Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

OKAY LISTEN UP THOSE WHO ARE GOING TO SEE HER CONCERT MAY 17TH IN ALABAMA:

ASK HER ABOUT LASSO. 

im so serious… lana will gladly share some info im 100% sure!!!

2123f444375698ae74bd23417a00ea95?impolic

Kanye was supposed to release vultures 2 a few weeks ago, he didn’t. Just like he didn’t release many other album. These two are seen together because they do the same thing. THEY LIE ABOUT RELEASE DATES AND CHANGE THEIR MINDS THE DAY BEFORE RELEASE DATE

3 hours ago, jakoblvd said:

OKAY LISTEN UP THOSE WHO ARE GOING TO SEE HER CONCERT MAY 17TH IN ALABAMA:

ASK HER ABOUT LASSO. 

im so serious… lana will gladly share some info im 100% sure!!!

and pls ask if she’ll ever write another poetry book, i cant rest in peace knowing that violet is her only released poetry collection 😫😫

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

21 hours ago, ultrabanisters said:

i will be investigating the baddisease dupe rumours immediately 

I don't understand anything anymore here :lolliney:

I love the Tough snippet so much, I'm dying for a SB pt2. But the lyrics :s

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

7 hours ago, Embach said:

why people hate melanie so much? like i don't yearn for a collab but i used to listen to her when i was in my mid-teens but now...not really anymore. i haven't listened to portals as well. but i still don't understand the hate, her music can be weird for someone but is it worth hating? also lana follows like many other musicians as well but that doesn't mean that she'll collab with them. over this month she has followed like 10 country musicians, i'm actually surprised that none of the notorious country haters here haven't started worrying about that lmaooo

Yeah, Lana and Melanie fans have been in a weird feud since last year after Portals came out. I don't know where it stems from, but I assume it's just been a comparison because they're both two Alt. Pop artists who were prolific during the Tumblr era.

Like, I've seen Melanie stans mock Lana stans with Portals sales, or Lana stans mock Melanie stans with Lana's Spotify streams, etc. I really wish it would stop because it's embarrassing on our end to be hating on any artist, let alone someone like Melanie who does their own thing entirely and is in a different lane than Lana is.

I've had the same issue with Lana stans during the whole Taylor debacle at the Grammys - some people infantilize Lana way too much.

Also, I know I'll be the only one but I'm growing a little tired of her hostility towards random accounts asserting that she grew up rich or privileged. The original post she commented on was indeed stupid, but if she feels that strongly about it maybe she should be candid about her childhood, because even the few times she's actually "addressed" it, she's still been very vague.

I think she's not being honest with herself. There's nothing wrong growing up privileged (rich or not). She clearly had opportunities. Not just any of us were running around bumping shoulders with Lindsay Lohan as a pre-teen. I don't know why she feels the need for us to know she has suffered. I know her family situation was not ideal and she didn't feel love, but that's a completely different discussion IMO.

13 minutes ago, HeyBlueBaby said:

Also, I know I'll be the only one but I'm growing a little tired of her hostility towards random accounts asserting that she grew up rich or privileged. The original post she commented on was indeed stupid, but if she feels that strongly about it maybe she should be candid about her childhood, because even the few times she's actually "addressed" it, she's still been very vague.

I think I really understand her ( a little bit?) because sometimes those edits are kinda cringey 😬 

1 hour ago, HeyBlueBaby said:

I think she's not being honest with herself. There's nothing wrong growing up privileged (rich or not). She clearly had opportunities. Not just any of us were running around bumping shoulders with Lindsay Lohan as a pre-teen. I don't know why she feels the need for us to know she has suffered. I know her family situation was not ideal and she didn't feel love, but that's a completely different discussion IMO.

Y’all really speak too freely about the life of someone you don’t even know irl.

IMG-1607.jpg

I checked under my foreskin for any lasso tracks and there's a romantic country slow dance waltz banger that I'm sure will be played at many a prom or homecoming or weddings. Wonderful tune. Bit wistful. Certifiably a ldr track but it feels old timey

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

Everyone going to the Alabama concert please ask Lana if there'll be any unreleased tracks on the album :oprah3:

0ae56b1bf259635a2447c21abd6c2128db7d1a33

𝓢𝓪𝔂 𝓘 𝓶𝓪𝓴𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓯𝓮𝓮𝓵 𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮! 𝓛𝓲𝓴𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓭𝓲𝓭, 𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓭𝓲𝓭 𝔀𝓱𝓮𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝔀𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷
𝓢𝓪𝔂 𝓘 𝓶𝓪𝓴𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓯𝓮𝓮𝓵 𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮! 𝓦𝓱𝓮𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝔀𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓭𝓲𝓻𝓽𝔂 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓿𝔂 𝓶𝓮𝓽𝓪𝓵 𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓰
𝓢𝓪𝔂 𝓘 𝓶𝓪𝓴𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓯𝓮𝓮𝓵 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓻𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽, 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓻𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽, 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓻𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧。・:*:・゚★。・:*:・゚☆*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Was thinking about how Lana used to cover “Knockin’ on Heavens Door” at her performances after Without You.

I’m not saying put a cover song on the album, but imagine a studio version on Lasso :flutter:

I just need smooth transitions again like the ones on Honeymoon or some songs on A.K.A or sth iconic like Bittersuite going into Blue on Billies new album :defeated:I don't know how likely that is since Lasso was made over a timespan of 4 years but even if it's only for a couple of songs I would be satisfied. I kinda miss smooth transitions like that:trisha:

Manifesting bridges too :pray2:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I wonder if we are getting southern gothic type of country

7bdc640af88ef30d615092fdc5507c26-9095.jpg?rect=0,117,474,474&q=98&fm=jpg&fit=maxac962d0efa88828312032cad00aefd07.jpggetc-2471.jpg?rect=0,38,500,500&q=98&fm=jpg&fit=max&w=320&h=320

Or old Wild West style country

c21bbbe42c765b8e1ade7a4541b8b71d389df55f.jpgdd2476e446622d9adac501a8623e00338715c753.jpg992992c68122dd06ea7ab7b90c69999c.jpgc7ad5d2ec44771ce43be28b90fb27057b820a38f.jpgca383eeb2b64232d8b5a871dd01daa89.jpg

Or more vintage western cowgirl country

il_1588xN.5024779402_5vv6.jpgb0e5d24f5a30af4e783846d758603868.jpg74939fa5bf7c696e5bac8252f7c0a0d2.jpg

I know she'll make it her own blend, but I wonder what style it will lean towards in terms of sound and art. The word Lasso makes me think Wild West, and the website used for the Coachella live chat had a vintage western cowgirl feel. Maybe this is the delulu in me speaking, but could the emotes and art have been hints for Lasso? They bolded the songs she performed in the chat, so I think it’s possible the rest of the website’s theme could have more relevance. Since it dropped during Coachella, we kinda overlooked that website and emotes. I'm curious if they have more significance to the album like the cover art or song lyrics.

GLATK9sXIAAx3H7.jpgGLFXFkCWwAA9xYG?format=jpg&name=medium

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

14 hours ago, shadesofblue said:

it dropped during Coachella, we kinda overlooked that website and emotes. I'm curious if they have more significance to the album like the cover art or song lyrics.

GLATK9sXIAAx3H7.jpgGLFXFkCWwAA9xYG?format=jpg&name=medium

i feel like we absolutely did not overlook the website and emojis. For hours before Coachella started it was basically the only thing we talked about :thumb2: it’s what really fed into our ‘we’re getting a new song’ delusions 

"Don’t forget me"