Davis

Florence + The Machine

I like all of them a lot, but on more listens I think I relate to WTF so much that it has to be my favourite. 

Yeah, who can't relate to "I love you soooo muchhhh .... what the fuckkkkk"? 

It also sounds hilarious coming from her because she's so prim and proper

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I like all of them a lot, but on more listens I think I relate to WTF so much that it has to be my favourite. 

same

All my ex-boyfriends and people I don’t talk to anymore They come and visit me in dreams But when I wake there are no messages for me :defeated:

8bed6302093afb3474710b83255143a8.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the amazing, spectacular, flawless, magnificent, ethereal British Fairy Princess Florence Leontine Welch.

eRIQwk0.gif

I've had a really, really, really shit past 48 hours but she makes me so happy. I will never forget the night I saw her live and she threw her cape open in the opening notes of Only If For A Night. Magical and wonderful.

A QUEEN, truly.

vxihHhe.gif

In celebration, I encourage everyone to post their favourite Florence song

JHHgTlF.gif

It's extremely difficult to only choose one, but of course I choose the really dramatic one she wrote whilst high:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

A few favourites:

When our queen invented dancing 

RealisticDistortedDunnart-size_restricte

and looked into the gates of heaven

H6pT.gif

and when I photobombed her and got made into a fandom meme

Impossible to pick favourite songs when we have Hunger, Third Eye, HBHBHB, Shake It Out . . . so I will be celebrating while streaming TOO MUCH IS NEVER ENOUGH for its incredible bridge. 

"AND WHO CARES ABOUT THE THING I DID THAT NIGHT??
SO WHAT?! MAYBE LUNA HAD IT RIGHT! 
AND WHO CAAAAAAARES IF I'M COMING BACK ALIVE?!
SO WHAAAAAAAT? AT LEAST I HAD THE STRENGTH TO FIGHT!!"

:krylie:

3lfQEhw.png

I have a secret... I love caught  :shh:

I have loved her ever since I heard cosmic love back in the day, but I agree that HBHBHB is for now her masterpiece. I remember when the first teaser came out for that, the one where she dances with herself with that bursting horn section playing, that was one of the most satisfying introductions to an era ever. I love the whole collection of music videos from it as well. St. Judes is so soft and pretty and Queen of Peace gives me the DRAMA with that choreo. 

her movie songs (and game songs) are so fking good too. 

6 hours ago, domandapiano said:

I have a secret... I love caught  :shh:

I have loved her ever since I heard cosmic love back in the day, but I agree that HBHBHB is for now her masterpiece. I remember when the first teaser came out for that, the one where she dances with herself with that bursting horn section playing, that was one of the most satisfying introductions to an era ever. I love the whole collection of music videos from it as well. St. Judes is so soft and pretty and Queen of Peace gives me the DRAMA with that choreo. 

her movie songs (and game songs) are so fking good too. 

Shouldn't be a secret; sing it loud and proud!

I've been a big fan since DDAO came out as a single - so definitely a while - and a certified, lifelong stan when SIO dropped. 

And OMG totally, that teaser doesn't get talked about enough. We knew things were coming, so it wasn't a true 100% surprise. But it was still so much more and better than expected omg

And yes she has an amazing soundtrack discog. SHe has so many random releases and I can't have a million 'albums' in my collection, so I have the 4 main albums plus a 5 Misc. album - called Useless Magic - with the following disc organization:

1. Soundtrack Singles
  2. Standalone or Compilation Singles
  3. Featured Singles
  4. Pre-FATM Songs
  5. Unreleased Songs

It's incomplete, because I don't care about non-studio covers or demos/alt versions, but whew. A discog!

6 hours ago, LanaBoi said:

For me HBHBHB = HIH = Ceremonials > Lungs 

King of not choosing ;)

FOr the longest time I was a diehard Ceremonials defender, and I still love it . . but I listened through for the first time in kind of a while 2 weeks ago and I realized it may not be my favorite anymore. I love all 4, so it's so difficult - and pointless, really - ranking them. But if I had to, it might be 

HAH > Ceremonials > HBHBHB > Lungs

Lungs has some of her absolute best and it's essential in her disoc, but it's definitely the most scattered or least . . conceptually-/sonically-based? IDK. THey're all so good akdjfksdajkfj

13 hours ago, partymonster said:

I find it so hard to listen to Lungs :toofunny: HBHBHB is peak Florence

There are many classics on Lungs but I don't really like Girl With One Eye (the demo - Filthy Fingers - is much stronger imo). Also, My Boy Builds Coffins and Kiss With a Fist (likewise, I think Happy Slap is better) are okay but not really incredible, and really show that they're being pulled in different directions on the debut. 

My ranking would probably go . . 

HAH = HBHBHB 

Ceremonials = Lungs

Unplugged

I don't think there are any week numbers on HAH or HBHBHB (except dorky Caught. It's so plonky. OOO-oo-oo-ooo-oo-oo-ooo-ooooooo). Ceremonials has just as many iconic anthems but Leave My Body is a kitchen sink and Seven Devils gives me anxiety. Also I don't really care for Never Let Me Go - it's always overshadowing Lover to Lover which is tons better. Ceremonials was the best era aesthetically, vocally and for live performances however.

Ultimate Shake it Out performance

Ultimate Lover to Lover

3lfQEhw.png