Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

43 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Ok I kind of manifested this because I’ve been  listening to country music all day…

also if you don’t like country/folk and are worried about the next record…

Love Hurts- Gram Parsons

Wild Horses- The Rolling Stones

Hot Burrito #1- The Flying Burrito Brothers

I’ll Be Here in the Morning- Townes Van Zandt

Long Long Time- Linda Rondstadt

These songs are AMAZING and what I’m hoping for the next record to be in line with.

miss i need your spotify asap pls

tumblr-n02pmk-XHSH1rcgcl7o6-250.gif

23 minutes ago, longtimeman said:

Have you heard Dolly's latest album, Rockstar? Her voice isn't what it once was, but even so, there would be nothing strange about a duet with Lana.

I still think Dolly on Prettiest Girl in Country Music would be amazing. As I said in the Pre-Pre-Release, I can totally hear her voice on the song & I’m sure after so many years in the industry, she can relate to the lyrics x

4 minutes ago, Bereaved By You said:

I’m sorry girlies, but where did she say that LDR10 is titled Lasso and that shes been working on it for the past 4 years…?

i only saw when she said “We’re going country”

Check the video in the OP of this thread :) x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Just now, Elle said:

I still think Dolly on Prettiest Girl in Country Music would be amazing. As I said in the Pre-Pre-Release, I can totally hear her voice on the song & I’m sure after so many years in the industry, she can relate to the lyrics x

Check the video in the OP of this thread :) x

Thank you :) 

14 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:

When this is an interlude on the album :oprah4:

When we get country boy I love you X cola îa îa o with lasso whip sound effects

suzy-cowgirl.gif

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

31 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

I think I would be more excited for this if it weren’t produced by Jack Antonoff again. I got a feeling that this will be Chemtrails 2.0. Also Lasso is probably her least interesting album title so far.  

umm blue banisters and honeymoon would like a word with you

1 hour ago, takeyourselftosleep said:

Not obsessed with country but I really like the Henry Come On snippet, also the "Hey Blue Baby" song she sung live with Jack a few years ago, and I absolute LOVED that one "all my friends say my life's like a bad country song", so I have faith it will be good. I mean there's different styles of country and she doesn't necessarily have to be yee-hawing all over the track... like Chemtrails has strong country vibes and I like a lot of those songs. My concern is that Lana is at her best when she infuses her art with a bit of edginess and I feel like country is always very simple and sincere and doesn't really allow for that ethereal/strange 'twin peaks' kinda vibe that Lana taps into.

Just please Lana give us good visuals, especially if the music is stripped back and minimal we need Ocean Blvd level production on the cover to bring it to life. Also Country Road was cute but it's not an album track girl.

These are my demands requests.

yes pls no country road, one of her most abysmal covers.

genuinely can't say I'm excited for the first time ever and that makes me upset :cryney: I mean I knew it was bound to happen according to everything she's been doing and hinting since at least last year but yeah now the confirmation is here

I'll just keep my fingers crossed I'll enjoy it somehow 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

Damn there’s so much disappointment in this thread… you guys better not abandon Lana just because she’s “going country”. It will be amazing, funny and romantic; it will have class to it and, the best thing about this, it will be in Lana style.

KlRCfON.gif