Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

2 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

Do you mean cowboys are secretly fond of each other?

You do realize that’s a super old song, right? :bebe: It first came out in 1981 and has been re-recorded by many artists 

That's great to know--I didn't know that, as it sounds in some ways very much in the Peck tradition. It's funny and cute, but in a sense, it's a shame that it's out there, because it just reinforces a lot of incorrect ideas about homosexuality. Thank you. 

To be honest, I wouldn't mind if she puts an unheard The Last Shadow Puppets collab song from 2017 on the album :smokes3: Their songs weren't country but they were guitar based so it's kinda close yk

url%5D

41 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

That's great to know--I didn't know that, as it sounds in some ways very much in the Peck tradition. It's funny and cute, but in a sense, it's a shame that it's out there, because it just reinforces a lot of incorrect ideas about homosexuality. Thank you. 

no I do agree! It has been a highly controversial song, since it came out, for that reason! 

Personally I kinda like an openly gay singer covering it to kind of ‘take back’ the message of it! But I do agree it is a bit dated 

I love how Lana called out the industry ‘going country’ and now everyone from Beyoncé to Yung Gravy is doing it 

"Don’t forget me"

4 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

no I do agree! It has been a highly controversial song, since it came out, for that reason! 

Personally I kinda like an openly gay singer covering it to kind of ‘take back’ the message of it! But I do agree it is a bit dated 

I love how Lana called out the industry ‘going country’ and now everyone from Beyoncé to Yung Gravy is doing it 

In a sense, I would think Peck had better sense than to reintroduce it to the public, especially the American public, which already has so many backward ideas about homosexuality. But yes, I guess he's reclaiming it and knows it's tongue-in-cheek, and will perhaps stir controversy, especially if it were to become a hit of some kind. It is a relief to know he didn't write it and didn't think up those lyrics himself. 

Thanks. 

43 minutes ago, Embach said:

To be honest, I wouldn't mind if she puts an unheard The Last Shadow Puppets collab song from 2017 on the album :smokes3: Their songs weren't country but they were guitar based so it's kinda close yk

personally I only want songs that were crafted with ‘Lasso’ in mind on the album. Ever since LFL she’s tacked on songs that she likes, even if it doesn’t fit the albums, and it’s caused every album since to be a more mixed bags of sounds

"Don’t forget me"

1 minute ago, NikoGo said:

personally I only want songs that were crafted with ‘Lasso’ in mind on the album. Ever since LFL she’s tacked on songs that she likes, even if it doesn’t fit the albums, and it’s caused every album since to be a more mixed bags of sounds

I agree with this, and it's made each less than perfect, not that I expect almost any artist working today to make a uniform, consistent, and cohesive album the way some artists did in the distant past, like Fleetwood Mac with Rumours, Bruce Springsteen with Born to Run, Joni Mitchell with Court & Spark, the clash with London Calling, or Tori Amos with Under the Pink and Boys For Pele

I'd like Lasso to be all-new material, specifically conceived for this project. 

3 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

True but I think that the album will already have mixed sounds because she has been making that album for like 4 years. A song recorded in 2019/20 might sound very different from one recorded in 2024, even if it's country and if it has different producers (most likely Drew, Zach ect will be involved as well, besides Jack).

url%5D

58 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

7 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

In a sense, I would think Peck had better sense than to reintroduce it to the public, especially the American public, which already has so many backward ideas about homosexuality. But yes, I guess he's reclaiming it and knows it's tongue-in-cheek, and will perhaps stir controversy, especially if it were to become a hit of some kind. It is a relief to know he didn't write it and didn't think up those lyrics himself. 

Thanks. 

Willie Nelson actually did a cover of 'Cowboys Are Frequently, Secretly Fond of Each Other' in 2006 as a solo artist. This is why Orville asked Willie to duet with him on it for his upcoming duets album, Stampede.

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

Just now, J.R.OMEGA said:

Willie Nelson actually did a cover of 'Cowboys Are Frequently, Secretly Fond of Each Other' in 2006 as a solo artist. This is why Orville asked Willie to duet with him on it for his upcoming duets album, Stampede.

Got it, thank you. 

3 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

I agree with this, and it's made each less than perfect, not that I expect almost any artist working today to make a uniform, consistent, and cohesive album the way some artists did in the distant past, like Fleetwood Mac with Rumours, Bruce Springsteen with Born to Run, Joni Mitchell with Court & Spark, the clash with London Calling, or Tori Amos with Under the Pink and Boys For Pele

I'd like Lasso to be all-new material, specifically conceived for this project. 

I totally agree. I want all new tracks from Lana (with the exception of the country tracks Lana debuted, live, with Jack years ago, I wouldn't mind having official studio versions of those tracks). Lana is going to do whatever she wants to do, but keeping even cover songs off of the album would be okay with me. She can save those for the American Standards album that will (hopefully) see the light of day at some point. That said, I am expecting 'Take Me Home Country Roads' to be featured on Lasso.

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

17 hours ago, ShadesOfViolence said:

the question in my mind is why there is no insider speaking about the upcoming album:stareney:

Because lana is probably still recording songs and nothing has been finished yet, hence no insiders gaining access to anything.

In conclusion, no album is coming in September.

:oprah6:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Just now, J.R.OMEGA said:

I totally agree. I want all new tracks from Lana (with the exception of the country tracks Lana debuted, live, with Jack years ago, I wouldn't mind having official studio versions of those tracks). Lana is going to do whatever she wants to do, but keeping even cover songs off of the album would be okay with me. She can save those for the American Standards album that will (hopefully) see the light of day at some point. That said, I am expecting 'Take Me Home Country Roads' to be featured on Lasso.

I found her version of CRTMH on the anemic side—it sounded more like a demo or a first take to me, certainly not Lana singing "the way John Denver sings," so I'd prefer it not be included. I'm rather baffled while she released it all, especially compared to her brilliant take on Blue Skies, which I know had different producers and musicians entirely—and different intentions. 

I agree, Lana is going to do what Lana wants to do. That is certain. My expectations for her and all other artists today is 2-3 songs I like on new albums—if I get that, then I'm content. 

27 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

Because lana is probably still recording songs and nothing has been finished yet, hence no insiders gaining access to anything.

In conclusion, no album is coming in September.

:oprah6:

That doesn’t have to be true! She submitted Ocean in September but insiders didn’t say a single thing about it until like January/February 

"Don’t forget me"

1 hour ago, Embach said:

I think you’re onto something bc the the concept of an entirely TLSP album needs to come to life like it’s too good to pass up I just know she’s saving this for when the rock genre becomes trendy like country is rn :angie: But I agree with the people that Lasso as its own unique thing has potential to be more cohesive and well thought out :true:  

28 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

That doesn’t have to be true! She submitted Ocean in September but insiders didn’t say a single thing about it until like January/February 

hmm true, maybe her team are threatening legal action against specific insiders thats why things are quiet

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Ok but I'm surprised nothing has leaked yet. Like you would expect leakers to be snooping around and drop leaks of some sort :um2:

0ae56b1bf259635a2447c21abd6c2128db7d1a33

𝓢𝓪𝔂 𝓘 𝓶𝓪𝓴𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓯𝓮𝓮𝓵 𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮! 𝓛𝓲𝓴𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓭𝓲𝓭, 𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓭𝓲𝓭 𝔀𝓱𝓮𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝔀𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷
𝓢𝓪𝔂 𝓘 𝓶𝓪𝓴𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓯𝓮𝓮𝓵 𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮! 𝓦𝓱𝓮𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝔀𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓭𝓲𝓻𝓽𝔂 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓿𝔂 𝓶𝓮𝓽𝓪𝓵 𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓰
𝓢𝓪𝔂 𝓘 𝓶𝓪𝓴𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓯𝓮𝓮𝓵 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓻𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽, 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓻𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽, 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓻𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧。・:*:・゚★。・:*:・゚☆*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

i'd be actually very very very very very surprised if she releases the album in september :hillary:

url%5D