Sign in to follow this  
Elle

Explanation & Temporary Solution for those having problems liking posts, inserting images, following members, etc.

Hey people, how can you like again, what did you do? I still can't like posts :poordat:

url%5D

So... is there a solution for mobile yet? I've been having the "likes" problem for months now.

I know there's a way to change the settings on the browser in a laptop and it works but I can't find anything in the mobile chrome app :icant:

I'll try from another mobile browser and update :creepna2:

giphy.gif

On 6/1/2024 at 9:51 PM, Elle said:

Hello… is it working now… pls say yes… x

So I was in "unpopular lana opinions" and tried to like a post. It didn't work (usual error message). The thread annotates the url in the browser field "[white x on red background] not secure" in red font. On this thread it's got the usual black font [! in triangle] not secure" for the url text field, and I COULD like Elle's post, the one I quoted. So I'm wondering if this can like/can't like thing is thread dependent. Or maybe the particular pop up add that occurs does something the browser can't stomach. I'm using Chrome and followed the advice of the past fix, which worked fine for a good while.

update edit:
Yeah, this is some weird shit. Not only was it thread-dependent, but page within-thread dependent. It seems dependent on how I access the link. There seems to be enough work arounds (for me) that this is a non-issue, given I've applied the recommended fix.

On 6/7/2024 at 4:51 PM, slang said:

So I was in "unpopular lana opinions" and tried to like a post. It didn't work (usual error message). The thread annotates the url in the browser field "[white x on red background] not secure" in red font. On this thread it's got the usual black font [! in triangle] not secure" for the url text field, and I COULD like Elle's post, the one I quoted. So I'm wondering if this can like/can't like thing is thread dependent. Or maybe the particular pop up add that occurs does something the browser can't stomach. I'm using Chrome and followed the advice of the past fix, which worked fine for a good while.

update edit:
Yeah, this is some weird shit. Not only was it thread-dependent, but page within-thread dependent. It seems dependent on how I access the link. There seems to be enough work arounds (for me) that this is a non-issue, given I've applied the recommended fix.

I'm having the same issue except I can't like posts anywhere on the site on my macbook, even having tried to recommended fix at the start of the thread

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

I’ve just been using Firefox as a browser on both desktop and mobile since like September last year because of this issue, however there’s no telling how long until Firefox also updates their security policies and blocks misconfigured https :(

2 hours ago, Cherry Blossom said:

I'm having the same issue except I can't like posts anywhere on the site on my macbook, even having tried to recommended fix at the start of the thread

Well that would be distressing if you're using Chrome.

My post pertains to the fact that even with things (e.g., liking) working most times and places, there's still "pockets", where things don't work, but they were small pockets (and transient?). The tell for this (on windows 10 PC) is in the URL field of the browser: instead of "not secure" warning (black-font, "!" in a triangle), where things works; it's a "not secure" warning in red font (white x on red background pre-posed), where liking won't work. The thing that causes me problems (I think) is using a word-processing app that allows me to launch the browser at a URL (e.g. a lanaboards post) in some of its text documents.