Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

​13 beaches may just be the single best song about the aftermath of rape ever.

I totally get this tbh, even though I don't think that's what the song is about because Lana has already talked about what is about you know. The song is about her privacy being invaded without consent. I think if someone had never read what she had said about the track this would make sense. 

I kind of dislike the fact Lana is writing new songs already . Why can't we just stay in this era for a while?

well the bih stopped promoting the album pretty quick so why bother staying in the era? she COULD have given us the cherry video and a video for GL or get free but she chose to be a disappointment  :oprah3:

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

I kind of dislike the fact Lana is writing new songs already . Why can't we just stay in this era for a while?

OMG I'm so glad you said this, I feel like its too soon to start a new era! Although of course I would be so excited to start a new era, I feel like this era isn't finished yet and moving into a new one (unless the new project is like an extension to LFL) would feel too soon.

I remember after UV came out in June, and then Honeymoon was announced by January, I was so shocked as it felt like I was still deeply in the UV era!

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

lfl isn't gonna end anytime soon (whatev that means) because she won't release new music just because she wrote it. she always writes songs after the album drops but she's probably still gonna tour with la to the moon till august unless she decides to add the new single but it's unlikely since she just wrote it, it's probably not even a finished song yet. 

this new song could also be for some other project think y&b; big eyes; stlalt; blue velvet.

i76mrxw.png 

I don't understand why someone WOULDN'T want the era to end. Besides the tour, it's not as if there's anything happening. It'd be dope if there was new music that came out of it, at least.

We're probably never gonna hear those songs either way.
But why the hell would you want to stay in a dead era?

tbh i feel like every era is going to be dead. if THIS era, her happiest era since BTD, is one that's like this...it's gonna suck to see what happens if she crashes and goes back into her sad feels.

giphy.gif

Can I be honest? I do love Lana, and I want to see her happy, but her "sad songs" are better than her "happy songs". I mean, compare the lyrics of honeymoon (song) and lfl (song)

Oh, and I want to see a lot of songs inspired by the poetry of sylvia plath
And I want to see REAL political songs (I mean, she made some good ones, but I want to see her doing something really good, like "people have the power" by patti smith)

at first i really liked the political side of lfl, but what happens now? Trumps still in office, the world is burning. where is her music headed?

her music used to be in its own world and now she with the politics she sort of ruined it

I had the same feeling, then I read that she wrote LFL the song on the exact day she finished Honeymoon. I guess our girl just has a natural talent for music (like lol who would have thought  :hooker: ) and she can't help herself but put it out in the world. That being said of the two eras I've been following (will forever hate myself for not having been stanning when UV was released...) it's by far my favourite and I will be sad to see it ended.

ZKcaooE.png

her political songs come off as forced and tryhard

Honestly it come across as someone in there teens that's just discovered politics for the first time. Its too abstract and not clear enough... :eek:

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

I hope her music becomes more romantic again. (although idk how unpopular of an opinion that is)

dmd is perf

This might be really confusing, but I think if Lana's unreleased songs had never been leaked, I might even be more obsessed. Cause that would make her seem even more mysterious, and I'd be searching even harder to know more about her.

I feel like Lana is losing her persona she created with BTD and UV eras... (now she is throwing shades and everything, i liked when she kept everything private)

BTD is visually and aesthetically her best era (dont @ me)... She really put all of her ideas and hard work into videos from that era IMO... They were really authentic and aesthetically pleasing AND metaphoric.. But her recent music videos suck.

And she really did change part of the indie/alternative music.. She created her own style and everything, but now it seems like she's gravitating towards pop industry..

I feel like Lana is losing her persona she created with BTD and UV eras... (now she is throwing shades and everything, i liked when she kept everything private)

BTD is visually and aesthetically her best era (dont @ me)... She really put all of her ideas and hard work into videos from that era IMO... They were really authentic and aesthetically pleasing AND metaphoric.. But her recent music videos suck.

she literally liked the drawing pin bracelet tweet during uv

i76mrxw.png