Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Y’all gonna kill me but I don’t care if she smokes on stage

I don’t care either...plus it’s not like she’s chain smoking back to back. I feel like having a cigarette occasionally isn’t THAT bad. The amount of teenage smokers are reduced year by year. Although if she started vaping on stage I might unstan.

You know what?  I hate whining but this site has opened me up to the art of being a whiny fan so why hold it in...? 

If I'm being totally honest,  I AM worried about Lana losing her deep mysterious vibe that drew me into her music. I DO believe that she may have missed her perfect opportunity to define her sound and place more by letting go of the Ultraviolence and Honeymoon style production. In my dreams I still imagine her perfect magnum opus of an album that is somewhere linking the psychedelic,  jazz,  rock of UV with the modern folk hippie of LFL, the dreamy depths of Honeymoon and the daring lyrics of BTD/PD.

I wish I didn't care,  but I do. Ban me if you wish   :diva:

p. s. Maybe I'm only worrying bc I just had 3 coffees and haven't had any in a whole week and it's making me weird

I don’t care either...plus it’s not like she’s chain smoking back to back. I feel like having a cigarette occasionally isn’t THAT bad. The amount of teenage smokers are reduced year by year. Although if she started vaping on stage I might unstan.

i feel like she smoked on stage bc of ~aesthetics and vaping really isn't her aesthetic (..yet, give stella another 3 years and she'll endorse vaping shops the way she endorsed that medium claire binch during hm).

i76mrxw.png 

i really like the melody and concept but the lyrics read like a stupid, whiny, drama queen's journal

I agree with you that the lyrics are not super profound on that track and on LFL (the song) as well. But I always thought that these two tracks were part of the album where she revisits her past, and she takes the point of view of a very young woman, therefore the simpler lyrics. 

But I don't know, maybe I am just seeing what I want to see and don't want to admit that Lana can be bad sometimes. 

ia. i also rme every time i read/hear a "omg stop smoking it's so bad for you!" comment (towards whomever, not just Lana). like, it's 2018 & we're smack in the middle of the age of information, p sure they know? unless they're blowing smoke at you or whatever, let people do whatever the fuck they want. and the 'bad example' complaints are especially laughable when it comes to Lana, the singer who created her whole career around toxic relationships, drugs/alcohol & a fascination with death, i mean...

When I saw her live last week she was like "if I have a cigarette will you judge me?" And everyone cheered hahaha

Personally idc either. I think it's obviously bad to be addicted and smoke every day, every week,  etc,  but I find one every now and then not too damaging as the risks increase so much more if you're truly addicted. 

I think there's something serene about smoking, say, one cigarette at night in the right atmosphere, which is why I'm biased and like the look of her smoking,  oops

Anyways,  she quit drinking and claims to have never done drugs,  hard drugs anyway,  like what do yall want from her lol  :toofunny: addiction is personal

ia. i also rme every time i read/hear a "omg stop smoking it's so bad for you!" comment (towards whomever, not just Lana). like, it's 2018 & we're smack in the middle of the age of information, p sure they know? unless they're blowing smoke at you or whatever, let people do whatever the fuck they want. and the 'bad example' complaints are especially laughable when it comes to Lana, the singer who created her whole career around toxic relationships, drugs/alcohol & a fascination with death, i mean...

:smokes2: I nod to this

LFL is by far her worst

heroin and cherry outsold her whole discography

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

the Cedric Gervais remix of Summertime Sadness is just as good as the original, and sometimes, better.

Ehh I dont think that the Cedric Gervais remix is that good, but there are some really good remixes that live up to the original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6CnIUYjpqw

still one of my favorites

this is more of a general unpopular opinion that includes many of Lana's "official" remixes but i hate remixes that are not built around the song. a producer makes a EDM tropical house song or whatever EDM subgenre is popular at the moment and then slaps some random vocals from the main song and call it a remix. homophobic

this for example builds around the song, it reimagines it while staying familiar

Ehh I dont think that the Cedric Gervais remix is that good, but there are some really good remixes that live up to the original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6CnIUYjpqw

still one of my favorites

I'm unimpressed with most Lana remixes, including SS, but the official Blue Jeans remixes are soo good. The one you posted is one of my faves along with the Gesaffeistein remix. These two are probably tied for my #1, both are amazing and give the track their own vibe:

Cedric Gervais wishes he could make something half as good as these   :oopna:

giphy-1.gif 

You know what?  I hate whining but this site has opened me up to the art of being a whiny fan so why hold it in...? 

If I'm being totally honest,  I AM worried about Lana losing her deep mysterious vibe that drew me into her music. I DO believe that she may have missed her perfect opportunity to define her sound and place more by letting go of the Ultraviolence and Honeymoon style production. In my dreams I still imagine her perfect magnum opus of an album that is somewhere linking the psychedelic,  jazz,  rock of UV with the modern folk hippie of LFL, the dreamy depths of Honeymoon and the daring lyrics of BTD/PD.

I wish I didn't care,  but I do. Ban me if you wish   :diva:

p. s. Maybe I'm only worrying bc I just had 3 coffees and haven't had any in a whole week and it's making me weird

I agree with you. Sometimes I feel that she's kinda selling out