Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

These songs did not age well:

Cruel World, UV, BB, TBD

Also - Fine China is an amazing lyrical work and I can't understand why it was never reworked and put on an album. It mystifies me. 

Slander!

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

The snippets we've heard bring me back somewhere and make me feel both happy and sad all at the same time.

God, it better leak soon. I really need it in my life. It sounds like my shit,

but yet if i say this im in the wrong, ok lb

These songs did not age well:

Carmen, G&M, Cruel World, UV, BB, TBD, Swan Song, Wtwwaw. 

Also - Fine China is an amazing lyrical work and I can't understand why it was never reworked and put on an album. It mystifies me. 

Ima just pretend you didn't say that first part x

But about Fine China,  it's such an outstanding song,  yet I do understand why it wasn't released. In my humble opinion,  I believe Lana went against releasing it because it played a little too hard on the "forever sad" "Everything is doomed" stereotype.  I know all of us real fans would have gone crazy over it BECAUSE of that though. 

I like to think that the longing and dreaminess of that song was reworked into Honeymoon. It would make sense. It's like she chose to skip the doomed marriage and go straight to her Honeymoon. 

I didn't like Lust for Life as a concept

its because there are so many concepts (witchy hocus pocus, out of black into blue, political awareness, break up w/ my boyfriend )that they are cancel each other. this album had no solid concept 

its because there are so many concepts (witchy hocus pocus, out of black into blue, political awareness, break up w/ my boyfriend )that they are cancel each other. this album had no solid concept 

Although even this is probably quite an unpopular opinion, for me LFL did have a clear theme (although I'll admit nowhere near as clear as the other albums)!

For me it was all about trying to change yourself for the better, by looking at your past, your surrounding climate, and where you want to be in the future.  

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

Although even this is probably quite an unpopular opinion, for me LFL did have a clear theme (although I'll admit nowhere near as clear as the other albums)!

For me it was all about trying to change yourself for the better, by looking at your past, your surrounding climate, and where you want to be in the future.  

I agree with you, but I don't think it was intentional on Lana's part. The album release was messy and unorganized.

giphy.gif

to be fair lana did warn us that lfl would be all over the place.

personally for me i think of it as a hippie woodstock girl who goes to space

(copied and pasted from what i said on @s status):

I like Guns and Roses and i dont get the slander. its a nice chill psychedelic rock song that i would genuinely be obsessed with even if some other artist sang it. the only downer of the song is how she sings the verses. But everyone forgets how perfect the vocal layering in the pre-chorus is and how trippy the bridge is. i think that makes up for it by far

That makes alot of sense now, and it would also make sense why she wanted to include the song change so badly in it! Alot of the songs I believe represent this:

Love: realizing what matters in life

LFL: being optimistic

Coachella: broadening your perspective to care more about the world around you

GBA: coming together to empower one another

Heroin (not sure about this one) : trying to quit your addictions

Change: trying to be a better person in the chaos that surrounds you

Get free: entering a more positive mind state

The rest of the songs could represent her experiences as she's changing?

That makes alot of sense now, and it would also make sense why she wanted to include the song change so badly in it! Alot of the songs I believe represent this:

The rest of the songs could represent her experiences as she's changing?

The rest of the songs could represent her experiences as she's attempting to change?

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

The rest of the songs could represent her experiences as she's attempting to change?

Yaas exactly! :D

I think Heroin is about looking into her past, and where she has been (you know where I've been, now let me show you where we are headed). By looking back into her past, she can see where she wants to go in the future and where she is now (e.g. 13 Beaches, Cherry, White Mustang, In My Feelings). I feel like I am at a point in my life where I am trying to change, and I often look back to where I was (and sometimes regress back to there), so Heroin may also be a regression to when she was at a really low point. I also feel like she thought she would write one last song about Rob, as a farewell to him and her past with him, so that she is able to move forward.

I also like your idea of it being about quitting her addictions - seeing how it ended for one of her biggest inspirations, and trying to learn from his mistakes. LFL is truly a masterpiece!

bitch i feel like I'm at a baseball game when i hear it

What why??  :O

The Other Woman is the real masterpiece!

True, I can't argue with that. The Other Woman is amazing, definitely one of her best covers! I love DLMBM, even though it is not my favourite, but I don't understand the hate it gets - it is so beautiful!