Elle

Lana Del Rey's wedding as she marries Jeremy Dufrene in Des Allemands, LA - September 26th, 2024

Lesson Learned:

Scrub your facebook likes from 2021-22, who knows what poor taste boomer meme you liked that will come back to haunt you

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

4 hours ago, J03 said:

well it is her life choice who she marries -  if she can reconcile his beliefs then that’s her decision, she knows him, we don’t. There a millions of reasons to marry someone and when you do you tend to be prepared to accept their flaws in addition to their positives. She could walk away from something she wants to do and a person she wants to commit to based on their beliefs and viewpoints that contradict her fanbase and upsets strangers on the internet or she can make this one decision based on what she wants for her own life irrespective of all the reasons somebody else would not. Trans lives matter and I understand your distress, however her marrying him isn’t confirmation that she thinks trans lives doesn’t matter. It just means she’s not going to base her future around campaigning that cause. You can’t expect her to walk away from what makes her happy to make other people happy. You cannot take this marriage as any comment on her political beliefs and you can’t be questioning her intelligence based on her partners lack of intelligence or empathy, to do so in itself is inherently misogynistic. She’s one of the most articulate women in her industry and she conveys the messages she wants hearing through her art. For decades now women in the media have been unfairly ridiculed based on their partners actions and that’s not acceptable, why erase Lana’s demonstrated kindness towards people of all backgrounds solely based on someone else’s social media posts? Both you, I and pretty much everyone on the planet will know people who will disagree with the trans movement, or would support trump for their own reasons correct or otherwise, publicly or privately, it would be completely unfair if we were then judged and vilified for those associations. I don’t think the kind of behaviour you’ve demonstrated is rational nor acceptable. If you saw Lana, or any other woman walking down the street, would you approach and call them dumb or a bitch for the reasons you’ve done so on the internet? You wouldn’t, because it’s a form of harassment irl, it goes against what is for the most part deemed as acceptable, decent behaviour from grown adults. You have every right to protest, you have every right to challenge ignorance. But she has said and done nothing that can be physically challenged. Sure she could give a platform to these opinions by mentioning them when the wider public are unaware of them, but why would she shine her light on that darkness when she’s never once implied that she thinks that way, and doesn’t want to invite that negativity under her posts where her fans from all backgrounds will be targeted? She’s chosen her husband, she’s not shoving him in anyone’s face, she’s not echoing his sentiments, and she’s doing the right thing by not given notions like that a voice. 

also, has it ever occurred to anybody that most anti trans bigots use “violence against women” as one of their biggest supporting arguments. To speak with the sort of disgusting vitriol you’ve used in your posts only fuels that narrative. We’re seeing it under Lana’s posted we’re seeing it under JKR’s posts. We are not seeing that level of hatred, worded so explicitly to anti trans men in the public eye. Where are the comments under Jeremy’s profile calling him a bitch? Where are the comments under Lawrence Fox’s posts telling him he’s fucking dumb? It’s always different when it’s women. 

As a transperson I think that JK Rowling deserves all the hate she gets… And people have been leaving hate comments about Jeremy aswell what are you on about :toofunny:

The thread is the epitome of not reading all dat lol. I literally do not care anymore

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

i just know that everything is going to end so bad to her and affect her terribly. heartbreak, regrets, slightly shattered reputation and huge disappointment on someone who she trusted.

Lana songs if Jeremy sang them - to lighten the mood

"American (Make America Great Again)"

"Red Jeans"

"Cinnamon Patriot"

"Love - TRUMP🇺🇸GOD✝️ALLIGATORS”

"Ride or Die (NO VACCINES💉)"

"National Anthem (TRUMP)"

"Wild at Heart, Strong in Faith"

"God Knows I’m Proud"

Oh god I was just accidentally exposed to a clip from conservative instagram where they were talking about women wanting "real men" and they used Lana marrying Jeremy Dufrene as proof of this

Lana what have you done

:toofunny:

I was listening to an audiobook section of The Women Who Run With Wolves (a book Lana has read) and came across this section ... I did a double take, because it seems Lana took it too literally :lmao:

I did my best to transcribe the section: "If all of your friends are working for the Democratic Party for the next Presidential election — and you want to be with your friends, because it's a good social time — but maybe instead you have to think about what it is you really want. What it is you really believe. And maybe you don't want to be with your friends, at least not in that context. Maybe you want to be sitting by the side of a beautiful stream with wonderful swamp irises all around you eating bonbons and reading living magazines. The way to begin connecting to the wild is to ask yourself what it is you want."

I guess she decided she wants to sit with beautiful swamp irises :oic2: (Those are native to the Louisiana bayou, apparently)

Spoiler

Potential new contender for the flower of this era 

a4b00685509078d0a65e721e58fce781.jpg

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide

4 minutes ago, The Sun Also Rises said:

I was listening to an audiobook section of The Women Who Run With Wolves (a book Lana has read) and came across this section ... I did a double take, because it seems Lana took it too literally :lmao:

I did my best to transcribe the section: "If all of your friends are working for the Democratic Party for the next Presidential election — and you want to be with your friends, because it's a good social time — but maybe instead you have to think about what it is you really want. What it is you really believe. And maybe you don't want to be with your friends, at least not in that context. Maybe you want to be sitting by the side of a beautiful stream with wonderful swamp irises all around you eating bonbons and reading living magazines. The way to begin connecting to the wild is to ask yourself what it is you want."

I guess she decided she wants to sit with beautiful swamp irises :oic2: (Those are native to the Louisiana bayou, apparently)

Omg! And the clip she posted on Instagram the day hell broke loose .. 

6 minutes ago, rosemead ramada said:

Oh god I was just accidentally exposed to a clip from conservative instagram where they were talking about women wanting "real men" and they used Lana marrying Jeremy Dufrene as proof of this

Lana what have you done

real men don't wear sunscreen i guess :awk:

6 hours ago, J03 said:

well it is her life choice who she marries -  if she can reconcile his beliefs then that’s her decision, she knows him, we don’t. There a millions of reasons to marry someone and when you do you tend to be prepared to accept their flaws in addition to their positives. She could walk away from something she wants to do and a person she wants to commit to based on their beliefs and viewpoints that contradict her fanbase and upsets strangers on the internet or she can make this one decision based on what she wants for her own life irrespective of all the reasons somebody else would not. Trans lives matter and I understand your distress, however her marrying him isn’t confirmation that she thinks trans lives doesn’t matter. It just means she’s not going to base her future around campaigning that cause. You can’t expect her to walk away from what makes her happy to make other people happy. You cannot take this marriage as any comment on her political beliefs and you can’t be questioning her intelligence based on her partners lack of intelligence or empathy, to do so in itself is inherently misogynistic. She’s one of the most articulate women in her industry and she conveys the messages she wants hearing through her art. For decades now women in the media have been unfairly ridiculed based on their partners actions and that’s not acceptable, why erase Lana’s demonstrated kindness towards people of all backgrounds solely based on someone else’s social media posts? Both you, I and pretty much everyone on the planet will know people who will disagree with the trans movement, or would support trump for their own reasons correct or otherwise, publicly or privately, it would be completely unfair if we were then judged and vilified for those associations. I don’t think the kind of behaviour you’ve demonstrated is rational nor acceptable. If you saw Lana, or any other woman walking down the street, would you approach and call them dumb or a bitch for the reasons you’ve done so on the internet? You wouldn’t, because it’s a form of harassment irl, it goes against what is for the most part deemed as acceptable, decent behaviour from grown adults. You have every right to protest, you have every right to challenge ignorance. But she has said and done nothing that can be physically challenged. Sure she could give a platform to these opinions by mentioning them when the wider public are unaware of them, but why would she shine her light on that darkness when she’s never once implied that she thinks that way, and doesn’t want to invite that negativity under her posts where her fans from all backgrounds will be targeted? She’s chosen her husband, she’s not shoving him in anyone’s face, she’s not echoing his sentiments, and she’s doing the right thing by not given notions like that a voice. 

also, has it ever occurred to anybody that most anti trans bigots use “violence against women” as one of their biggest supporting arguments. To speak with the sort of disgusting vitriol you’ve used in your posts only fuels that narrative. We’re seeing it under Lana’s posted we’re seeing it under JKR’s posts. We are not seeing that level of hatred, worded so explicitly to anti trans men in the public eye. Where are the comments under Jeremy’s profile calling him a bitch? Where are the comments under Lawrence Fox’s posts telling him he’s fucking dumb? It’s always different when it’s women. 

I would have done exactly the same thing if a male artist I admired had married a transphobic woman, while I understand your view on the bigger discourse that women have it worse when it comes to being judged negatively, this would have not been the case with me personally. It happened to be about Lana because she’s the one artist I’ve stanned most of my adult life. As for the trans discourse and the first part of your comment regarding Lana as a person, one thing is to have a random connection to a minority-hating bigot you’ve happened to meet at a dinner party, an entirely different thing is to marry them. Or even be close friends with them. It’s not that nuanced. Would you choose to marry someone who has shown they would - idk - randomly harm members of the Jewish community just because of what the Israeli government is doing to Palestinian people? It’s not just about Trump, it’s not about liking dogs rather than cats. It’s about being anti-trans (can’t imagine what he thinks about the queer community), it’s about being anti-vax, it’s about being able to coexist within the possibilities of those realities with somebody who upholds those beliefs and that does represent a measure of a person’s character, no matter how articulate she’s been. She was articulate when she posted that rant about Kanye and she married a Trump supporter. I see your point but I really don’t know what else to add to this, I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree. 

26 minutes ago, rosemead ramada said:

Lana what have you done

This never made sense to me. I think all straight women want to date men? Isn’t that the point :brigitte:I know what those types of people are trying to say by “real men” but that’s such a dumb take. Just say you like masculine men. A man is a real man no matter how he portrays himself as or likes. Idk it’s just funny but also weird thing to say

492482-1.png

♡︎

24 minutes ago, rosemead ramada said:

Lana what have you done

I’ve gotten so many recommended tweets from right wing twitter basically saying similar things. In one of them, they were cheering on his transphobic post too. They see it as a win that such a big celebrity like Lana married a Trump supporter.  Can’t believe Lana put me on this timeline. 

22 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

I’ve gotten so many recommended tweets from right wing twitter basically saying similar things. In one of them, they were cheering on his transphobic post too. They see it as a win that such a big celebrity like Lana married a Trump supporter.  Can’t believe Lana put me on this timeline. 

This is the real loss .... encouraging this dumb mother fkers

I guess this is what angers me the most about this situation.. 

21 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

girl what have you done:toofloppy:

14 hours ago, mermaid motel said:

Maybe she doesn't know he's a Trump-supporting transphobe cos she can't understand what he's saying when he talks to her

I understood maybe 50%?

Jeremy: "mumble mumble alligator eggs mumble mumble"

Lana: "that's nice, dear"

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

45 minutes ago, The Sun Also Rises said:

Hide contents

Potential new contender for the flower of this era 

a4b00685509078d0a65e721e58fce781.jpg

Swamp Irises are our newest insider 
SOMEBODY SHOW THE FLOWERS AND ALIGATORS HOW TO USE LANA BOARDS

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ Still waiting for Put me in a movie Studio Recording * ˚ ✦