SinclairKills23

Trump/Biden 2024 Rematch — TikTok ban

6 hours ago, Wait For Life said:

Hearing non-US citizens talking high and mighty about US problems like they have a clue never fails to amuse me :brigitte:

Hearing US citizens complaining about non-US citizens not minding their business as if the US hasn't forced everything onto the entire world and doesnt have direct influence over the entire western world and even control of whole countries and cultural groups, deciding whether or not some even deserve to exist :brigitte:

2 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

not gonna lie... i honestly don't believe people should feel obligated to vote (in the presidential election)... i know my opinion's probably pretty unpopular, but i just don't get why people believe it's our duty as american citizens to vote, maybe in the past, voting for the president and who won mattered more, in a different way, but i wouldn't blame anybody for choosing not to vote because both options suck in different ways and i feel like regardless of who wins, nothing will change or improve

obviously it's still optional regardless, but it seems like people believe it's morally wrong or irresponsible not to vote but i feel like it shouldn't be wrong to not vote, and honestly not voting could be seen as casting your vote, in a way, especially since we only get to choose between two candidates (you could say there's all of the alternative parties, but let's be real, they're never going to win, so i can understand why people don't bother) and it seems more and more obvious that no matter who wins, nothing will fundamentally change, especially since our society is struggling so much right now, i don't trust either biden or trump to help

I can always count on you for rational takes. Thank you for this. It drives me wild when people flip out over my refusal to vote. I don’t believe that voting does much of anything, and getting to choose a new master every 4 years doesn’t make one free. The late George Carlin, one of my favorite comedians, said it best: 

IMG-7041.jpg
Simply put, I don’t trust people who are attracted to positions of power (they’re essentially psychopaths) and I don’t consent to whatever bullshit they have up their sleeves. Voting only encourages them. 

AB6-A338-F-93-FB-4-E32-8-E3-A-565-A67-D9

i love how the government pays attention to the least serious topics... we have major gun violence and economic issues, but yeah pay attention to tiktok

I miss New York and I miss the music / Me and my friends, we miss rock 'n' roll / I want shit to feel just like it used to / And baby, I was doing nothing the most of all

Does that mean that Trump and Biden are the only candidates, Marianne Williamson and Nikki Haley dropped out?

url%5D

7 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

Hearing US citizens complaining about non-US citizens not minding their business as if the US hasn't forced everything onto the entire world and doesnt have direct influence over the entire western world and even control of whole countries and cultural groups, deciding whether or not some even deserve to exist :brigitte:

Reading this :brigitte: you’re exactly what I was talking about

I honestly don’t have a strong opinion on the TikTok ban. It’s easy to have an emotional response, but I may need to read more about the reasons why, including safety and national security risks. 

I’m generally all about free speech and avoiding censorship, but I’d like to be more educated on this topic before “picking sides.”

Assuming it’s Trump vs. Biden, it’s a no-brainer for me. In a perfect world, I wish we didn’t have a duopoly and had more political parties in the US. Unfortunately, voting third party or writing in someone is just giving away your vote in this election.

There’s too much at stake and Trump is too big of a threat to put back into office.

You can say that Biden is old, out of touch, too moderate, too establishment, not the best with foreign affairs, etc., but I’d take him over Trump any day. 

Messaging is key, because if TikTok is banned, that is going to piss off a lot of people. Especially younger voters. 

C9-EB944-D-53-AE-42-A7-A3-CE-EF6-DA48879

The problem isn’t Trump vs Biden, the problem is the politicians who are mostly 60 or older who have been in office for nearly 40 years. We need term limits, age limits, and people to be involved in more than the presidential elections. There are elections every year determining important local decisions (mayor, school board, local council) that get next to no coverage. 

Did I misspeak when I said the Trump years weren’t as bad as it was painted to be? Maybe slightly. But for this whole country’s existence unless you’re a straight white male this country hasn’t always been a very welcoming place. Most of the big issue topics (family separation, children in cages) are STILL HAPPENING. But since we’re blue, the media attention has dropped, and we hear nothing about it. 

life wasn’t ideal before Trump, during Trump, or post Trump. Just focusing in on 2017-2020 and saying that is the stain on the country is very near sided and ignores both our country’s past and where we’re at now. 

"Don’t forget me"

9 hours ago, MamaDelGhey said:

I don’t believe that voting does much of anything, and getting to choose a new master every 4 years doesn’t make one free.

Don’t forget that Presidents elect Supreme Court justices who serve for life and ultimately shape all major decisions on social justice issues and abortion access to name a few.
If people don’t want to vote for the president, consider voting because their decisions and cabinet appointees will have a lasting impact

1 hour ago, wipeout said:

Don’t forget that Presidents elect Supreme Court justices who serve for life and ultimately shape all major decisions on social justice issues and abortion access to name a few.
If people don’t want to vote for the president, consider voting because their decisions and cabinet appointees will have a lasting impact

I still maintain that if voting made much of a difference, we wouldn’t be allowed to do it. Presidents do as they’re told. Doesn’t matter if they have a (D) or an (R) after their name. The evil old men pulling the strings, who have no eyes on them, are the ones I worry about. And I’m sure those are the people deciding what Supreme Court justices will get picked as they play both sides and control the scripted soap opera that is American politics. 

AB6-A338-F-93-FB-4-E32-8-E3-A-565-A67-D9

8 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

So your choice is an unhinged criminal delusional tax fraud sex offender, or an unknown group of people operating in secret using a declining dementia patient as a puppet. God… America is in the trenches.

Well to be completely real the unhinged criminal delusional tax fraud sex offender who told the January 6th capital rioters “we love you” is also a puppet 

"Don’t forget me"

34 minutes ago, cherryzandwine said:

loki kinda happy that tiktoks getting band i feel like all of our lives revolve around it and we all need to touch grass more

That’s not even the point. The point is WHY are we focusing on an app instead of the war w/Palestine, abortions becoming illegal, school shootings, and the threats towards the transgender community. There’s far more important issues going on involving actual human lives instead of a dumb app. 

19 hours ago, Embach said:

As an European, I have always wanted to ask these questions from Americans:

What are your thoughts on president Biden's politics? Like from the beginning. Is he a great president or not? Better or worse than Trump? Or are they on the same level? Was Trump ever good? How were the economy and security (inside and outside the US) with them both? Would've Bernie Sanders been a better president?

When I've read comments about Biden on social media, they've been mostly negative, so I'd like to see some opinions here.

I strongly dislike both Trump and Biden (although, I was very happy when Biden won). I was really disappointed in Biden after everything what has happened in Palestine/Gaza. I do have to admit that maybe the only thing I like about Biden is that he has voiced support for the LGBTQ+ community and POC (although I don't know if he sincerely supports them), also he has supported Ukraine a lot during the war and has tried to secure Europe as much as possible (in case there is a war). But about Trump...never liked him nor his politics. He created bad chaos everywhere. He did give sometimes funny meme moments with his behaviour but that's it. 

I really liked Obama though, I loved his vibe. He didn't seem too arrogant, he seemed to talk a lot with the public as well. But I was too young then to understand his politics, so I can't comment on that though. What were your thoughts on Obama?

Also, what are your thoughts that very old people (Trump's nearly 80, Biden's already 80+) are running for president? Would you like to see a young president?

I know a lot of people will disagree with parts of this, probably, so read at your own risk.

1. Biden isn't a great president and most liberals never believed he would be. He was just a scapegoat for us to get Trump out. We voted for him to get rid of Trump and we'll do it again this election. Nobody truly expected him to be good at anything and he hasn't really been. His foreign policy isn't great, but neither was Trump's. Trump's economy was only good after Obama fixed it from Bush's admin running the economy into the ground until Covid. Covid fucked the economy on a world level so we can't truly blame Trump or Biden, being 100% honest. As much as I'd like to blame Trump, that's the truth. I will give some examples to what Trump did that did effect the US economy though.

a. Trump gave out free money to people and businesses when they needed it and Biden liked the idea, so Biden did it two times after Trump did. People were begging Trump for more because it was only $1200 per person and $1200 doesn't go far in America, believe it or not.

b. Trump influenced the oil sector by begging them to close down/shut down during covid. Whether he admits it or not, I believe he did this to drive the price of fuel up because either he has personal investments made in oil/fuel and he's selfish or he did this to try to ruin the economy before Biden won in an attempt to fool people into believing his admin kept the economy in a good position. This is provable that he did this, he tweeted about it during 2020.

c. Trump's admin was the most expensive in American history - we went into more debt during his admin than any president before him.

2. Biden's national security is a joke. They're fighting about Tiktok and data, meanwhile Facebook, Google/YouTube, Twitter, Reddit, Netflix, Hulu/Disney, utility companies, Amazon, and everything else people use sell our data on the pennies. They sell our data and it's not a problem. Why should I care about my data being sold in China - it isn't like my data is very interesting anyway. China has allegedly been sending "weather balloons" over across the US for whatever reason at least since Trump's admin and nobody knew. When it happened last year and we noticed, we did nothing about it. We never sent a message by doing it back. In fact, we let it happen again twice this year already. At the southern boarder, there's issues with immigration and people coming into the country illegally. People won't like this part of my post because it is illegal. "But we came here illegally too and stole land so why don't we let them come?!?!" They're right in part of that. We did steal land and we were foreign here once too, but a lot of people didn't come here by choice, but were forced to come here either due to being prisoners/debtors or by slavery. But reality is, we can't just let people come into the country without any checks. That's how you have 9/11s happening or other terrorist attacks. Be so fucking for real. Not everyone trying to come into the US is a 'terrorist' but you'd never know because any terrorist could look like anyone else and we already have enough domestic terrorists in the US as it is. There's a way to go about it, bumrushing the boarder ain't it fam.

3. Gaza. Oh boy, let's talk about it, I guess, and get it out of the way. Israel is truly the only US ally in the middle east and is a nuclear power. The dangerous thing about this is if we turn our backs on Israel and they get taken over either by Iran or any other middle eastern country that doesn't like the US and our allies, there's no way in knowing if they'd use those nukes against us. The situation in Gaza fucking sucks, but it's pretty much a necessary evil from our side. Supporting Israel is a national security situation. And I get it, they need to held accountable. Sure, I get that. But Hamas shouldn't be attacking in the first place to start things and use Palestinians as a device of "woe is me". Don't start shit you can't finish. The US has been learning that since Vietnam. On the other hand, deductive reasoning suggests that the conflict there since October started due to Russia and Iran stirring the pot to try and make up a proxy war the US would need to get involved in to deter our support of Ukraine. I'm not being an Israel simp, just being a realist here. I don't like what's going on to the people of Gaza either, but Israel's gonna do what they want and we can't just sit around being mad about it all day and focusing on it all the time. I have too many things to worry about (and feel the same way about Ukraine too.)

4. Obama... wasn't great either. He helped fix the economy when it was in it's lowest point since the great depression, but he also started taxing people who couldn't afford health insurance. It's something I'll never forgive his 8 years in office for because it fucked me when I was 18 and couldn't get insurance and didn't have parents to support me (I'd been on my own since I was 16, truthfully.)

5. Ukraine is a situation that we should be helping with in some ways, but not as much as we are. At this point, we need to make a decision - let go and let them handle their business themselves or finish it ourselves. I'm tired of supporting other countries when I can't buy a box of cereal for cheaper than $5. I get that there's more involved to it than us sending money to Ukraine, but the money isn't free and it doesn't come from nowhere. Europe shouldn't be something we're involved with unless it's part of our allied nations (NATO). That doesn't mean I want Russia to win, but at some point, we need to make a choice. My rent is too high to be concerned with Ukraine or Israel for that matter. Unfortunately, we also support Israel's free healthcare system and we don't do it here. It makes no fucking sense.

6. Old people have no space in politics. They shouldn't be anywhere near elections. There needs to be an age cap on Congress, the President, and SCOTUS but people aren't ready to get that legislation passed. There should also be a time limit on SCOTUS and a term limit for Congress, but for some reason, that's not happening either. Neither Biden nor Trump are equipped to run a country unless they're running it into the ground. It sucks, but they're the only 2 options we have and we can't allow Trump to win again. Trump is too dangerous. If Biden wins, he might resign during his second presidency and let Kamala take over (who I also fucking hate bc she was a prosecutor who put people away, namely black men in a majority, for merely possessing weed.)

In a nutshell, TL;DR, I'm conflicted. The liberal part of me and conservative part of me are both disappointed on both ends.

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I despise Trump, but its also about the people that are drawn to him...
Seemingly every racist, every neo-nazi, every anti-gay rights asshole, those that are anti education/anti books, those that hate women, hate the poor, hate anything that improves anyone's life.

Not everyone who chooses to vote for him is racist or anti-gay, but those that are flock to him. 

10 hours ago, cherryzandwine said:

loki kinda happy that tiktoks getting band i feel like all of our lives revolve around it and we all need to touch grass more

Plus the misinformation that gets spread on there, but I guess that could be any platform. :nails:

1 hour ago, Aeryx said:

Plus the misinformation that gets spread on there, but I guess that could be any platform. :nails:

this has been a problem amongst twitter and facebook and youtube and insta for YEARS at this point. 

all of which also sell our data and leak out privacy for a few cents. let's not pretend this is new 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole