Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Brite Lites is a trashy song with shit lyrics and horrible production

a capital MESS.

little-mermaid.gif

if you don't like the production take a look at it's live performance  :creep:

But well it's your opinion. Maybe give a chance to the demo version? She does interesting vocals in that one

I despise the H&M campaigns and all the big hair looks like the El Rey theatre or the National Anthem video. I don't know why, it's intimidating me and she looks mean, not really herself, can't pinpoint. Also the Uomo shoot is a big mess, the makeup and hair are weird as f. And also, but that's just me, I really like her trashier, messier looks, more than the smooth looks. She is elegant in a very particular way when she's natural and not all dressed up. And I think Summertime Sadness is by far one of her worst songs, anyway all the songs she said are her favourites from the albums, are the worst to me :') And practically all the bonus songs are really weaker. Ugh, cringing at my own list though, why so much hate :defeated:

ZKcaooE.png

I think "National Anthem" is generic, annoying piece of pop-ish song, and the first, faster version is much more fresh and positively mischievous; I don't like the hymnic tone of the BTD version and its simplificated, flat chorus. It is, actually, the only song of hers that I'm not fond of.

Also, "Flipside" is overly underestimated: it has grungy, chamber charm and haunting, echoing intro and end with provoking hurting question, very deep and intimate. I prefer that ninety, lo-fi, rough and raw sound over psychedelic grandeur of "Cruel World", more close to the pieces like "Get Drunk", but with added guitar growling, like its elaborated, inflamed extension.

Plus, "Off To The Races" is the best gem on BTD, most complex, charged with multiple emotional layers and lyrically excellent, with her versatile voice covering all isohypses and isobars of emotional experience. :O

Paradise "Yayo" is much weaker, cause it lacks the crucial part of the bridge, echoing "...dark night..." in the distance (this is for me the climax part), and her voice is much more insecure and unnecessary shivering and roaming, tracing invisible ornamental additions and ruining strong, effortlessly soft flowing spine of the melody of the original. The first version kicks ass.

tumblr_nbg6blFb0d1trud11o2_250.gif1e5408c919ff19d8ea5d8b3240bf67ed.jpggiphy.gif

I have some negativity to vent out.

She seems to me stuck in the same "I don't care attitude" that characterized the UV era. I didn't mind that much that she didn't do promo for her work but I was bummed because she canceled her shows and gave those random interviews. I get that she was depressed, I blamed Barrie for that, but obviously Francesco changed little in her, she's depressed as ever, at least so it seems from her public appearances of lately. So I have low expectations from this era regarding videos and performances which is a bummer for those who cannot see her on tour.

And regarding her upcoming tour I don’t understand who had this “brilliant” idea to put her show in 20.000 venues?! She sounded best with the stripped back sound with strings on the European tour, in small venues where she was mostly surrounded by her fans who loved her and didn’t nitpick on her performance and her voice could fill the room. She loves to meet her fans but she’s seems uncomfortable on stage. Smaller venues were ideal for her: meeting your hardcore fans and singing along with them.

But in a 20.000 venue?! There will be 3-5 thousand Lana fans and 15000 casual concert goers who will certainly not like that her show is very short and monotone with no encore, will not like her wanderings in the first row for 10 minutes for taking presents and selfies or her uneven vocals and lack of engagement with the audience. I’m a fan and I can watch her talk silly things for an hour and I enjoy it, but I would never accept an attitude like hers in concerts from anyone else.

So if she didn't changed her show, frankly with her “I don’t care” attitude I don’t expect any changes, there is a potential that her shows will be greatly criticized in reviews and that will do a greater damage than SNL for her public perception and career.

This is shaping up like another forced misstep in her career like SNL was when her management forced her to perform when she clearly wasn’t prepared to take that huge pressure on her. Economically is a short sighted planning to cash in. I would have increased the ticket prices instead and I would kept her show in 5-7 thousand venues. But it seems to me that Mawson wants to cash in (from what I know Interscope it’s not involved in her tour) and he convinced her that this is a good move for her career. Imagine Lana with the cigarette (in her last picture with the boys), where the “I don’t care” attitude is evident, coming on stage and entertaining 20000 plus people. There she will not be worshiped by the audience, she’ll have to entertain those people a concept that she doesn't fully grasp yet.

I hope that I’m wrong and she'll have a great tour and she'll obliterate with her performance everything that I said and I will happily eat my words

I hope that I’m wrong and she'll have a great tour and she'll obliterate with her performance everything that I said and I will happily eat my words

When she played small venues, she was criticised for excluding so many of her fans, and the only winners were ticket scalpers. So to paraphrase the great philosopher Bart Simpson, she's damned if she does, and she's damned if she doesn't.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

I have some negativity to vent out.

She seems to me stuck in the same "I don't care attitude" that characterized the UV era. I didn't mind that much that she didn't do promo for her work but I was bummed because she canceled her shows and gave those random interviews. I get that she was depressed, I blamed Barrie for that, but obviously Francesco changed little in her, she's depressed as ever, at least so it seems from her public appearances of lately. So I have low expectations from this era regarding videos and performances which is a bummer for those who cannot see her on tour.

And regarding her upcoming tour I don’t understand who had this “brilliant” idea to put her show in 20.000 venues?! She sounded best with the stripped back sound with strings on the European tour, in small venues where she was mostly surrounded by her fans who loved her and didn’t nitpick on her performance and her voice could fill the room. She loves to meet her fans but she’s seems uncomfortable on stage. Smaller venues were ideal for her: meeting your hardcore fans and singing along with them.

But in a 20.000 venue?! There will be 3-5 thousand Lana fans and 15000 casual concert goers who will certainly not like that her show is very short and monotone with no encore, will not like her wanderings in the first row for 10 minutes for taking presents and selfies or her uneven vocals and lack of engagement with the audience. I’m a fan and I can watch her talk silly things for an hour and I enjoy it, but I would never accept an attitude like hers in concerts from anyone else.

So if she didn't changed her show, frankly with her “I don’t care” attitude I don’t expect any changes, there is a potential that her shows will be greatly criticized in reviews and that will do a greater damage than SNL for her public perception and career.

This is shaping up like another forced misstep in her career like SNL was when her management forced her to perform when she clearly wasn’t prepared to take that huge pressure on her. Economically is a short sighted planning to cash in. I would have increased the ticket prices instead and I would kept her show in 5-7 thousand venues. But it seems to me that Mawson wants to cash in (from what I know Interscope it’s not involved in her tour) and he convinced her that this is a good move for her career. Imagine Lana with the cigarette (in her last picture with the boys), where the “I don’t care” attitude is evident, coming on stage and entertaining 20000 plus people. There she will not be worshiped by the audience, she’ll have to entertain those people a concept that she doesn't fully grasp yet.

lol