barttttender

The one LDR Producer you want back?

Okay, here we go! Who's the one genius behind Lana's records you'd pick to produce LDR11 and why? 

For me, I'm a huge fan of Jack, the man who has ushered Lana into her most critically acclaimed era with NFR and beyond. Songs like Venice Bitch, Ocean Boulevard, The greatest and others are top of her discography worthy, (by all accounts, not just mine). Kudos to Rick N., too, for contributing to her early success and producing some of her most iconic songs like Young and Beautiful, and later Summer Bummer, etc.. Special shoutout to R. Ruben, too, for producing one of my favorite songs ever (Ride).

All that being said, my pick would still be Emile H. Basically, if you look at things with full transparency, this guy MADE Lana. BTD is the longest charting debut album by a female not just because of the great songwriting of BTD,  but also the unique blend of hip-hop and 50s Americana that he's conjured that hasn't really been recaptured since, not just with Lana but elsewhere, too. By producing Born to Die, American, Gods and Monsters, Blue Jeans, Burning Desire, Off to the Races, National Anthem, Love and others, he's been the only producer who's successfully found a radio-friendly, pop framework for Lana's art. And, let's face it, most of her bops are his work.

Now, of course, I wouldn't want Lana and Emile to go back to the studio and try to produce BTD 2. But I do think whatever they cook up, it would be far more interesting and fresh than some of Jack's recent output with Lana or Taylor. Yep, Emile is the one I reckon she should go back to.

Who's your pick? I'm expecting a landslide of Dan A. votes here. 😂

16 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

Auerbach. Hands down. No contest. End of thread

I can't say I didn't see this coming. :illumilana2:

I wouldn't mind Auerbach, as long as he cooks up another masterpiece like West Coast (top 4 Lana songs of all time).

I wonder if she's still in touch with him, Hayne and others. Hopefully, she didn't burn those bridges.  

56 minutes ago, barttttender said:

For me, I'm a huge fan of Jack, the man who has ushered Lana into her most critically acclaimed era with NFR and beyond. Songs like Venice Bitch, Ocean Boulevard, The greatest and others are top of her discography worthy, (by all accounts, not just mine).

Fully agree, he was my first thought when I saw your question. I totally love his work, both with Lana and Taylor. I really hope to hear his work on LASSO, too. Besides, I would love to hear Lana doing something like the first half of the current Bleachers album. No idea how this could sound, but something tells me it could be cool. Could be like a more mature version of born to die. 

56 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Special shoutout to R. Ruben, too, for producing one of my favorite songs ever (Ride).

. 😂

So true ❤️ Wouldn't mind more songs like Ride. I never really looked into it's credits though - is this Rick Rubin, who also worked with Kid Rock so much? 

It was expensive watch it 

Whoever Put crack in UV and OB Needs to Stay

NFR was a once in a lifetime Thing for Jack. I don't Like Most of His productions.

Mfhp.gif

32 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Didn't he only produce on Black Beauty tho?

exactly and i think it’s already a solid reason:true:plus pink champagne 

but i feel like his potential is huge for her and that he could bring something absolutely fresh into her work

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

36 minutes ago, Olympia said:

Fully agree, he was my first thought when I saw your question. I totally love his work, both with Lana and Taylor. I really hope to hear his work on LASSO, too. Besides, I would love to hear Lana doing something like the first half of the current Bleachers album. No idea how this could sound, but something tells me it could be cool. Could be like a more mature version of born to die. 

So true ❤️ Wouldn't mind more songs like Ride. I never really looked into it's credits though - is this Rick Rubin, who also worked with Kid Rock so much? 

Think Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Rage Against the Machine, The Strokes, Kanye, etc. He's an absolute legend. 

1 hour ago, lanaismamom said:

exactly and i think it’s already a solid reason:true:plus pink champagne 

but i feel like his potential is huge for her and that he could bring something absolutely fresh into her work

Ahaha okay. Hopefully, she brings him back for at least a song or two, if you like him that much. :kiss3: