Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Personally I think she should drop her whole team and start afresh again. That includes the likes of her Managers and Neil Krug. She should also consider getting the the hell away from L.A. Ever since she began living there it seems (IMO) that it's been destroying her creativity and making her even more lazier. Girl needs to go back to New York already FFS.

This is so true! I  remember from "Everybody's free to wear sunscreen" by Baz Luhrmann the line "live in New York City once, but explicitly leave before it makes you hard; momentarily live in Northern California once, but leave before it makes you soft." This couldn't be more true for miss Daytona 

I hate how glib she is on Instagram, running around like a stepford wife on livestreams. It's too bad she's on there so much now. She looks paralyzed in the face in all of her pictures as well.

Stan arrivals 2013 and onwards, sorry you missed out on our girl's alluring nature and natural beauty while she still had it.

lindsayfine3.gif

It seems like she's lost some of the personality and charm she had during BTD, some of that may be because she's older now but she was always very candid in interviews and had such a cute coyness and attitude to her. She was definitely very New York. Maybe she should get herself back here

Since the LFL album cover was supposed to be a recall back to BTD, I really wish she would have chosen to work with Nicole again (and nicole takes some of my favorite lana-smiling pics) it would be much more fitting than Chuck.

Also the HM photoshoot is really underrated there are some gorgeous photos in that set.  But some of Neil's photos this era are really...underwhelming to say the least at least compared to UV's and HM's.

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

i just realized what the fuck happened to her voice, i love her voice but  she had this child´s voice in her unreleased and btd songs and now i juts realized she is wasting her vocal range because she has so much fucking potential but she keeps smoking and not taking care of herself and her voice , don't even try to prove me wrong if her voice wasn't damaged she could hit the proper notes for cola and other songs, and the most tragic thing is that she could hit the LOVE "high note" what even is happening! i hope she decides to change to her old clear and not-muffled voice. 

i will love you until the end of time.

i just realized what the fuck happened to her voice, i love her voice but  she had this child´s voice in her unreleased and btd songs and now i juts realized she is wasting her vocal range because she has so much fucking potential but she keeps smoking and not taking care of herself and her voice , don't even try to prove me wrong if her voice wasn't damaged she could hit the proper notes for cola and other songs, and the most tragic thing is that she could hit the LOVE "high note" what even is happening! i hope she decides to change to her old clear and not-muffled voice. 

She has a wide vocal range and can do both high and low notes but sings with a lower voice because she felt that she wasn't being taken seriously as an artist (This was back in 2011). As of now I doubt that's an issue anymore, it probably just became a preference to sing at a lower range over time.

I don't really think her voice is muffled either, that reverb/filter effect she puts on her voice is a part of her recording style & shes been doing that since the start of the Ultraviolence era (Once Upon A Dream).  She probably wanted to try something new after BTD, experimented, found something she liked and ran with it.

tumblr_lyf35aOQ2W1qzcqino1_500.gif

I also think she's been playing it safe when it comes to live performances lately, during the Paradise tour especially she was unhinged in her vocals and made note changes and wasn't afraid to go higher. Now in the higher songs sometimes she barely even sings

The single cover for West Coast should have been the album cover for Ultraviolence. It's slightly more consistent with BTD and the colours are stunning. Her face and makeup are so rounded and gorgeous - but it still captures the kind of messy UV look.

123532lanadelrey1234.jpg

The single cover for West Coast should have been the album cover for Ultraviolence. It's slightly more consistent with BTD and the colours are stunning. Her face and makeup are so rounded and gorgeous - but it still captures the kind of messy UV look.

123532lanadelrey1234.jpg

omg the photoshop on her face is TRAGIC she doesn't even look like herself

giphy.gif

She's gotten so boring and uninspiring post 2013. She needs to fire her team and work with new people for a change that don't kiss her ass and that will tell her when her shit is terrible and recycled. She's the type to stick with the same people she's worked with for years out of comfort and needing a safe space or w/e and that prevents her from developing as an artist and finding new outlets and sources for inspiration.

She's gotten so boring and uninspiring post 2013. She needs to fire her team and work with new people for a change that don't kiss her ass and that will tell her when her shit is terrible and recycled. She's the type to stick with the same people she's worked with for years out of comfort and needing a safe space or w/e and that prevents her from developing as an artist and finding new outlets and sources for inspiration.

I believe there is a development from BTD to UV and from UV to HM..but I kinda agree she needs a new team and new ideas to accompany the -still great- music she does

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Good point, I forgot about UV. It's not just about the music either, it's her entire image, branding, promotion etc. It's all so lazy. And it's so funny that it's only with this era that she discovered social media.

literally insane to see her tweet shit like "the tour is on sale today bitches" knowing she hasn't been hacked

Good point, I forgot about UV. It's not just about the music either, it's her entire image, branding, promotion etc. It's all so lazy. And it's so funny that it's only with this era that she discovered social media.

literally insane to see her tweet shit like "the tour is on sale today bitches" knowing she hasn't been hacked

Seeing her behave like an edgy 15 year old on social media is getting cringy-er ever since Honeymoon

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Sometimes I think it's just "too much" to complain over a coment like "Tour on sale today bitches".

She's still human and making that type of joke. Also, part of the few people she's following are probably part of "stan twitter" so she just think it's funny to...tweet. 

I feel so much better knowing it's actually herself behind the screen, making "contact" with her fans, instead of someone else pretending to be her and making those mechanical tweets. It's just random and no point in having a profile with "@@lanadelrey". Just put up @TeamDelRey for contact.

Also not sure if it's unpopular, but I have a feeling that she moved away from the "cinematographic-music-videos" to move away from the vision that people had on her from BTD, then, focus on the music. For some people, Ultraviolence is her peak "musically" but I just cannot see anyone saying that Visually BTD wasn't her prime. The music videos, the aesthetic, the whole thing was wrapped up and it was good enough to be seen as "PLASTIC" but at same time, it was the game changing and the mark that everyone got. Hollywood Glamour Vintage etc. Looking at Ultraviolence "Visually", West Coast and then Shades Of Cool were the begin of what she's doing today. Beautiful music videos but just packed in random some random scenes. 

Right Now I feel she's in a middle zone from Music + Visuals. The visuals are not ugly, that's good. It's just lackluster I guess so. Music Videos like Music To Watch Boys To, Freak, Love, White Mustang... they are all "Beautiful", but they just miss a plot, something happening... maybe cuz then it was turned into a puzzle game of remaking music videos. Unless she changes her mind for something "I want to go all visual", then, things will just remain the same and I don't think it's something her team can change...

Sometimes I think it's just "too much" to complain over a coment like "Tour on sale today bitches".

She's still human and making that type of joke. Also, part of the few people she's following are probably part of "stan twitter" so she just think it's funny to...tweet. 

I feel so much better knowing it's actually herself behind the screen, making "contact" with her fans, instead of someone else pretending to be her and making those mechanical tweets. It's just random and no point in having a profile with "@@lanadelrey". Just put up @TeamDelRey for contact.

Also not sure if it's unpopular, but I have a feeling that she moved away from the "cinematographic-music-videos" to move away from the vision that people had on her from BTD, then, focus on the music. For some people, Ultraviolence is her peak "musically" but I just cannot see anyone saying that Visually BTD wasn't her prime. The music videos, the aesthetic, the whole thing was wrapped up and it was good enough to be seen as "PLASTIC" but at same time, it was the game changing and the mark that everyone got. Hollywood Glamour Vintage etc. Looking at Ultraviolence "Visually", West Coast and then Shades Of Cool were the begin of what she's doing today. Beautiful music videos but just packed in random some random scenes. 

Right Now I feel she's in a middle zone from Music + Visuals. The visuals are not ugly, that's good. It's just lackluster I guess so. Music Videos like Music To Watch Boys To, Freak, Love, White Mustang... they are all "Beautiful", but they just miss a plot, something happening... maybe cuz then it was turned into a puzzle game of remaking music videos. Unless she changes her mind for something "I want to go all visual", then, things will just remain the same and I don't think it's something her team can change...

I completely agree with everything in this comment. Wow.

The videos for BTD/Paradise were perfect, they displayed that fantasy California and Americana dream world she has created. They were filled to the brim with everything that was "Lana" - controversal relationships, flowers, something dangerous around the corner... I love those videos. I really hope the videos for the next album will have a great story again.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Remember how Lana said LFL would sound most like Born To Die out of all the albums? I think this lie got completely forgotten cuz the closest it got was Get Free and it was like a Marina & The Diamonds take of it. Maybe also Cherry, but yet again it sounds like a Freak Part 2. Not that the album ended up bad, but what a way to hype a bitch...

oaKqnvd.gif

z445hpI.png

Remember how Lana said LFL would sound most like Born To Die out of all the albums? I think this lie got completely forgotten cuz the closest it got was Get Free and it was like a Marina & The Diamonds take of it. Maybe also Cherry, but yet again it sounds like a Freak Part 2. Not that the album ended up bad, but what a way to hype a bitch...

oaKqnvd.gif

It doesn't sound like BTD at all but it is the closest to BTD sound

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...