shadesofblue

10th Anniversary of Ultraviolence - June 13th

happy 10th birthday to the very first LDR album i got to listen to on release day. crazy how time flies so fast.

i’ll never forget hearing west coast for the first time. if it wasnt for listening to this album, at the ripe age of 12, i wouldn’t be the same person today. it really changed my life in so many ways and i’ll forever be grateful that this was my gateway into Lana’s music and really, my gateway into all different genres of music that i hadnt explored before.

without Ultraviolence, I don’t think I would have even considered taking up writing as a hobby, let alone my one true passion. it showed me that music can do much more than just sound pretty. it can show you colors you’ve never seen, sounds you’ve never heard, and words you might be too embarrassed to confess yourself. music can change the world overnight, and that’s exactly what Ultraviolence did for me.

happy 10th, Ultraviolence. i hope you know just how much we all love you.

giphy.gif

15 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

i think if she did something like this I would fucking DIE. 

I logged on and nearly thought this was real :defeated:

happy birthday to lana's best album. from aesthetics, to outtakes, and original concepts, everything about this album was meant to be iconic. 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

Just now, plastiscguy said:

Did I get mother's approval? :oprah:

Tbh, I don’t know if she liked them. She kept saying the drums were too loud and that she couldn’t hear the vocals, but I disagreed. 

:wub:

this album is still so very special to me and i will always love her

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I took the day off work to sit in a park and listen to UV and all its outtakes/demos/instrumentals. I say a lot of albums are my “favorite album,” but I really mean it with this one. Being there for the rollout was so special, and 10 years later this record still means the world to me. Unmatched sound, visuals and era as a whole. HBD UV

giphy.gif

it's crazy how Born to Die and Ultraviolence shaped the life of a bunch of millennials and some gen z's... This album made me fr

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

11 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

friendly reminder that guns and roses is in fact one of her best songs and you all will DEAL! :oprah3: 

YES!!!! STOP WITH THE GUNS AND ROSES SLANDER

☆SeaKeen★ // Everything is romantic

skgif-ezgif-com-video-to-gif-converter.g 

11 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

friendly reminder that Is This Happiness is in fact one of her best songs and you all will DEAL! :oprah3: 

:shrug:

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

i don't how to properly dedicate an entire, full-fledged post about my love for ultraviolence, despite how much i do love born to die and honeymoon, it really is my favorite lana del rey album besides sirens and AKA, the fact that it's just so hard to have one favorite tells you how strong and wonderful her discography and her artistry is :trisha: ultraviolence is a magnificent album with an incredible, irresistibly dark atmosphere... conjuring vivid, alluring images of late-summer storms, beaches, cigarettes, expensive cologne, cult leaders, dark eyeliner, and leather... songs like cruel world, west coast, and brooklyn baby will pull you in like waves of the ocean, not letting you escape, songs like pretty when you cry, fucked my way up to the top, and flipside crash down dry, hot, and hard like bright thunder against a black sky... and songs like old money, guns and roses, and is this happiness leave you in a smokey, intriguing haze of sorrow, fear, introspection, and nostalgia... the perfect album for sweltering, hot summers with stormy, gray skies :hair: :pray: :crying3: :wubna:

32 minutes ago, DemonMic2003 said:

Tbh, I don’t know if she liked them. She kept saying the drums were too loud and that she couldn’t hear the vocals, but I disagreed. 

Fwvae_xXsAAqHNp.jpg

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: