shadesofblue

10th Anniversary of Ultraviolence - June 13th

happy ultraviolenceve lipsters

giphy.webp

UV anniversary to do for the day:

• set alarm clock to flipside to manifest it being fully released on streaming
  • cry to is this happiness if neither are out
  • check lanadelrey.com and refresh for box set
  • cry to cruel world if there's nothing new
  • wear leather jacket and denim
  • paint nails black, wear feathers in hair and smokey liner
  • cry to pretty when i cry
  • listen to title track to get in the vibe of UV
  • take pics with blue hydrangeas
  • drive with the windows down speeding 20+ mph over speed limit listening to west coast full volume
  • check lanas insta
  • put on leather wedding dress
  • listen to UV vinyl
  • get high on hydroponic weed
  • smoke a cig
  • white lines baking powder on the stove
  • refresh lanadelrey.com
  • check lanaboards to see if @Pantene123 gave us any gifts
  • get down to beat poetry
  • listen to lou reed and guns n roses
  • get ready for bed laying on linens and pearls
  • cry myself to sleep to shades of cool if nothing happens

:)

giphy.webp

♡︎ ⁺.⊹ ˖  𝓂𝓎 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎 𝓁𝒾𝓋𝑒𝓈 𝒾𝓃 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑒𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝒷𝓁𝓊𝑒 ₊˚. ♡︎

3 minutes ago, Honeymoonwitch said:

Let’s be real nothing is happening. The people who spy her merch store would’ve noticed something by now 

who cares @Pantene123 is gonna feed us leaks

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

Happy birthday to the Bible that is Ultraviolence. There are too many things to say about this album - but it’s shaped me so much and the sheer number of things in my life that have been inspired purely from listening to it and experiencing the era in real time is insane. I can’t believe it’s been 10 years already. If Born to Die and Paradise were what introduced the world to Lana Del Rey, then Ultraviolence is what cemented her status as a living legend and prolific icon who would only continue to generously share her lyrical self-reflections in the years to come. 

In the broader LDR universe, Ultraviolence bears so much lore that we’ll only continue to unpack as we listen to this album over the next 10 (and more!) years. 

10 years Already? I was 17 when that Album dropped. Crazy how time flies.

I have to say This Album Did Not Changed Me at all. It was a perfect Album for a hot Summer but that's it. Iost the Connection to it over the years. It has Classics but that's it. 2014 was a year that Changed Me but sadly This Album is Not Part of it.

Mfhp.gif

There shall never be a track run as strong as Cruel World to Pretty When You Cry. Whew the whirlwind.

8QsXMcW.gif

Happy 10th Birthday, Ultraviolence!

Idc what everyone says but it's the best Lana album and era in her discography. This was Lana's biggest shift in her sound and it proved her wide range as a vocalist and an artist. This is the album I grew up with and it changed my whole perspective on appreciating music and artists. The album rollout was one of the best too imo, the way we would anticipate what Neil Krug pictures are going to be posted online next, the music videos, singles, the endless summer tour, the magazine interviews, etc. 

☆SeaKeen★ // Everything is romantic

skgif-ezgif-com-video-to-gif-converter.g 

I think UV is my top 2 forever:illumilana2:

How much this era has contributed to Lana's art, there are just not enough words. Maybe my words are dry and not poetic, but this is a fucking Masterpiece for the ages!!

:true::oprah3::charli:

The message at the end of the cd booklet is cute:shrug:

Even the idea of what kind of background there should be for a person to come to such a kind of manifesto... I think it deserves universal recognition:pray2:

1 hour ago, pinewoodlogs said:

wait can anyone explain why Ultraviolence was released on the 13th in some countries and the 17th in the US

I think it was to do with release day schedules or something. From memory, the first places that it was available in the world were in New Zealand and Australia on 13 June, which was actually 12 June in the US. My copy was in my PO Box at 9am on the 13th (I only ordered it to get the bonus postcards, otherwise I would have gone to buy it in person). It leaked widely a day or two earlier.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

10 years

IMG-9755.jpg

happy decade to the one, the only, the album that changed lives, the album that forged a generation of sad girls and shein-traviolence copycatters,

IMG-9748.jpgULTRAVIOLENCEIMG-9748.jpg

IMG-9743.jpg

to say this album changed my life is an understatement. thousands of listens later it still sounds as fresh as the day i first put it in my janky cheap CD player and heard the first chords of cruel world. all these years later the emotion and lyricism still move me - lana and dan really spun gold into that record and struck lightning in a bottle because the thought of making something as perfect as this album today seems impossible 

IMG-9742.jpg

without going #deep this album is genuinely one of the most important things to happen in my life, and it really means the world to me. i love this album so much and i’m so happy to still be in this community 10 years on. it was my first proper and full pre-release, and the amount of shenanigans that happened at the time was so funny looking back. apart from that, the vulnerability of the lyrics and the rawness of her voice throughout the record are so genuine, and the emotion conveyed is something that few artists can do today. i am so happy lana is still making music and seems so much happier than she did when she made this record, despite how incredible it is. it is a testament to her work ethic, love for her fans and determination to her love for making music that she is out here selling out stadiums and doing world tours

IMG-9756.jpgIMG-9757.jpg

TL;DR:

- perfect visuals

- immaculate presentation

- gorgeous promo

- etherial music

- incredible woman

ultraviolence, i love you so much

IMG-9741.jpg

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23