Jump to content
SinclairKills23

Trump/Biden 2024 Rematch — TikTok ban

Recommended Posts

I have no idea if there is a thread already about this, but kinda want to start one just to see other people’s thoughts regarding both Trump and Biden being the final 2 choices for the 2024 election as well as the ban of Tik Tok coming very close to happening. Talk away!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Banning TikTok is stupid as fuck. They say the Communist Party of China is spying on people but WHY THE FUCK would they be spying on unimportant people? Are they trying to steal all our nation's rizz or something?

 

 

As far as Trump v Biden goes, I hate them both and wanna vote for Cornel West.


giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My thoughts: It is INSANELY idiotic to focus on an app when we have trans people being stripped away from their rights, school shootings rising, attempting to ban drag shows, some states denying access to abortion, a literal war going on with thousands of injured people. 
Tik Tok does actually have positive sides to it, but no one wants to actually see the good. Also, why do the representatives honestly think the owners of that app will hand over the rights like that’s so laughable cos it’s so stupid. 
 

As for the election, both options SUCK. I’m not even going to bother voting in this election. Biden has done APPALLINGLY in his 4 years, not stopping some of these bans and not helping Palestine. Trump would just make everything worse, granted Biden would as well. So, I think this country is doomed. I’m sorry to say it. Our rights are gonna be stripped away from us. Women’s rights, gay rights, trans rights. I have no hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People thinking bytedance wont sell, at least part of, the company in order to continue operations is the funniest part. They definitely will. TikTok is not going anywhere, and these corporations who sew dissent and polarization will continue to divide people, confuse old ass politicians, and make record breaking profits. All while destroying society. (:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of all the things the U.S is worrying about they chose TikTok and not school shootings, gun violence, drug abuse, homelessness, discrimination/ racism, war, and all the millions of other things wrong with the country :brigitte:


𝓟𝓾𝓽 𝓶𝓮 𝓸𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓫𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝓶𝓸𝓽𝓸𝓻𝓬𝔂𝓬𝓵𝓮

𝓕𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓫𝓪𝓫𝔂 𝓭𝓸𝓵𝓵 𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓶𝔂 '𝓘 𝓭𝓸' 

𝓘𝓽 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓼 𝓽𝔀𝓸 𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼 𝓽𝓸 𝓝𝓮𝓿𝓪𝓭𝓪

⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, baddisease said:

 They say the Communist Party of China is spying on people but WHY THE FUCK would they be spying on unimportant people? 

 

That's actually a big thing, if you're interested in this, check out information about Sesame Credit and Alibaba company. Not saying that's why it makes sense to forbid it, as there are lots of other ways to spy, but you can be sure this data is interesting for them (especially from Chinese people living abroad, too) - and for many other countries. 


It was expensive watch it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, baddisease said:

Banning TikTok is stupid as fuck. They say the Communist Party of China is spying on people but WHY THE FUCK would they be spying on unimportant people? Are they trying to steal all our nation's rizz or something?

i mean, they are, but so is america, that's why its funny lol


giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, twinkletoes7 said:

i mean, they are, but so is america, that's why its funny lol

 

Very true, although I (German) always prefer my data in US hands if I have to decide. At least as long as the US remain a democratic state, lol. 


It was expensive watch it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Daytona Beach Sparkler said:

Out of all the things the U.S is worrying about they chose TikTok and not school shootings, gun violence, drug abuse, homelessness, discrimination/ racism, war, and all the millions of other things wrong with the country :brigitte:

You hit the nail right on the head! 👏 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just think it’s “funny” how one of the largest nations on earth seem to only have two different political parties to choose between, and their candidates have to campaign for who they are and not as a representative of the party. Like. How can there only be two relevant parties after all these years? Maybe I’m just dumb, I don’t really know much about US politics I guess.


48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

biden and trump AGAIN... :brigitte: we are literally so doomed :eartha2:

 

also, i have to agree that banning tiktok instead of focusing on literally other issue going on in america right now is foolish and ultimately isn't really helping anybody, and i say that as somebody who strongly dislikes tiktok, we should be taking care of much more important matters, such as gun violence, the housing crisis, etc.


Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SinclairKills23 said:

As for the election, both options SUCK. I’m not even going to bother voting in this election. Biden has done APPALLINGLY in his 4 years, not stopping some of these bans and not helping Palestine. Trump would just make everything worse, granted Biden would as well. So, I think this country is doomed. I’m sorry to say it. Our rights are gonna be stripped away from us. Women’s rights, gay rights, trans rights. I have no hope.

 

tbh I have a theory that the Democratic Party purposely loses on subjects that would rile people up.

 

They had opportunities to codify Roe but didn't, instead using the threat of Roe being overturned to get people to vote. Same can be seen with LGBTQ rights, labor rights, etc.

 

It's how they raise money, by allowing Republicans to get their way while using the threat of their tyranny to make it look like Dems will do something to stop it


giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, baddisease said:

 

tbh I have a theory that the Democratic Party purposely loses on subjects that would rile people up.

 

They had opportunities to codify Roe but didn't, instead using the threat of Roe being overturned to get people to vote. Same can be seen with LGBTQ rights, labor rights, etc.

 

It's how they raise money, by allowing Republicans to get their way while using the threat of their tyranny to make it look like Dems will do something to stop it

THIS!! 👆 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Daytona Beach Sparkler said:

Out of all the things the U.S is worrying about they chose TikTok and not school shootings, gun violence, drug abuse, homelessness, discrimination/ racism, war, and all the millions of other things wrong with the country :brigitte:

Exactly! Conversations about TikTok are useful to distract the masses away from actual serious issues. 
 

As for the Biden/Trump situation; two old white privileged men… again! That’s not democracy, it’s an illusion of democracy. 


                                                                                                                             giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As an European, I have always wanted to ask these questions from Americans:

What are your thoughts on president Biden's politics? Like from the beginning. Is he a great president or not? Better or worse than Trump? Or are they on the same level? Was Trump ever good? How were the economy and security (inside and outside the US) with them both? Would've Bernie Sanders been a better president?

 

When I've read comments about Biden on social media, they've been mostly negative, so I'd like to see some opinions here.

 

I strongly dislike both Trump and Biden (although, I was very happy when Biden won). I was really disappointed in Biden after everything what has happened in Palestine/Gaza. I do have to admit that maybe the only thing I like about Biden is that he has voiced support for the LGBTQ+ community and POC (although I don't know if he sincerely supports them), also he has supported Ukraine a lot during the war and has tried to secure Europe as much as possible (in case there is a war). But about Trump...never liked him nor his politics. He created bad chaos everywhere. He did give sometimes funny meme moments with his behaviour but that's it. 

 

I really liked Obama though, I loved his vibe. He didn't seem too arrogant, he seemed to talk a lot with the public as well. But I was too young then to understand his politics, so I can't comment on that though. What were your thoughts on Obama?

 

Also, what are your thoughts that very old people (Trump's nearly 80, Biden's already 80+) are running for president? Would you like to see a young president?


url%5D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

every accusation is a confession. everything American politicians claim TikTok does is what Google, Facebook, etc. do. If TikTok is banned because of the CPC, can the rest of the world ban America's cultural colonialist apps and social media?


giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 minutes ago, Embach said:

As an European, I have always wanted to ask these questions from Americans:

What are your thoughts on president Biden's politics? Like from the beginning. Is he a great president or not? Better or worse than Trump? Or are they on the same level? Was Trump ever good? How were the economy and security (inside and outside the US) with them both? Would've Bernie Sanders been a better president?

 

When I've read comments about Biden on social media, they've been mostly negative, so I'd like to see some opinions here.

 

I strongly dislike both Trump and Biden (although, I was very happy when Biden won). I was really disappointed in Biden after everything what has happened in Palestine/Gaza. I do have to admit that maybe the only thing I like about Biden is that he has voiced support for the LGBTQ+ community and POC (although I don't know if he sincerely supports them), also he has supported Ukraine a lot during the war and has tried to secure Europe as much as possible (in case there is a war). But about Trump...never liked him nor his politics. He created bad chaos everywhere. He did give sometimes funny meme moments with his behaviour but that's it. 

 

I really liked Obama though, I loved his vibe. He didn't seem too arrogant, he seemed to talk a lot with the public as well. But I was too young then to understand his politics, so I can't comment on that though. What were your thoughts on Obama?

 

Also, what are your thoughts that very old people (Trump's nearly 80, Biden's already 80+) are running for president? Would you like to see a young president?


the problem is, it doesn’t matter who’s president. The administration behind the scenes all get along and do whatever they want. The branches of government are going to basically run the same regardless of who is president. 
 

Neither Trump nor Biden really do/did anything other than be a figurehead (and just barely, Biden can barely form a complete sentence and Trump is just as bad)

 

Trump’s presidency wasn’t a shock because after the 8 years of Obama the racists who were always here were riled up and had someone feeding into it. The Trump years really stripped back all sense of decency we thought existed here in America. That is more of a culture issue than a Trump issue though, these people were always here in America they just were more silent. I remember in 2008 a conservative Facebook page posted a ‘meme’ about how we needed to lynch the president, so seeing all of these people show their true face didn’t shock me. 
 

Truthfully, life under Trump wasn’t as bad as it’s painted to be.


Life post Trump has been worse because people are getting more and more nasty, and Trump’s Supreme Court picks are really starting to pluck away at rights.


"Don’t forget me"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...