Elle

Lana Del Rey's wedding as she marries Jeremy Dufrene in Des Allemands, LA - September 26th, 2024

13 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I feel like I have to point this out since, from reading your posts, you seem to be someone with a strong moral instinct - but you do know that Marilyn Manson is a known abuser, right? :rip: So it’s not like listening to him is better than not listening to Lana lol. 

thanks for pointing that out, I’m not an avid listener of MM, I’m not a fan of his and I didn’t know that he was a known abuser. I listen to some of his songs here and there from time to time. but I won’t say that doesn’t make a difference because it does. what I mean is I don’t have a “13 year history” with his music on an everyday base the way I have had with Lana’s music, so of course this will affect me more. If I stop listening to MM point blank right now it won’t change anything to me, the same won’t apply to Lana’s music, it is painful to “break up” (for lack of a better word) with someone whose music you’ve related to throughout the years 

18 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

@fishtails said it best

Maybe it's a bit of an exaggeration, I think he's just a simple family man. Even if he has a certain political attitude and has liked a few wrong posts, that doesn't mean he's very political. His posts on Facebook actually look quite normal, not necessarily like he's out in full force supporting Trump or spreading any views.

3 minutes ago, tombombadil01 said:

thanks for pointing that out, I’m not an avid listener of MM, I’m not a fan of his and I didn’t know that he was a known abuser. I listen to some of his songs here and there from time to time. but I won’t say that doesn’t make a difference because it does. what I mean is I don’t have a “13 year history” with his music on an everyday base the way I have had with Lana’s music, so of course this will affect me more. If I stop listening to MM point blank right now it won’t change anything to me, the same won’t apply to Lana’s music, it is painful to “break up” (for lack of a better word) with someone whose music you’ve related to throughout the years 

Ah, I see - I get that. Thanks for explaining. I just thought you should know in case you didn’t ;) 

1 minute ago, grandpas glass said:

Maybe it's a bit of an exaggeration, I think he's just a simple family man. Even if he has a certain political attitude and has liked a few wrong posts, that doesn't mean he's very political. His posts on Facebook actually look quite normal, not necessarily like he's out in full force supporting Trump or spreading any views.

i would agree if he hadn't JUST reposted a trump tiktok like 6 days ago, one of his only reposts too

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

1 minute ago, grandpas glass said:

He strikes me as no emotional baggage, no mental turmoil, not a tortured artist. Just a simple guy who enjoys a simple life and is happy just being happy. I don't know what she sees in it. 

9 hours ago, tombombadil01 said:

idk I’m sorry but this is downright delusion. Transphobia is not a fcking political view, excuse my French, y’all need to get that idea well drilled into your brains. It’s called human rights. The values Trump stands for are not just economical, they are human rights he openly stands against, and you can twist and turn it anyway you like it, whoever supports that is divisive, spiteful and problematic at some level, or willingly and naively ignorant at the very least . Associating with someone who hunts for sport, posts transphobic shi is NOT political, it’s inhumane. THAT is the difference. I hope this helps 

Oh lol I’m not twisting it, it is transphobia, but every single person votes with themselves in mind and there’s no delusion in that, it’s just how the world works. Nobody is looking towards crocodile Dundee for political nor humanitarian inspiration. And that’s kinda my point. Stop giving it volume. 

2 minutes ago, Genesee said:

i can fix him, no really i can

GYfMoILWQAA6Zwn.jpg

woah maybe i can't

is clark his brother?

2.gif

6 hours ago, Morningcrow said:

Listen, life can be hard and we're all just trying to get through it and have a happy life. I'm not talking about politics. I don't care if we're talking about Lana's husband or the guy at the market who bagged your frozen chicken dumplings and organic sweet potatoes last night. Sharing posts promoting violence against transwomen is not ok. Millions of people sharing those shitty beliefs doesn't make it ok. I wasn't talking about tariffs on Chinese-made pillows, i was talking about hate speech.

And this is precisely my point - Lana has never displayed anything but kindness and support for her trans fans, and has said absolutely nothing to suggest otherwise.

She’s not liking his content and she’s not condoning it. Yes she could say something, and invite a discourse and an unwanted fan base, but the only people associating the narrative with her, with no supporting evidence that this her sentiments on the subject, is her own fan base who expect her to have some accountability for someone else’s actions. And that’s why I said it’s deranged to judge her by his standards as if they’re suddenly one and the same because they’re married. 

1 hour ago, Honeytrails said:

I think Lana is interesting cus she places herself in her art a lot more than other artists. Taylor Swift’s whole thing is that she’s relatable and yet she barely speaks about what the songs are actually about - she leaves her fans to dissect it via paparazzi photos and other mediums to feed those who are parasocially interested in her personal life while leaving enough vagueness so that ppl can still interpret the songs and apply them to their own life.

Lana on the other hand will go on radio and tell a tell-all personal story of exactly what inspired a song like Mariners Apartment Complex.

My point is that she invites interest in her personal life and that’s why ppl are super interested in it. 

Hide contents

she has always said that she writes for herself and never pulled a “I write so others can hear my music and relate, and feel seen” shtick or dodged a question about what the song meant by saying “it’s open to interpretation”

it’s very much her in the center of it, persona and all.

I completely get this and understand it. A lot of us have also kind of grown up with her so we’ve put a lot of ourselves into her music and personas as well 

25 minutes ago, Chickacherrycola said:

He strikes me as no emotional baggage, no mental turmoil, not a tortured artist. Just a simple guy who enjoys a simple life and is happy just being happy. I don't know what she sees in it. 

I can well imagine that this is what she's looking for

I think we need remember that 3/5 people in his area voted for Trump in 2020: probably even higher for men- of course he’s gonna support trump and that doesn’t mean Lana agrees with everything he posts on TikTok and Facebook 

jeremy is one of the most vile people i‘ve seen lana associate herself with - some of the takes on here are incredibly worrisome if you honestly think u can just look away and talk it down to him being “traditional” or just a family man or whatever - none of this justifies the political views he’s broadcasting to the world and believes in (and these aren’t just a few incidents of him liking something questionable, he is putting out this disgusting content himself). i do not understand how you would willingly want to spend time let alone commit to a person who stands behind so much hatred and feeds into it.

lana never came off a hardcore leftist to me but jumping from your average tone death gwyneth paltrow level of out of touch view on politics to marrying someone who’s actively involved in promoting utterly disgusting hate on his social media is a lot to take in and i just do not understand why one would willingly put themselves through this. 

“People have siblings or parents that vote for trump!” or “i saw a trump supporter at a cafe today” are odd takes - these are people who u either do not have a choice that you are related to them or people u do not actually willingly engage with other than you accidentally being at the same place at the same time. However you absolutely do choose who you spend your time with and i do not understand how anyone can see themselves marrying and wanting to spend their rest of their lives with someone who has polar-opposite views on basic issues like human!!(!!) rights (!!) to you. 

6XlmkuP.png

14 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

lana never came off a hardcore leftist to me but jumping from your average tone death gwyneth paltrow level of out of touch view on politics to marrying someone who’s actively involved in promoting utterly disgusting hate on his social media is a lot to take in and i just do not understand why one would willingly put themselves through this.

Wild thought for you: people are more than their political beliefs.

To narrow a whole complex human being down to just this one aspect is an incredibly narrow-minded way of thinking.

1 minute ago, Creyk said:

Wild thought for you: people are more than their political beliefs.

To narrow a whole complex human being down to just this one aspect is an incredibly narrow-minded way of thinking.

Clock it