SinclairKills23

Trump/Biden 2024 Rematch — TikTok ban

4 hours ago, baddisease said:

tbh I have a theory that the Democratic Party purposely loses on subjects that would rile people up.

They had opportunities to codify Roe but didn't, instead using the threat of Roe being overturned to get people to vote. Same can be seen with LGBTQ rights, labor rights, etc.

It's how they raise money, by allowing Republicans to get their way while using the threat of their tyranny to make it look like Dems will do something to stop it

I’m deff on the left, but neither democrats and republicans seem like they want to do shit :eek:

They care more about pointless subjects, just so they can make each other look like the bad guy. It’s like a game to them while they watch people suffer. They don’t care about people dying on the streets because they can’t afford to live. 
There should be priorities, there’s a TON of things being ignored. 
Also id like to add, Republican Party is far worse, but I wish democrats actually did more

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

1 hour ago, Wait For Life said:

Hearing non-US citizens talking high and mighty about US problems like they have a clue never fails to amuse me :brigitte:

To be fair, hearing most US-citizens also pretend to understand US problems is equally amusing. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

4 hours ago, baddisease said:

They had opportunities to codify Roe but didn't, instead using the threat of Roe being overturned to get people to vote. Same can be seen with LGBTQ rights, labor rights, etc.

That’s not exactly a fair statement. House Democrats did pass legislation to codify abortion rights, but Senate Republicans filibustered the bill and it died in a broken senate that essentially needs 60 votes to get anything passed. 

3 hours ago, Embach said:

As an European, I have always wanted to ask these questions from Americans:

What are your thoughts on president Biden's politics? Like from the beginning. Is he a great president or not? Better or worse than Trump? Or are they on the same level? Was Trump ever good? How were the economy and security (inside and outside the US) with them both? Would've Bernie Sanders been a better president?

When I've read comments about Biden on social media, they've been mostly negative, so I'd like to see some opinions here.

I strongly dislike both Trump and Biden (although, I was very happy when Biden won). I was really disappointed in Biden after everything what has happened in Palestine/Gaza. I do have to admit that maybe the only thing I like about Biden is that he has voiced support for the LGBTQ+ community and POC (although I don't know if he sincerely supports them), also he has supported Ukraine a lot during the war and has tried to secure Europe as much as possible (in case there is a war). But about Trump...never liked him nor his politics. He created bad chaos everywhere. He did give sometimes funny meme moments with his behaviour but that's it. 

I really liked Obama though, I loved his vibe. He didn't seem too arrogant, he seemed to talk a lot with the public as well. But I was too young then to understand his politics, so I can't comment on that though. What were your thoughts on Obama?

Also, what are your thoughts that very old people (Trump's nearly 80, Biden's already 80+) are running for president? Would you like to see a young president?

Truth is, majority of people don’t like either but were forced to pick sides because of the two party system. While trump has his loyal fan base, not everyone on the right supports him. I don’t think I know anyone on the left that actually likes Biden, we just put up with him because we don’t want trump in office. I really wish there was a better option for the democratic party. Although I’m disgusted how Biden has been dealing with the situation in Palestine, I also don’t think trump would have a better stance on it. If anything, he’d prob make things way worse. 
I hate how old most of the politicians are, not to hate on old people. Idk about most people, but I wouldn’t want an 80+ year old to be my surgeon or my pilot, so what’s the difference with a politician making decisions about

people in a country? I think there should be age limits for positions in politics, especially president and Supreme Court justices. The Supreme Court members don’t even have term limits, they serve for life. it’s ridiculous

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

Trump’s presidency certainly WAS as bad as people/media painted it to be. His presidency was destined to benefit a certain group of people and to not see that shows YOU ARE IN THAT GROUP OF PEOPLE. Including me!!! I’m in that group of people! I’m a white male, my life was not affected because of his presidency!! And that is by design!

Immigrants from Latin and South America put through hell, families separated, people dying in cages, Muslim people from cherry-picked countries were outright BANNED from entering the US, women having their rights stripped from them because of HIS judicial picks, transgender people being banned from serving their country, and the 400,000 people who died from COVID by the time he left office because he fucking LIED. 

If none of this affected you, consider yourself lucky. But his presidency was a stain on this country’s history and the fact we have to choose between him and Joe fucking Biden again shows we are in the absolute worst timeline. 

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

22 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:

Trump’s presidency certainly WAS as bad as people/media painted it to be. His presidency was destined to benefit a certain group of people and to not see that shows YOU ARE IN THAT GROUP OF PEOPLE. Including me!!! I’m in that group of people! I’m a white male, my life was not affected because of his presidency!! And that is by design!

Immigrants from Latin and South America put through hell, families separated, people dying in cages, Muslim people from cherry-picked countries were outright BANNED from entering the US, women having their rights stripped from them because of HIS judicial picks, transgender people being banned from serving their country, and the 400,000 people who died from COVID by the time he left office because he fucking LIED. 

If none of this affected you, consider yourself lucky. But his presidency was a stain on this country’s history and the fact we have to choose between him and Joe fucking Biden again shows we are in the absolute worst timeline. 

👆 What he said. Just a little quick reminder to suggest all the damage done to a country of 300 million people done by a Cheeto (yes I went there) 

I dont care about tiktok being banned tbh

I haven't read most of the thread because I hate politics so idk exactly why its being banned but tiktok has never been good for anything so lowk happy ab this :flutter:

omg my signature is gone what

𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶 𝒟𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑜 𝐵𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝑀𝒾𝓃𝒹
𝒩𝑜𝓉 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝓌𝑜𝓇𝓁𝒹

⋆♥⋆

img%5D

Anyways this all seems like an inevitable play to have TikTok be a US owned company. They probably won’t allow Meta to buy it, but I imagine it would get quite a few bids, maybe even from companies that are looking to break into the social media space and would rather buy a platform with high adoption rather than start their own (Microsoft, Amazon [an Amazon-TikTok e-commerce integration could be game changing for how we shop on social media], maybe even Google though unlikely) 

Just now, Mer said:

Anyways this all seems like an inevitable play to have TikTok be a US owned company. They probably won’t allow Meta to buy it, but I imagine it would get quite a few bids, maybe even from companies that are looking to break into the social media space and would rather buy a platform with high adoption rather than start their own (Microsoft, Amazon [an Amazon-TikTok e-commerce integration could be game changing for how we shop on social media], maybe even Google though unlikely) 

amazon and tiktok joining together sounds like a dystopian hell :air:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

the fact that they are focoused in a stupid app instead all of th very real issues that are going on is actually crazy like :wtf3:

tumblr_msgktbC6Al1rqekzuo1_400.gif

.*𝒹𝑜𝓃’𝓉 𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓋𝑒, 𝒾 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓃𝑒𝑒𝒹 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝓊𝓅 𝒸𝒶𝓁𝓁✧.*

31 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

refuse to read this post the title alone makes me want to rip my own flesh off (i'm an american)

I made the thread and had it titled differently but it was changed, not by me 

7 hours ago, Embach said:

As an European, I have always wanted to ask these questions from Americans:

What are your thoughts on president Biden's politics? Like from the beginning. Is he a great president or not? Better or worse than Trump? Or are they on the same level? Was Trump ever good? How were the economy and security (inside and outside the US) with them both? Would've Bernie Sanders been a better president?

When I've read comments about Biden on social media, they've been mostly negative, so I'd like to see some opinions here.

I strongly dislike both Trump and Biden (although, I was very happy when Biden won). I was really disappointed in Biden after everything what has happened in Palestine/Gaza. I do have to admit that maybe the only thing I like about Biden is that he has voiced support for the LGBTQ+ community and POC (although I don't know if he sincerely supports them), also he has supported Ukraine a lot during the war and has tried to secure Europe as much as possible (in case there is a war). But about Trump...never liked him nor his politics. He created bad chaos everywhere. He did give sometimes funny meme moments with his behaviour but that's it. 

I really liked Obama though, I loved his vibe. He didn't seem too arrogant, he seemed to talk a lot with the public as well. But I was too young then to understand his politics, so I can't comment on that though. What were your thoughts on Obama?

Also, what are your thoughts that very old people (Trump's nearly 80, Biden's already 80+) are running for president? Would you like to see a young president?

I don’t speak for most Americans, as I am an extreme minority and don’t generally believe in voting (I’m an anarchist) and haven’t voted since fuckin Obama (and regretted that) but I’ll bite… 

Spoiler

I think Biden is a garbage politician, but he’s just an old puppet who does as he’s told like most other Presidents. He has said some very racist, heinous things early in his career, but now he panders to minorities because that’s how you get the Dem vote of course. I personally think he’s a kid-sniffing pedophile and anyone that willingly brings their children near him has no fucking parental instincts. As a mom, seeing the way this man behaves around children makes my blood boil. He’s disgusting. And I have a fellow anarchist friend from Delaware whose grandfather was friends with him. She met him plenty when she was a kid. And she always got the ick from him, even as a small child. Just vile. 

Trump is a piece of shit too. I did find his tweets to be funny at times. He was a meme President. Good for a few laughs. Not someone to actually be taken seriously. I do miss how the economy was doing under his Presidency. People could afford gas and groceries and just…living in general. It’s rough right now. But a lot of this inflation was put into motion during his Presidency, his response to Covid. But I don’t think a Dem would’ve been any better in that regard. I like how Trump was able to rile up the entire establishment. He called out awful people on both sides and made people uncomfortable. That’s really the only thing I can say I genuinely liked about him… how unlikable he is to those in power. He was able to wake up a lot of ordinary folks, more people now question government corruption and all types of things, even if he was a fucking fraud all along. Things shifted. Questioning authority is good. 

I don’t think Bernie would’ve been any better either, especially when it comes to economics, but I am a free market capitalist at heart. (I know capitalism is a big bad boogeyman around here but I’m speaking of actual unregulated free market capitalism, not Corporatism which is what we have here in America.) We are polar opposites. He pretends to fight for the little guy, while being a millionaire. Remember when he hated millionaires? Then he became one. So now the hatred is focused on billionaires. His people envy what others have, is what that boils down to. 

Before I became an anarchist, I was a lifelong Democrat. I voted for Obama, twice. It makes me cringe now. He failed to deliver on any of the campaign promises that made me vote for him in the first place, most importantly being ending the wars. He ended up expanding them, and dropping more bombs during his Presidency than Bush did. Obama made me an anarchist. And the only politician I’ve ever trusted since him has been Ron Paul, a libertarian who ran for President as a Republican, because he was smart enough to play the Two Party Politics game. Third parties don’t amount to shit in this country, unfortunately. Ron has always been pro-freedom and consistently anti-war. He would call anyone a war monger to their face, on either side. He was the candidate most likely to leave people the fuck alone and keep government out of peoples’ fucking business. His actions in politics always matched his words. He didn’t have a fighting chance because he would be such a threat to the establishment. But running as a Republican got him up on the debate stage, got more ears hearing his words. Very smart man. I actually use his homeschool curriculum for my kids.

AB6-A338-F-93-FB-4-E32-8-E3-A-565-A67-D9

3 hours ago, That Venice Bitch said:

cleared those old hags :keyboard:

couldnt have said it better myself 

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

19 minutes ago, SinclairKills23 said:

I made the thread and had it titled differently but it was changed, not by me 

it was not a criticism of you! just a dig at the state of american politics :defeated:

aOaIzH2.gif

5 hours ago, Wait For Life said:

Hearing non-US citizens talking high and mighty about US problems like they have a clue never fails to amuse me :brigitte:

what:stunned: other countries have news channels too and thankfully not fox news

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

12 minutes ago, MamaDelGhey said:

I don’t speak for most Americans, as I am an extreme minority and don’t generally believe in voting (I’m an anarchist) and haven’t voted since fuckin Obama (and regretted that) but I’ll bite… 

Reveal hidden contents

I think Biden is a garbage politician, but he’s just an old puppet who does as he’s told like most other Presidents. He has said some very racist, heinous things early in his career, but now he panders to minorities because that’s how you get the Dem vote of course. I personally think he’s a kid-sniffing pedophile and anyone that willingly brings their children near him has no fucking parental instincts. As a mom, seeing the way this man behaves around children makes my blood boil. He’s disgusting. And I have a fellow anarchist friend from Delaware whose grandfather was friends with him. She met him plenty when she was a kid. And she always got the ick from him, even as a small child. Just vile. 

Trump is a piece of shit too. I did find his tweets to be funny at times. He was a meme President. Good for a few laughs. Not someone to actually be taken seriously. I do miss how the economy was doing under his Presidency. People could afford gas and groceries and just…living in general. It’s rough right now. But a lot of this inflation was put into motion during his Presidency, his response to Covid. But I don’t think a Dem would’ve been any better in that regard. I like how Trump was able to rile up the entire establishment. He called out awful people on both sides and made people uncomfortable. That’s really the only thing I can say I genuinely liked about him… how unlikable he is those in power. He was able to wake up a lot of ordinary folks, more people now question government corruption and all types of things, even if he was a fucking fraud all along. Things shifted. Questioning authority is good. 

I don’t think Bernie would’ve been any better either, especially when it comes to economics, but I am a free market capitalist at heart. (I know capitalism is a big bad boogeyman around here but I’m speaking of actual unregulated free market capitalism, not Corporatism which is what we have here in America.) We are polar opposites. He pretends to fight for the little guy, while being a millionaire. Remember when he hated millionaires? Then he became one. So now the hatred is focused on billionaires. His people envy what others have, is what that boils down to. 

Before I became an anarchist, I was a lifelong Democrat. I voted for Obama, twice. It makes me cringe now. He failed to deliver on any of the campaign promises that made me vote for him in the first place, mostly importantly being ending the wars. He ended up expanding them, and dropping more bombs during his Presidency than Bush did. Obama made me an anarchist. And the only politician I’ve ever trusted since him has been Ron Paul, a libertarian who ran for President as a Republican, because he was smart enough to play the Two Party Politics game. Third parties don’t amount to shit in this country, unfortunately.

not gonna lie... i honestly don't believe people should feel obligated to vote (in the presidential election)... i know my opinion's probably pretty unpopular, but i just don't get why people believe it's our duty as american citizens to vote, maybe in the past, voting for the president and who won mattered more, in a different way, but i wouldn't blame anybody for choosing not to vote because both options suck in different ways and i feel like regardless of who wins, nothing will change or improve

obviously it's still optional regardless, but it seems like people believe it's morally wrong or irresponsible not to vote but i feel like it shouldn't be wrong to not vote, and honestly not voting could be seen as casting your vote, in a way, especially since we only get to choose between two candidates (you could say there's all of the alternative parties, but let's be real, they're never going to win, so i can understand why people don't bother) and it seems more and more obvious that no matter who wins, nothing will fundamentally change, especially since our society is struggling so much right now, i don't trust either biden or trump to help

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123