Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Don't let me be misunderstood is one of the best songs on Honeymoon. It's the song that let me give Honeymoon a chance after not really liking if for awhile

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

"I want to stay home, be left alone- Someone make upΒ my mind so I don't have to decide"

https://www.last.fm/user/fakeeyelash13- my last fm <33

43 minutes ago, honeymooncd said:

Don't let me be misunderstood is one of the best songs on Honeymoon. It's the song that let me give Honeymoon a chance after not really liking if for awhile

One of her best covers honestly, it's a little bitΒ spooky.Β :smile2:

22 minutes ago, West Coast said:

One of her best covers honestly, it's a little bitΒ spooky.Β :smile2:

When I heard the song for the first time, the loud ass intro freaked me the fuck out. It's probably one of her most playful instrumental in an uneasy way (obv in a good way). I love how the song gets silent before Lana starts singing "oh baby I'm just human" and then some strange piano like note starts coming with strings.

Β 

Honeymoon album had honestly her most creative, playful and beautiful instrumentals ever.

url%5D

10 hours ago, honeymooncd said:

I at first had a problem with her vocals on DLMBM. They sounded lazy compared to the rest of Honeymoon, but it's such a sweet song. The instrumental is so cute. I appreciate it a lot.

Happiness Is A Butterfly lyrics have always been too corny for me, and i mean the whole song. There's almost nothing I like about the song except short parts of the instrumental when it builds up. It's one of the only two songs on NFR that I can't understand people liking. And I'm not saying this out of hate, btw, it's just confusion :toofunny:

The official version of Young And Beautiful sounds beautiful but it sounds like a clichΓ© and cheesy romcom wedding song.Β :xgiggle:

Β 

While the Dan Heath's or simply the music video's version of Young And Beautiful is one of her best songs, the orchestra brings more the depth and desperation out of the lyrics and her voice, it sounds more tragic, like it sounds like it's sung fromΒ aΒ near-death experience or sung to just someone who's dying or something. or like having a last hope and desperation. It's even more beautiful than the official version too. It's the overwhelming orchestra and the depth what makes it one of her best songs. That version doesΒ more justice to Gatsby than the official version. The music video paints a perfect picture for it too, the look on her face and the desperation in the end where she's taking the dress off her shoulders. It's the most Lana Del Rey version ever or even song. It's tragic, glamorous and mysterious. A perfect combination for a classic Lana Del Rey song. :crying5:

url%5D

4 hours ago, Embach said:

The official version of Young And Beautiful sounds beautiful but it sounds like a clichΓ© and cheesy romcom wedding song.Β :xgiggle:

Β 

While the Dan Heath's or simply the music video's version of Young And Beautiful is one of her best songs, the orchestra brings more the depth and desperation out of the lyrics and her voice, it sounds more tragic, like it sounds like it's sung fromΒ aΒ near-death experience or sung to just someone who's dying or something. or like having a last hope and desperation. It's even more beautiful than the official version too. It's the overwhelming orchestra and the depth what makes it one of her best songs. That version doesΒ more justice to Gatsby than the official version. The music video paints a perfect picture for it too, the look on her face and the desperation in the end where she's taking the dress off her shoulders. It's the most Lana Del Rey version ever or even song. It's tragic, glamorous and mysterious. A perfect combination for a classic Lana Del Rey song. :crying5:

Oh I sooo agree with that tho. I'm so glad they used the DH Orchestral version for the music video. It gives me shivers.

Occasionally I listen to the other version for the drums which are really cute.

Β 

Also, another version that needs more attention:

Β 

20 hours ago, Embach said:

Β 

Β 

i much prefer the dan heath version, the moment where she's singing "i've seen the world, lit it up, as my stage now, channeling angels in the new age now" with the icy piano and dark atmosphereΒ is so haunting and heavenly :pray2:Β 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

Love should be more appreciated imo. it's one of her most atmospheric songs ever. The song's dreamy intro kinda reminds me of Cigarettes After Sex song Nothing's Gonna Hurt You Baby. I love the melancholic undertones in a 'positive-minded' song. It's one of her most forgotten singles imoΒ :crying5:

url%5D

1 hour ago, Celestial Jukebox said:

24 is godlyΒ :legend:

Agreed, it's a fucking crime that the song wasn't used for Spectre. I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed Lana to do aΒ song for the next Bond movie. I just want that so muchΒ :defeated:

url%5D

On 10/2/2023 at 3:22 PM, Embach said:

Β 

The Glastonbury version is my favorite

On 10/2/2023 at 7:44 PM, Ultra Violet said:

Oh I sooo agree with that tho. I'm so glad they used the DH Orchestral version for the music video. It gives me shivers.

Occasionally I listen to the other version for the drums which are really cute.

Β 

Also, another version that needs more attention:

Β 

Are those Lana’s vocals?Β 

7 hours ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Are those Lana’s vocals?Β 

They are! I used to not think so, but I watched a video on Lana working with the people from TGG film and she really did redo the vocals for the whole film score. But there was no footage shown of her recording this Jazz version.

That coke necklace is one of herΒ most overratedΒ merch items ever. Idk, I used to like it but I think that tiktok ruined it with their "lana del rey vinyl" aesthetics πŸ’€

url%5D

If you made me choose between two Lana albums, I'd easily have an answer, but for some reason I can't decide between Chemtrails and Blue Banisters. Maybe I should play them back to back. Or maybe I don't have to have a favoriteΒ :true: