Quincy

Boston, MA @ Fenway Park: June 20th, 2024

also… after watching the videos and seeing just how many girls she has on stage, in the pool, on the poles, it just has me thinking to when it was literally just her, alex, and ashley up there back in 2016 :flutter: oh how far she’s come 

27 minutes ago, brandon said:

yeah it’s very easy for boston locals to be like 😡 she should’ve postponed! because they can just.. go home and drive right back

but the amount of people there who were not close to being boston locals at all? wasting all that money on travel and accommodations and then being expected to probably DOUBLE* that so they could come back saturday, if they were able at all? 

*and given it wouldve been rescheduled to a weekend, flights + hotels would’ve been MORE expensive if they came back 

Sure I was just watching from my phone but, the crowd seemed pretty excited the whole time. and she really didn’t cut much? like is anyone mourning arcadia and bartender that much 😭 

exactly about the people who live in boston like maybe i'm just biased since i traveled for this but i don't think that would have been a good solution :um3: and everyone seemed very excited i don't know where that complaint is coming from (if people weren't singing or something i don't think it's bc they were over it, i think it's bc they were, for lack of better word, locals :tsk:)

♡ i'm a princess, i'm divisive 

I am home safe and it is morning. I will share my experience of my Twilight Zone to Hell show! (Don't worry, I enjoyed the show but had a number of setbacks)

I had seen Lana in Boston 10 years ago at the House of Blues which is right across from Fenway. That show was very draining! Waiting on line all day and then being on the floor for hours standing in the same spot battling with other rabid fans I said I am too old to see her without a seat. (I was in my late 50's then, late 60's now) Fast forward to yesterday. I had a Turf seat in section B4. Everything was great until the weather delay. We were all herded inside and everyone standing around on top of each other I thought I am in hell. I already went through this 10 years ago! I think we were in there for 30 minutes but the show must go on. The show was great but obviously condensed. Lana looked fantastic! The audience sang a lot and sometimes it was hard to hear her vocals. She sat for There's a Tunnel and her voice was exceptional. I was unfamiliar with all the guests but what outstanding voices.  Quavo and Lana had quite the presence. The audience response was great for the whole show but there was clearly fatigue. When the show ended with Video Games Lana walked down to the pit lots of people were getting up to leave. Just tired. She kind of hung around the stage and we sang Happy Birthday which she seemed genuinely moved by. There is more I could say about the show but for now overall it was great.

So the show was over and I made it back to my car. Unfortunately it was so close to Fenway that traffic didn't move at all. It took me 50 minutes just to get out of the garage! Unbelievable. Then I was using Waze to get me back to the highway. I screwed up and made a left before I was supposed and got routed right back to Fenway. Suddenly I was  back in heavy traffic and on my left was Fenway and the exit I had come out of. I almost had a breakdown. I am going to be sucked back to fucking Fenway for eternity driving round and round. I made a right turn and was right back to the parking garage I just left. That whole round trip was only 10 minutes but mentally I was losing it. It was now after 1:00 am. I paid more attention to Waze and made it home safe and sound. I feel for those in the pit who may have lost spots. Glad we all survived. :eek2:

After waiting yesterday since 6 am to not get barricade at all and a shortened show is definitely… a lot. I flew in from out of state, waited in the hot sun ultimately for security to let anyone and everyone through the pit gates on two separate occasions.

Fenway is lucky there wasn’t a stampede when they allowed people back on the floor, it was really dangerous.

Overall it was a great show and I don’t regret going necessarily but I can’t deny how frustrating it is for people like myself who traveled from far away and endured 100 degree weather to see her :/

hyz6.gif

20 minutes ago, cinnamon teeth said:

exactly about the people who live in boston like maybe i'm just biased since i traveled for this but i don't think that would have been a good solution :um3: and everyone seemed very excited i don't know where that complaint is coming from (if people weren't singing or something i don't think it's bc they were over it, i think it's bc they were, for lack of better word, locals :tsk:)

lol I think that’s what we all mean when we say not everyone will be happy - you are, us new Englanders not so much :stareney:

time for my review :typewriter:

i think i just got really lucky in terms of some of the choices i made. deciding not to camp and just chill in the back really saved me bc if i camped for barricade and then had to leave like that i would have actually lost it respectfully xx for me this experience was really a lesson to think about the variables before committing to camping for an outdoors show like that. i also was luckily able to walk to my hotel so getting out and back was not an issue at all. 

now fenway...i'm not sure how often they host concerts there but it doesn't seem like they quite know how to work with concert crowds :oopna2: i know there's no way situations like these are going to be handled perfectly but the staff were sooo rude (and tbf some of the fans were too) trying to get people to move, there was a point where one lady was literally just screaming in my ear for people to move up when there was absolutely no where to go. ALSO one of the most baffling things to me last night was that in the 100 degree heat there was no free water???? they were literally still trying to sell water in the stands as we were sheltered from the storm. like please get it together there is absolutely no excuse for that. 

there was also a lot of confusion about the start time, i asked an employee directly and he didn't even know. it was advertised as a 7:30 start time, but was actually 8:30, 7:30 would have been the normal start time if there had been an opener. this is also fenway's problem imo, they fully knew the show was starting at 8:30 as it was listed on the employee schedules so idk why they weren't letting that be public knowledge it was weird. i've seen a lot of people complaining about this online acting like lana was late when 8:30 was the planned start time all along. 

overall i still had a great time and lana was perfect, i just think this venue is messy and the storm of course was not ideal :agree:

9 minutes ago, cinnamon teeth said:

ALSO one of the most baffling things to me last night was that in the 100 degree heat there was no free water???? they were literally still trying to sell water in the stands as we were sheltered from the storm. like please get it together there is absolutely no excuse for that. 

This. I had such an issue with this as well. I’ve been to concerts in Toronto where security would pour water into cups and hand them out to people when the heat was too much - I can’t believe they didn’t think to do this, especially with the delay. It was also near impossible to move around on the concourse so even trying to physically go buy water was difficult. Also most of the stands had literal empty fridges with no drinks left. I settled for a very flat, warm Diet Coke.:toofunny:

Just now, lizzyschemtrails said:

This. I had such an issue with this as well. I’ve been to concerts in Toronto where security would pour water into cups and hand them out to people when the heat was too much - I can’t believe they didn’t think to do this, especially with the delay.

when i saw the guy walk down the stairs while we were waiting during the rain i thought he was going to just start passing them out and then he started yelling to try and sell them :lanasrs: like read the room girl

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C8ejV92xqVU/?igsh=MTZ2N2NtZm1tbmNuaA==
my reel. It was a mess but my fiancé and I made the best of it. We tried to help people cool down with fans we had but a lot of people were dropping like flies when we were all cramped together.Everyone was upset it was short and while i can agree to an extent i was just happy to see her again 

On a lighter note. When I got back to my seat as I was sitting down a woman standing in front of me said, " Nooo." The seats are slightly shaped and after the rain they are not just wet there is a pool of water in the seat. I could only laugh as this is all part of the package. Every other person that came back I warned them to clear their seat first. Just doing my part.

35 minutes ago, FredRed said:

On a lighter note. When I got back to my seat as I was sitting down a woman standing in front of me said, " Nooo." The seats are slightly shaped and after the rain they are not just wet there is a pool of water in the seat. I could only laugh as this is all part of the package. Every other person that came back I warned them to clear their seat first. Just doing my part.

Am sorry. I watched the show on my cell phone on Rob's live stream. I'm in my early 20s, but I'm tired enough that minutes before the show starts and I see photos of the storm I only think "those seats are going to be all wet and impossible to sit in". I respect Lana, but I need a few minutes to rest too.

Furthermore, forget these little details and the circles you made on the way out, not only because you thought it could be worse, but because you thought you actually witnessed something incredible - an anniversary show and not canceled even after a chaotic moment.

The show went about as well as it could have, given the circumstances. While I'm only a train ride away from Boston, I was glad that Lana ended up performing an abridged version of the setlist, because a lot of people had traveled quite far and were not able to update their accommodations for a Saturday show. I had seats on the turf section, and when we went to take shelter under the bleachers, I did not think she would be able to perform, so when it was announced that the show was still on, I feel like nit-picky grievances went out of the window for me.

Some of the more lackluster songs on the setlist were skipped, which was nice, and she seemed to be to be much less reliant on the backtrack, compared to the last time I saw her at Jones Beach.

Hope everyone made it back safely!

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

2 hours ago, cinnamon teeth said:

ALSO one of the most baffling things to me last night was that in the 100 degree heat there was no free water???? they were literally still trying to sell water in the stands as we were sheltered from the storm. like please get it together there is absolutely no excuse for that. 

im not trying to defend the stadium at all because it was ass backwards but the entire show they gave pit free water bottles. as well as when camping every couple hours they’d bring us ice cold cases of water as well. they just prob don’t have enough for the whole venue to get for free, sadly

Of course I am a little bummed I didn't get to meet Lana or get my vinyl signed, but I did get to meet Rob and Lana waved at me, so I'll take it. Makes me feel better that most of the people who did meet her found her at her hotel, which is probably a little too intrusive for me lol. Kind of a whirlwind of a day/night with all the delay stuff, and I really really hope she comes back at some point for a 2-hour show, but overall such a fun experience :party:

wVMbox6.png

giphy.gif

Welp… I still have a few hours before my flight back to Toronto! Last night was such a chaotic and memorable, but also amazing, experience. I got back to my hotel after the concert and felt very weird - I think someone else in this thread used the word apathetic, and I would say it’s the most accurate word to describe how I was feeling. After sleeping it off I woke up feeling better, and so so happy I was able to see her live for the first time in 6 years. I have so much love for Lana that I was able to look back on yesterday as a moment I’ll be forever grateful for.:wub: