rocknrollgroupie

Lana Del Rey and Quavo “Tough” - OUT NOW!

Billboard Charts are out, it did not make it to the top 10 but are there any info about other charting?

EDIT! I found more information - Tough charted 25 in Billboard's Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles: https://www.billboard.com/artist/lana-del-rey/chart-history/hbu/

2.gif

4 minutes ago, Embach said:

Billboard Charts are out, it did not make it to the top 10 but are there any info about other charting?

EDIT! I found more information - Tough charted 25 in Billboard's Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles: https://www.billboard.com/artist/lana-del-rey/chart-history/hbu/

That was last week, this weeks top 10 was revealed today and the rest will be out tomorrow. I think it’s predicted to be around #30 so we will see where it lands! 

On 7/13/2024 at 10:09 PM, barttttender said:

Total number of streams on Spotify: 26,468,961. Average daily: 3,252,307

More songs that Tough has outstreamed:

Next up:

31,385,046 24,450
28,287,243 18,773
27,657,876 17,320

There's no way that it has already surprassed masterpieces like Bbs, Yosemite, nawwal etc... 

9 minutes ago, Sunbather Moonchaser said:

There's no way that it has already surprassed masterpieces like Bbs, Yosemite, nawwal etc... 

Should've streamed harder those "masterpieces" :tiffany:

1 hour ago, Sunbather Moonchaser said:

The songs LB calls masterpieces rarely do good in terms of streaming with the GP :oprah3:

6 hours ago, barttttender said:

Quavo said it debuted at 33.

just like i said it would - higher than SYTH but not as high as snow or angel.

33 is great, one of lana's highest

And it will outstream both of those songs, just like SYTH did. Once again, it goes to show that peaks aren’t everything. Not representative how big a song actually is.

2 hours ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

And it will outstream both of those songs, just like SYTH did. Once again, it goes to show that peaks aren’t everything. Not representative how big a song actually is.

Yeah, for sure. But it's definitely representative of the song being a much bigger hit than Ocean Boulevard single (any of the songs on the album), Arcadia (or any songs on BB) and LMLYLAW or Chemtrails (or any tracks on the album), in a given amount of time. It's an even bigger hit than Doin' Time was back in 2019.

It's her 6th highest charting song overall after Summertime Sadness, Snow, Y&B, Angel and West Coast. And that's really big. Those songs were massive when they came out.

So, I for one, am super happy for Tough. It's given us Lana's 16th hit on the Chart, and an even bigger one than SYTH. It could  have flopped easily, but it didn't. Now we just need it to stay there for a few more weeks (at least 3 to overcome Syth, High by the Beach, Prisoner, Love and Doin' Time), so keep streaming!

1 minute ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Impressive, for a track that (I think) didn’t get any radio play :dua:

It's been the number one track on my local iTunes for Lana for weeks. It's doing really well. I think people were just hungry for something a bit more upbeat from her. If she added some beats to whatever Lasso's first single is, it would surely made it to the charts too. The same would have happened to A&W if it was Jimmy thorhought. But because it wasn't, it ended up "bubbling under". Really, all you need nowadays to chart is a good melody and a solid beat.

But it's more likely, it'll be another ballad ala Chemtrails, BB and OB. Which is fine by me, as long as we get an occasional bop. Tough has fed me for a year.

I'm proud of them both, well done! :gclap: Lana had quite successful chart performances these last 2 years than in the 2010s! Great work!

2.gif

2 hours ago, Embach said:

I'm proud of them both, well done! :gclap: Lana had quite successful chart performances these last 2 years than in the 2010s! Great work!

I wouldn't go so far...  She's had thee chart entries this year at spots 4, 33 and 54.

But she's had 13 songs chart during the 2010s, including spots 6, 13, 17, and 22. She'd need to score another 11 chart entries this decade to beat her 2010s streak, which I doubt would happen. First, she's getting older and we all know America hates that. (Sorry, .Americans, but you know this is true). Everyone on that chart is in their 20s and 30s.

More importantly, she's far more interested in producing dark ballads than any Billboard chart friendly hits. So, her 2010s will always be strongest. 

10 hours ago, barttttender said:

Yeah, for sure. But it's definitely representative of the song being a much bigger hit than Ocean Boulevard single (any of the songs on the album), Arcadia (or any songs on BB) and LMLYLAW or Chemtrails (or any tracks on the album), in a given amount of time. It's an even bigger hit than Doin' Time was back in 2019.

It's her 6th highest charting song overall after Summertime Sadness, Snow, Y&B, Angel and West Coast. And that's really big. Those songs were massive when they came out.

So, I for one, am super happy for Tough. It's given us Lana's 16th hit on the Chart, and an even bigger one than SYTH. It could  have flopped easily, but it didn't. Now we just need it to stay there for a few more weeks (at least 3 to overcome Syth, High by the Beach, Prisoner, Love and Doin' Time), so keep streaming!

Well, yes. But I’m going to need you stop grouping “Snow” and “Angel” with those songs. They are not real hits :rip:. The chart peaks for those two songs are fraudulent.

And Summertime Sadness did NOT chart.

11 minutes ago, SuperMegaStan said:

i blame yall for camping here to complain too much when we could have pushed it up to top 30 instead of top 35 on both US and UK chart :hooker:

Right? All the whining we've heard for this, her biggest charting song not involving Taylor Swift in half a decade.

10 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

33 is like really good by Lana standards lol

im curious what her highest charting song is…summertime sadness? 

#4 Snow on the Beach

#6 Summertime Sadness

#13 Don't Call Me Angel

#17 West Coast

#22 Young and Beautiful

#33 Tough

#44 Love

also just realized she's charted at 22, 33 and 44, next song has to be 55 lol