Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

Wait, maybe in Lana’ mind, she considers that when the album’s release process begins (first single) = the album has «arrived» . Not that the whole album is coming in September, but the first single(s) is coming this month.

5 minutes ago, Embach said:

What if Lasso is a double album :puzzled:

Yes cause Lasso is actually Lasso Over My Neck, the slowcore industrial gothic country doom rock UV sequel produced by Rick Nowels and Trent Reznor containing features with Chelsea Wolfe, Amy Lee, Ethel Cain, Thom Yorke and Deftones. The first half is slowcore Southern Gothic and the second part a hardcore industrial inferno with screenching electric guitars, heavy filthy beats and doomed apocalyptic soundscapes. 40 tracks. Fine China, Serial Killer, Dark City and Loved You Then and Now were reworked and made it to the final tracklist.

5 minutes ago, Embach said:

What if Lasso is a double album :puzzled:

Wait didn’t she say in the 2021 ig live that she would do a half country / covers album?

why is everyone on here suddenly so pessimistic? 
Like guys, there will be things coming from lana, maybe the covers album, the unreleased collection, aka rerelease, new singles or even OUR LONG AWAITED LASSO! 
Guys I think we only need to be a little more patient, there are great things coming for sure

IMG-6576.jpg

Do you guys think Lasso’s “country” means fun and lighthearted parodies of the genre, with a lot of references to things like rodeos, guns, horses? (Thinking of “Tough”) 

Or will it lean towards a more authentic approach? With themes like family legacy, relationships, faith. So basically Lana’s usual style but of course with country music production.
(Songs like George Jones' "He Stopped Loving Her Today," Miranda Lambert's "The House That Built Me," or Lee Ann Womack's "I Hope You Dance.")

Maybe both? Henry seems to have a heartfelt sentiment but also has the giddyup cowgirl line. “Country” could really mean anything and I’m sure this topic has already been talked to death but I want to know what everyone’s expecting.

1 minute ago, Bluelake said:

Do you guys think Lasso’s “country” means fun and lighthearted parodies of the genre, with a lot of references to things like rodeos, guns, horses? (Thinking of “Tough”) 

Or will it lean towards a more authentic approach? With themes like family legacy, relationships, faith. So basically Lana’s usual style but of course with country music production.
(Songs like George Jones' "He Stopped Loving Her Today," Miranda Lambert's "The House That Built Me," or Lee Ann Womack's "I Hope You Dance.")

Maybe both? Henry seems to have a heartfelt sentiment but also has the giddyup cowgirl line. “Country” could really mean anything and I’m sure this topic has already been talked to death but I want to know what everyone’s expecting.

Genres are a funny little concept, aren't they? Yes, they are. In theory, they have a simple definition that's easy to understand. But in practice, well, some may feel confined.

I can’t imagine there won’t be some “tongue-in-cheek” elements of Lana going country. Even if her instrumentation, melodies, and production are traditionally country - I imagine the visuals, lyrics, etc. would def have elements of irony 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

2 minutes ago, Mer said:

Genres are a funny little concept, aren't they? Yes, they are. In theory, they have a simple definition that's easy to understand. But in practice, well, some may feel confined.

I can’t imagine there won’t be some “tongue-in-cheek” elements of Lana going country. Even if her instrumentation, melodies, and production are traditionally country - I imagine the visuals, lyrics, etc. would def have elements of irony 

“Tongue-in-cheek” was the  phrase I was looking for! And I love the quote. It explains why Lana exploring country is an awesome thing. I think we are on the same page on about what to expect. Lana’s music, and she has said this herself, already has some country sensibilities, so for her, “going country” can definitely imply moments of irony. There’s so many corners within the genre that can be touched and I’m very excited for what Lana does with it. :wub:

Can anyone bring some tongue in cheek examples from Lana, trying to think about one right now but can't really recall (only besides FMWUTTT or MPG).

2.gif

2 hours ago, Embach said:

I wish those journalists asked better questions (like the NME one in May and the Vogue one in August), it's sometimes good to be straightforward and ask:

LANA,

IS

LASSO

OUT

IN

SEPTEMBER?

:wendy:

She could say yes and it still not come out :trisha4:

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

4 years of clowning for behind the iron gates pls let it be true this time I’m constantly checking its lb page for an update :yell:

𝙘𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙖 𝙙𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢𝙞𝙣' 𝙜𝙤𝙩 𝙢𝙮 𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙮 𝙤𝙣 𝙢𝙮 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙..

giphy.gif?cid=790b76119tm0xa5wga61up5ptu

by the time Lasso is out the music business will be circling back to 90s alt rock 💀 

ngl I don’t know why she got fixated with this country baloney, it’s been in the air for like 4 years it’s dead and gone, I wish she just let it go and explored new concepts and actually paved the way like she did with btd, uv, hm and Norman instead of chasing after whatever the music business is doing 

Lana most certainly isn't chasing after whatever the music business is doing. She's doing country because she wants to do country. It's obviously a genre that she loves and wants to share her own spin on it. 

Anyways, covers album out by this Christmas to prep us for a country-esque sound before Lasso blows our minds next spring/early summer :true:

1 minute ago, DCooper said:

Lana most certainly isn't chasing after whatever the music business is doing. She's doing country because she wants to do country. It's obviously a genre that she loves and wants to share her own spin on it. 

Anyways, covers album out by this Christmas to prep us for a country-esque sound before Lasso blows our minds next spring/early summer :true:

Yeah Right