How many awards has taylor won?

6 so far as of now:

Artist of the Year

Best Pop

Best Collaboration - Fortnight

Song of the Summer - Fortnight

Best Editing - Fortnight

Best Direction - Fortnight

She's now the most-awarded artist in VMAs history. There is one more category she's nominated in yet to be announced that could bring her total to 7, and she's lost 5 of her other noms x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Why did they announce the winner of these big categories this way? Did Taylor go home?

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

Just now, Mer said:

Why did they announce the winner of these big categories this way? Did Taylor go home?

I don’t know, it’s really weird. TN seemed to be teasing something with her disappearance but she’s been gone for like an hour now and they just sped through a ton of awards so it makes me think she left lol.

975879ca71d01ef914728e1d913db9c8ebe35e197a6779948f76453c1c7c3d67249eb70c2144a45946bb601b85b9a0ea979662afb98515387a76cc16

˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

There are way too many performances this year I'm sorry :oprah3: They didn't announce half the damn awards during the show

imageproxy.jpg

2 minutes ago, taco truck said:

I don’t know, it’s really weird. TN seemed to be teasing something with her disappearance but she’s been gone for like an hour now and they just sped through a ton of awards so it makes me think she left lol.

TN has just got a new crackhead gay intern, I don’t think they’re teasing, but trolling half the time 😭🙃

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

10 hours ago, rosemead ramada said:

It must be so weird to be a celebrity in the audience, i'd be so uncomfortably aware all night that at any moment I could be on camera and feel like I always had to look like I was super entertained and excited

Katy singing all of her hits instead of the lead single from her new album that comes out in a few weeks :oic:

She sang two songs from 143 (the Doechii feature and Lifetimes as a closer). I think the latter worked perfectly as a closer and it seems like people were into it. I really think had it been promoted better, Lifetimes could have done decently. 

not them giving most iconic performance to Katy Perry as a consolation prize  :rip: when Madonna literally invented VMA performances pretending to ride dick on stage 

anyway MTV is dead and award shows are scams :liner: 

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚ if you can't stand the heat, then stay out of the fire, or you might get what you desire boy ˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

The VMAs have become so lame. It feels like every year they focus on iconic moments of the past and it has just become a nostalgia thing without there being any new iconic moments. There are some good performances here and there but other than that it’s really not worth watching. The last good VMAs was 2016. 

Most people don’t really care about the awards aspect of it since it’s always been very rigged, but it is funny how they aren’t even trying to hide it anymore. Katy winning most iconic performance is laughable and just sets her up to get dragged because no one who isn’t extremely delusional would actually believe that… I’m assuming they did it to stir up some controversy and get people talking about it online cause that performance getting nominated in the first place is very silly.

sig-cropped.png

the VMAs and MTV EMAs should be retitled to 'Who Has The Biggest Fandom Awards' because fans are the ones who choose the winners in 75% of the categories. And obviously the ones with biggest fanbases win. I mean we already got People's Choice Awards, that kind of the point of it. The random people who are Grammy voters (random engineers, mixers, guitarists, producers, songwriters, live show set up people) should become the MTV voters instead and the actual Grammy voters should be actual music professors from universities, it would be so much better in that case.

2.gif

21 minutes ago, Embach said:

the VMAs and MTV EMAs should be retitled to 'Who Has The Biggest Fandom Awards' because fans are the ones who choose the winners in 75% of the categories. And obviously the ones with biggest fanbases win. I mean we already got People's Choice Awards, that kind of the point of it. The random people who are Grammy voters (random engineers, mixers, guitarists, producers, songwriters, live show set up people) should become the MTV voters instead and the actual Grammy voters should be actual music professors from universities, it would be so much better in that case.

I think that people are less inclined to be told what they should like anyway.

in this area tic toc is particularly liberating