Sign in to follow this  
shadesofblue

2024 Summer Olympic Games - Paris

The way the last supper is such a commonly reinterpreted theme in media and yet it wasn’t until queer people and a plus size woman were shown in a similar setting (because it was Le Festin des Dieux being referenced) that right wing idiots got upset. Religious conservatives are so pathetic 

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

6 hours ago, Furor Poeticus said:

The way the last supper is such a commonly reinterpreted theme in media and yet it wasn’t until queer people and a plus size woman were shown in a similar setting (because it was Le Festin des Dieux being referenced) that right wing idiots got upset. Religious conservatives are so pathetic 

PERIOD

I loved the entire show, so camp, such a good mix of tradition and current representation ugh I was amazed 

Gymnastics Discourse

There are a lot of accounts saying that Rebeca Andrade of Brazil was talking smack about Simone Biles and it is NOT true fyi

The two are good friends so don't listen to the NONSENSE

https://remezcla.com/sports/simone-biles-rebeca-andrade-root-for-your-rivals-heartwarming-exchange-paris-olympics/

https://x.com/TODAYshow/status/1819104833925795871

Rebeca has never said anything bad about Simone (or vice versa). In fact, Simone even had her on her Netflix documentary

Simone has beef with another US gymnast called MyKayla Skinner, though

MyKayla said that this team of gymnast didn't work as hard for their Olympic spots as what her team did (or something along those lines)

So then when the team won gold, Simone posted this :oic2: (and MyKayla blocked her)

IW07TCJ.jpeg

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Artistic swimming is so beautiful. Probably the most stunning sports of the Summer Olympics. I'm watching it right now!

2.gif

3 minutes ago, venice biotch said:

proud of my country, especially aleksandra mirosław for the gold

Oh she's crazy good, I watched the quarter and semi-finals where she was climbing, amazing performance! Kałucka was great as well!

2.gif

I watched men's breakdancing quarter finals and I have a lot of respect for b-boys. So talented guys, such great amazing physical skills that require a lot of strength. I could never. I'm so glad that breakdancing is in the Olympics now, it's definitely a sport and a great one! 

Edit: I realised that the TV played rerun pf yesterday's breakdance battles but still i watched until the end, the semi-finals were so strong and the final was great as well! Super talented and amazing dancers! Congratulations to Canada and Phil Wizard for the gold! :party:

2.gif

Anyone watching the closing ceremony? Kavinsky's Nightcall surprised me!

EDIT: OMFG SOFIA COPPOLA'S HUSBAND BAND PLAYING PLAYGROUND LOVE AT THE OLYMPICS WAS NOT ON MY BINGO CARD, THIS IS SO UNEXPECTED BUT SO AMAZING I'M HEALED OMFG

2.gif

I'm such a softie because the closing ceremony actually made me a bit emotional, I'm going to miss the Olympics now it's over

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide

(Ignore the commentary guy I can’t find a vid of her performance on youtube)

everyone is shitting on this girl but ngl she’s kinda iconic. Kinda love her and her confidence like yessss girl hit that kangaroo in front of the Olympic judges & worldwide stream ❤️ 

492482-1.png

♡︎

On 8/14/2024 at 2:13 AM, shadesofblue said:

(Ignore the commentary guy I can’t find a vid of her performance on youtube)

everyone is shitting on this girl but ngl she’s kinda iconic. Kinda love her and her confidence like yessss girl hit that kangaroo in front of the Olympic judges & worldwide stream ❤️ 

Actually, all the hate is getting to her

If anyone reading has a moment, please leave her a message of support on this post, I'm sure she'd appreciate it

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C-sDDtfokE4

In this house we do not cyberbullying :wtf3:

I think she's a genius, actually

Has a PhD in Cultural Studies and creates a real, viral cultural moment

We love to see it 

1 hour ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Actually, all the hate is getting to her

If anyone reading has a moment, please leave her a message of support on this post, I'm sure she'd appreciate it

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C-sDDtfokE4

In this house we do not cyberbullying :wtf3:

I think she's a genius, actually

Has a PhD in Cultural Studies and creates a real, viral cultural moment

We love to see it 

That’s so sad :( she really doesn’t deserve all that. She made it to the Olympics that’s a big achievement and iconic. Idk why people are so upset by her, let our girl dance!! We do love an intelligent, pretty and talented woman <3 

edit: wait I didn’t realize how mean people were being. I knew people didn’t think she did well but that’s actually awful. Why are people so pressed about someone DANCING :awk: she seems really sweet. Girly made it to the Olympics and these people didn’tmaybe not, but kinda curious if people would bully her this badly if she was a man

492482-1.png

♡︎

4 hours ago, shadesofblue said:

That’s so sad :( she really doesn’t deserve all that. She made it to the Olympics that’s a big achievement and iconic. Idk why people are so upset by her, let our girl dance!! We do love an intelligent, pretty and talented woman <3 

edit: wait I didn’t realize how mean people were being. I knew people didn’t think she did well but that’s actually awful. Why are people so pressed about someone DANCING :awk: she seems really sweet. Girly made it to the Olympics and these people didn’tmaybe not, but kinda curious if people would bully her this badly if she was a man

Yeah even our prime minister told people to shut 

I mean fuck knows how our selection process worked but she was picked to go, so fair play to her. WTF did people expect her to do, say no? Idiots. 

It's an experimental sport based on personal expression 

Who's to say what's good and what isn't

Also people get picked for stuff over more talented people all the time like all the people who beat Lana for Grammys :agree:

The Paraolympics Ceremony is on TV right now and it looks so gorgeous and classy. It's serene but artsy. I have huge huge respect for paraolympic sports athletes! :oprah: They're so talented and strong, even with their physical disabilities. That's something I admire about them, they're great role models for everyone! :flutter:

2.gif