Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

1 hour ago, babetteateoatmeal said:

have a feeling i'm gonna get absolutely toasted for this, but coachella - woodstock in my mind is a good song. the lyrics are a little eh but instrumental and chorus have me :beyonce:

the lyrics too:twirls:

Maybe my contribution
Could be as small as hoping
That words could turn to birds
And birds would send my thoughts your way

I'd trade it all for a stairway to Heaven
I'd take my time before the climb up to the top of it 
I'd trade the fame and the fortune and the legend 

I'd give it all away if you'd give me just one day to ask him one question

tumblr-n02pmk-XHSH1rcgcl7o6-250.gif

Just now, Luna de miel said:

the lyrics too:twirls:

Maybe my contribution
Could be as small as hoping
That words could turn to birds
And birds would send my thoughts your way

I'd trade it all for a stairway to Heaven
I'd take my time before the climb up to the top of it 
I'd trade the fame and the fortune and the legend 

I'd give it all away if you'd give me just one day to ask him one question

Idk Coachella is a cute song and I love the outro but the lyrics are very tone-deaf white woman tries to make a political song:um2: ala You Need to Calm Down/ Man’s World (though I think the lyrics on Coachella are the slightest bit better)

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

2 hours ago, babetteateoatmeal said:

have a feeling i'm gonna get absolutely toasted for this, but coachella - woodstock in my mind is a good song. the lyrics are a little eh but instrumental and chorus have me :beyonce:

Coachella is a banger :true:

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

22 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Idk Coachella is a cute song and I love the outro but the lyrics are very tone-deaf white woman tries to make a political song:um2: ala You Need to Calm Down/ Man’s World (though I think the lyrics on Coachella are the slightest bit better)

ur not wrong but 13 year old me ate that shit up when lfl first came out, and now they just hold so many different meanings from listening to them throughout my teens

and the imagery is beautiful oml

tumblr-n02pmk-XHSH1rcgcl7o6-250.gif

2 hours ago, babetteateoatmeal said:

I like the song too!

I actually think the lyrics of Coachella are way better than the production. I've always wondered what it would've sounded like in a more 70s folk esque style 

imageproxy.jpg

3 hours ago, margaret soty said:

Lucky Ones is a better closing song than This Is What Makes Us Girls. :whatever:

TIWMUG doesn't even make sense lyrically. The chorus doesn't match the verses. I just came around to liking it recently while i sat and listned through btd.

tumblr_n9t9baKLaK1sj5r1lo1_500.gif

13 minutes ago, Cherriwinkle said:

TIWMUG doesn't even make sense lyrically. The chorus doesn't match the verses. I just came around to liking it recently while i sat and listned through btd.

TIWMUG is my fave on BTD but I don’t think it’s a good closer. 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

When I discovered Lana, I was 13, and my favorite songs were the "unpopular", deep cut ones - Lucky ones, tiwmug, blue velvet, bel air, sad girl, god knows I tried, etc. I didn't listen to her famous songs very often.

Now that I am 10 years older, I think the popular ones are my favorites :icant: there was a total shift. Sometimes I'll be listening to summertime sadness or born to die and I'm like "I see why these songs were picked as singles, they're so fucking good". I think SS became a top 20 Lana song for me since last year.

I think that as a teenager I was still building a personality and finding myself, so I tried to be sort of edgy even with my music tastes. Nowadays I can confidently say I love all her albums and most of her songs, but I appreciate the ones that made her famous much more.

9 minutes ago, honeymoonwhore said:

When I discovered Lana, I was 13, and my favorite songs were the "unpopular", deep cut ones - Lucky ones, tiwmug, blue velvet, bel air, sad girl, god knows I tried, etc. I didn't listen to her famous songs very often.

Now that I am 10 years older, I think the popular ones are my favorites :icant: there was a total shift. Sometimes I'll be listening to summertime sadness or born to die and I'm like "I see why these songs were picked as singles, they're so fucking good". I think SS became a top 20 Lana song for me since last year.

I think that as a teenager I was still building a personality and finding myself, so I tried to be sort of edgy even with my music tastes. Nowadays I can confidently say I love all her albums and most of her songs, but I appreciate the ones that made her famous much more.

I totally get this. I was 14/15 when BTD and Paradise were released and it was “cooler” to pick the lesser known songs but you’re right Summertime Sadness is a jewel from those early days and I can see why a lot of people enjoy this so I appreciate the value it can add 

#freetoedit #lana#lanadelrey#honeymoon

since we're talking about summertime sadness...

this is a good remix idc! people just hate it bc it was a hit. if anything we should redirect the hate to lust for life bloodpop remix now that's a crap remix :nails: