Quincy

Boston, MA @ Fenway Park: June 20th, 2024

reddit comments about people’s experience: 

Spoiler

IMG-3709.jpg

IMG-3710.jpg

IMG-3708.jpg

IMG-3712.jpg

lana took the best course of action regarding the circumstances, but so many people had a really bad experience. i feel like they should get a partial refund, esp since they didn’t get to have a full show (again not lana’s fault but it’s also not their fault either). someone suggested for her to play this saturday for free but that would be absolute chaos lol.

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

I have to say, not a single person I spoke to at the concert wanted the show to go on…..literally everyone was begging for it to be rescheduled. Yes it’s true there were people who came from out of state but there were far more people from New England. 

It’s annoying because when she posted the survey on her instagram it just seemed like a lot of people watching from their screens were voting 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

faSE.gif

I think the moral thing to do was to play a shortened show. At the same time, I literally feel so terrible for the people who left early, or got really ill, because of the circumstances we were in. A lot of people did pay A LOT of money to be there yesterday (including myself), and it wouldn’t have been fair to reschedule for sooo many reasons. I do wish the venue handled it better because my section was being screamed at to move up (even though we were covered from the rain) and there was literally no where for us to go because of all the people. We said this to security and we were still being yelled at! It was honestly insane. Overall I’m glad Lana was able to do what she could considering the chaos.

I was feeling all the feelings by the time I got back to my room last night, while also feeling apathetic at the same time?? 

so now that I’m dry, rested, and stable, I can explain my experience from yesterday:

first and foremost - we as a fanbase can be so amazing but also so icky to each other. Had great convos and vibes walking to the concert with people at my hotel. Then when I got to my seat, a group was taking my spot. I let them know I’d like to sit, but I get hit with a deadpan voice and stare “we’re just staying until the show starts.” Babes, let’s not play this game. A smirk, a wave, and a simple “come on” got the bbs out of my seat, but they spent the whole time prior to the show having to move and dodging security.. basically being nuisances. And don’t get me started on everything while we were in the tunnels! The majority of people were chill and making the best of it, but some people were just mean - either making fun of nearby fans or pushing/elbowing/screaming at fellow fans. I have never been to a concert where people were so mean to each other. 

Now onto the show itself. Her voice was BEAUTIFUL and she is one of the few artists I’ve seen who sounds better live! I wish we had more solo songs versus the guests, but I totally understand why they performed- out of respect. I personally don’t feel like Lana needs dancers. I wish it was just her and the band. 

I wish I had more to say on the show, but it went by SO QUICKLY bc of the curfew. My final verdict - it should have been postponed. I was shocked she chose to still perform with the time cutoff. I knowwwww people spent so much on this show (myself included), but I woke up today feeling disappointed. I have never felt this way after a show EVER. Even concerts I was dragged to I ended being like “I’m glad I went!” the next day. I feel sick knowing this is what I’m walking away with as my first (hopefully not last) Lana concert.  I do hope something is offered to us (a partial refund? A recording of the show? A free tee shirt 😅) but I won’t hold my breath honestly. Lana is a sweet person and her choice to perform/postpone would never please everyone, I understand. But I reallllly think the majority of us wanted it postponed (based on my crowd in the tunnel). But I couldn’t even vote in the poll bc there was no gd service 😭 ughhh maybe I’m not as emotionally stable today as I thought I was 

I really feel for all of you guys who had a mixed/bad experience. Concerts are amazing and among my favorite things in the world, but they're so damn vulnerable; rain can make things so so complicated and uncomfortable.

I can also imagine the loss of money this show has been for them. I read they have to pay for the curfew? And people are asking for partial refunds. 

Weather can be tough to predict as we know. No option is going to please everyone and any choice is going to piss off a lot of fans. 

The problem is the terms we agree to when buying tickets for shows, flights, etc. Unless you pay extra for insurance, you’re kind of screwed if something like this happens. 

Edit: I understand that partial shows aren’t covered by insurance or anything like that. At least I don’t think they are? :(

Hopefully she can schedule a few more dates around the country later this year, but the one special birthday show can’t be fully replaced. I feel for everyone, but can’t help but think we should be thankful we got any show at all last night.  

C9-EB944-D-53-AE-42-A7-A3-CE-EF6-DA48879

oh wow i didn’t think THAT many people wanted it to be rescheduled. last night, I made a generalization saying that a majority of people wanted for the show to go on, since some people in here were sharing stories like that one teacher from arkansas and just judging off what I heard in the livestreams. I wasn’t at the show, but maybe Lana should have rescheduled. She could’ve made an announcement at the show rather than an IG poll since a majority of the voters were from people who weren’t at the show. However I feel like it wouldn’t have mattered anyway because there’s also a chance for stormy weather tomorrow :trisha3: It’s sad that the Boston lipsters have been waiting for this show for a long time, only for it to be chaotic. I’m happy we got that new intro and that Tough performance tho!

i understand people prefering if she rescheduled but i think playing last night was the right thing to do, sooooo many people came in from out of state (and country!) for this it would have been awful if they weren't able to stay. there was really no winning bc even if it was moved to saturday we still would have been stuck in the stadium waiting out the rain for an hour and half for no reason. idk. 

♡ i'm a princess, i'm divisive 

Yeah, I think the only ways you completely cancel are if the lightning continues, the heavy rain doesn’t end or it’s otherwise too dangerous for the show to go on. If the curfew was later, maybe she could have actually done a full show?

Aside from fans who came all the way out there and waited all day, there’s probably pressure from the musical guests, promoters, etc. for it to go on too. At least she got a full hour in. 

11 minutes ago, cinnamon teeth said:

i understand people prefering if she rescheduled but i think playing last night was the right thing to do, sooooo many people came in from out of state (and country!) for this it would have been awful if they weren't able to stay. there was really no winning bc even if it was moved to saturday we still would have been stuck in the stadium waiting out the rain for an hour and half for no reason. idk. 

yeah it’s very easy for boston locals to be like 😡 she should’ve postponed! because they can just.. go home and drive right back

but the amount of people there who were not close to being boston locals at all? wasting all that money on travel and accommodations and then being expected to probably DOUBLE* that so they could come back saturday, if they were able at all? 

*and given it wouldve been rescheduled to a weekend, flights + hotels would’ve been MORE expensive if they came back 

Sure I was just watching from my phone but, the crowd seemed pretty excited the whole time. and she really didn’t cut much? like is anyone mourning arcadia and bartender that much 😭 

6 hours ago, Embach said:

That new song intro, holy shit. If it's on Lasso it's going to be my favorite song because this was something different. It was so ethereal, it sounds like a life experience :legend:

same, I keep replaying the snippet! I’m so excited for this era—it seems less stripped down and more a return to her more maximalist sound :raven:

2 minutes ago, brandon said:

Sure I was just watching from my phone but, the crowd seemed pretty  excited the whole time. and she really didn’t cut much? like is anyone mourning arcadia and bartender that much 😭 

People were checked out by the time the show started … even in the YouTube videos someone posted earlier … it’s not that loud. A lot of people were sitting and not even singing. And I was in section A turf!

again, it was a lose-lose situation all around. I selfishly wanted it to be postponed. And at the end of the day, I place much of this on the venue. Fenway crowd control was nonexistent and sounds like it was dangerous for many. I know medics rushed through my section once when we were sheltering, but it sounds like other sections had more hazards … that alone isn’t worth it. Without your health, what’s the point of any of this. I think that’s what my biggest gripe is looking back on it … that it was quite dangerous for a *long* period of time - over an hour. That’s on Fenway, not Lana and her team.

:dance3::yass::dance4:
𝓫𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝓽𝓸 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓽𝓸𝓹

𝓫𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝓽𝓸 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓫𝓪𝓼𝓲𝓬𝓼

𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓽𝓪𝓹𝓮

𝓵𝓪𝓴𝓮 𝓹𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓲𝓭, 𝓫𝓪𝓫𝔂

🎀     🎀     🎀     🎀

:grinds::dance::dance2:

the chorus is saying something like “that’s my [whole?] future I see in you… I see it all in you” right??

1 minute ago, ColdCashDivine said:

I think that’s what my biggest gripe is looking back on it … that it was quite dangerous for a *long* period of time - over an hour. That’s on Fenway, not Lana and her team.

Unfortunately, I think a lot of venues are like this. They just wing it and don’t seem to have effective safety protocols in place. 

When I saw her in Dallas last year and a severe storm came through, it was total chaos. They’re lucky the storm wasn’t any worse with hail and wind, because it was close to being a disaster. You’d think a city in tornado alley, or a professional ball park would have better plans in place for severe weather. 

It’s not like people didn’t see this coming. Sure, the average fan isn’t glued to a radar app or something before a show, but you’d think they could afford to have one qualified person keeping an eye on the weather.

It sounds like they scrambled last second when the storm was closing in, but it was pretty clear with 60-90 minutes lead time that it was going to storm pretty bad. 

Do they just hope for the best and wait for the worst? Just weird. 

5 minutes ago, yourolllikethunder said:

:dance3::yass::dance4:
𝓫𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝓽𝓸 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓽𝓸𝓹

𝓫𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝓽𝓸 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓫𝓪𝓼𝓲𝓬𝓼

𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓽𝓪𝓹𝓮

𝓵𝓪𝓴𝓮 𝓹𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓲𝓭, 𝓫𝓪𝓫𝔂

🎀     🎀     🎀     🎀

:grinds::dance::dance2:

the chorus is saying something like “that’s my [whole?] future I see in you… I see it all in you” right??

i think it’s either..

its my future (that?) i see in you 

or

past present future i see in you 

(the I See In You is practically confirmed because we can see alex lip sync to it in one of the vids, but besides that, hard to tell 😭)

1 hour ago, cherrytropico said:

reddit comments about people’s experience: 

Hide contents

IMG-3709.jpg

IMG-3710.jpg

IMG-3708.jpg

IMG-3712.jpg

lana took the best course of action regarding the circumstances, but so many people had a really bad experience. i feel like they should get a partial refund, esp since they didn’t get to have a full show (again not lana’s fault but it’s also not their fault either). someone suggested for her to play this saturday for free but that would be absolute chaos lol.

their comment about people on floor not singing most songs kind of gagged me because in maryland EVERY song people were singing very loudly… wow!

(but dont take me too seriously) :daydream:

JANELLE MONAE • WEYES BLOOD • ETHEL CAIN • MITSKI • BOYGENIUS • LUCY DACUS • PHOEBE BRIDGERS • CHAPPELL ROAN • TAYLOR SWIFT • THE LAST DINNER PARTY

i'm sitting in the airport for 6 hours so here is a timeline of The Great Lana Fenway Rain Storm Extravaganza 2024 for the lipster history books :typewriter: 

Spoiler

8:35 pm - stadium employee comes out to let us know we need to move inside and the show is delayed due to weather, they hope to start in 30 minutes, at this point it wasn't even raining yet 

f31okOB.jpeg

8:47 pm - it begins downpouring as we are trying to move inside, security is yelling at people to move even though there is literally nowhere to go 

9:20 pm - it's still raining!!!!!! security is still yelling!!!!!!!! everyone is either in the stands or inside the venue

ML4dEa5.jpeg

9:35 pm - lana posts on ig saying every time it lightnings we have to wait 20 minutes, they were hoping to be able to go on by 10. she says worst case scenario the show will be postponed to saturday. at this point we are so over!!!!!!! 

9:51 pm - it stopped raining at least but no updates 

YMvFOqh.jpeg

9:58 pm - they let us down the stands but we aren't allowed back on the ground yet, the floor is a slip n slide 

PsbNJEr.jpeg

10:02 pm - back on the floor and show will start in 30 min :oprah4:

efc98ks.jpeg

a7Tb81C.jpeg

10:32 pm - SHE'S HERE :thankyou:

B3RuL7F.jpeg

11:42 pm - show over, happy bday lana :smile4:

Bjjrihb.jpeg

♡ i'm a princess, i'm divisive 

I feel absolutely sorry for everyone, for fans, Lana and her team. I think there was absolute no „right way“ to solve this, because someone surely would leave unhappy. I still think she made the best decision possible. While rescheduling sounds nice I don’t think it’s as easy in theory, especially at such a big venue and considering all the guest acts and their individual schedules.
It would be nice if her team came up with at least a small compensation (like maybe even some voucher for her shop at least or something). 

1 minute ago, Quincy said:

Unfortunately, I think a lot of venues are like this. They just wing it and don’t seem to have effective safety protocols in place. 

When I saw her in Dallas last year and a severe storm came through, it was total chaos. They’re lucky the storm wasn’t any worse with hail and wind, because it was close to being a disaster. You’d think a city in tornado alley, or a professional ball park would have better plans in place for severe weather. 

It’s not like people didn’t see this coming. Sure, the average fan isn’t glued to a radar app or something before a show, but you’d think they could afford to have one qualified person keeping an eye on the weather.

It sounds like they scrambled last second when the storm was closing in, but it was pretty clear with 60-90 minutes lead time that it was going to storm pretty bad. 

Do they just hope for the best and wait for the worst? Just weird. 

Honestly I think they do hope for the best and wait for the worst 😅 

I saw Beyonce in DC last year and that was just as bad as last night! The only consolation was we got the full Beyonce experience after. I think that’s the disconnect in my brain after last night. Not only did it get postponed under dangerous conditions, the show wasn’t “complete.” Not saying she owed us a full show, just trying to explain why many of us at the show last night feel the way we do. Between my experience with Bey, and hearing how Taylor played full shows after delays, I think a lot of people (including myself) are playing a (potentially unfair) comparison game.