Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

As i suspected would happen when this thread was first started, this has turned more into any negative opinions on anything Lana related, rather than unpopular opinions.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

As i suspected would happen when this thread was first started, this has turned more into any negative opinions on anything Lana related, rather than unpopular opinions.

Noticed this too and I'm kind of tired of it.

14417469274.gif

Guest Maru the Cat

Most of the negative opinions are unpopular, and most of the unpopular opinions are negative.

Deal with it.

EDIT: To word this in a less snarky way --> When most of the fanbase consists of people saying "OMG SHE'S FLAWLESS", negative opinions become unpopular opinions. Just because they're negative doesn't mean that they are not ~valid unpopular opinions/criticisms~ and not worth sharing, nor is it worth even pointing out.

I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion, but I mostly prefer Lana's simple live versions of a song, often with only piano and strings over the sometimes over produced studio version. And I love it when she does that Shakira thing in Blue Jeans. And the crazy part in Million Dollar Man is ****ing awesome

*Insert awesome and creative photo of Lana with added photoshops effects here*

I like Lana Del Ray/Rey AKA Lizzy Grant so much more than Born to Die. I feel like Born to Die is very "packaged" with it's sound and presentation. AKA just feels so natural in many aspects, it just flows better. Born to Die on the other hand just sounds overproduced on a whole.

I like the demo of Blue Jeans WAY better than the BTD version, it's kind of overrated. I miss her old hair (short and red) like freaking crazy and also hate the GQ shoot (counting them as unpopular because I've gotten death threats on tumblr because of them).

there is a light & it never goes out

- I prefer the 'Born To Die' demo to the official version

- I despise 'Lucky Ones', even the demo sucks

- One of my favourite unreleased songs is 'Daddy Issues'

- Another favourite is 'Match Made In Heaven'

- I want to punch the 'Summertime Sadness' demo in the throat, the original is incredible

- I dislike the 'Video Games' music video

- I dislike the new version of 'Yayo' as well

sigjs.jpg

Lucky Ones is a song I could see as (if it weren't released on BTD) being a Lana leak that nobody cared about after a while.

I could definitely see it as under appreciated. Much like how "Put the Radio On" kinda slipped out of consciousness lately. And so did "You're Gonna Love Me" and "Gangsta Boy."

- The Summertime Sadness video is awful imo. I'm so over the filters Lana has done w/ her vids & am hoping for something more professional like BTD/BJ for 'Ride.'

- This probably isn't unpopular but I find her dad v attractive ;)

- I think Lana calls paps sometimes (i.e. my default picture)

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

Guest Maru the Cat

As much as I stan for Ride, I've come to a realization: it is hella generic. It sounds like it was specifically designed for radioplay or something. So, as much as I hate most of BtD, I've come to another realization: I'll take over-produced songs that are CREATIVE over something as generic sounding as Ride. I think it's always better to produce a fringe-effort that may not be as accessible or sound that great than something as "formulaic"/safe/"pleasant-sounding" as Ride. (Don't get me wrong, I do love the song though). Experimentation is far more likely to lead an artist to create an amazing sound (sometimes you might have to create something really crappy sounding to later create something really good ) rather than just playing it safe and continually having "meh" music.

With that said, here are sounds I think Lana should pursue:

• Working with Fiona Apple's producers (here, I would prefer if she reverted back to LDRakaLG lyricism)
  • Doing a fucking dance album with MOTHERFUCKING MAX MARTIN (here, her pretty-lyricism works!)
  • Doing a fucking AMBIENT ALBUM along the lines of
    /
    (two of my favourite artists, judging you if you don't like them or haven't heard a song by them. I've read somewhere -- don't know how true this is -- that The Weeknd and Lana are friends. If you're going to try out one of them, I'd recommend the Jai Paul track)