Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

no, Carmen's the best. That's why all the boys and girls like her.

But when I listen to "Without You" I see a pregnant Sharon Tate jumping off a diving-board in slow motion. I don't know why.

Am I the only one who truthfully knows that "Without You" is the best song on Born to Die?

That's the first song I phell in love with. :3 It's tied with "Lucky Ones" for my favorite.

"knows" REALLY? :imbeingsarcasticbitch2:

WY got you bothered and hot? Remain in ignorance :whitney:

That's the first song I phell in love with. :3 It's tied with "Lucky Ones" for my favorite.

You had me until you invoked that monstrosity... :whoopi:

I want to hear any and all other songs Emile did for the album, so I can finally realize what they would sound like. For example, I've been trying to reconcile mentally "Driving In Cars With Boys" to the Born-to-Die production style, and it ISN'T. WORKING.

- I despise 'Lucky Ones', even the demo sucks

Same here, however the only way I can listen to that song it's the demo, but it's just so shitty like the album version when you're listening to it with all the another demos like National Anthem, Lolita, TIWMUG, even Blue Jeans and SS that is almost the same. I have the same opinion with Oh Say Can You See. :toofloppy:

I really like Delicious, but most people don't like it.

I prefer Lana's Ghetto Baby than Cheryl's one.

I like Serial Killer, Hollywood's Dead and American Dream but they're just so overrated.

I can't listen to the Diet Mountain Dew demos, I prefer the album version.

I don't know this unpopular but I really like lyrics like 'Brite Lites' just repeating the same 23 times. :teehee:

Guest Maru the Cat

BRITE LITES IS AMAZING FCUK WHAT THE HATERS LANA FANS SAY :imbeingsarcasticbitch2:

I am hot. :wtf: But the lyrics for that song are just.....ugh..no.

I can be your china doll if you like to see me fall :crying:

We were two kids just trying to get out, lived on the dark side of the American Dream :crying:

I even think I found god in the flashbulbs of the pretty cameras :crying:

I can be your china doll if you like to see me fall :crying:

We were two kids just trying to get out, lived on the dark side of the American Dream :crying:

I even think I found god in the flashbulbs of the pretty cameras :crying:

"All my dreams and all the lights mean nothing without you" And BAAM the entire song went to hell.

last.fm  

Am I the only one who truthfully knows that "Without You" is the best song on Born to Die?

Oh hunny, I'm not so sure about you here. It doesn't seem like you know anything when you can't even use proper grammar!

"Axl Rose Husband" is pretty over-looked and kickass. It's lyrics shit on most of Born to Die.

What was it that you knew, again? Oh right, nothing. :whitney:

14417469274.gif

The BTD version of "Lolita" shits all over the demos... I actually like what Emile did with this track, its got some DOPE BEATS ;)

Also v fun if U've got good bass in ur car

In the movie Lolita - Sue Lyon sings a track called "Lolita Ya Ya" and that's what the BTD version of Lolta reminds me of.

It's far from the best, but "Jump" and "Smarty" are massively underrated.

Smarty and Yayo are my favorites from AKA.

I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion or not, but I love it when Lana sings higher pitched than usual, I really prefer it to her regular singing. That's one of the reasons I love Lucky Ones so much. I really love Daddy Issues too, I know a lot of people don't. I feel like my favorites are hated by everyone else. :creep:

I also really like the production on Burning Desire and Ride. I know a bunch of people were complaining about the "gritty" or "heavy" sound of the songs, but that's how they were made to sound. Burning Desire is husky and sexy, so it's going to be gritty and heavy. Ride is kind of a busy mess towards the end, and I think that was intentional for the emotional build of the song. Am I the only one who thinks this? I think a lot of people are just so used to the glossy production from BTD that these songs just sound weird to them because it's not as polished as BTD was, that it's a new sound.

14417469274.gif

Smarty and Yayo are my favorites from AKA.

I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion or not, but I love it when Lana sings higher pitched than usual, I really prefer it to her regular singing. That's one of the reasons I love Lucky Ones so much. I really love Daddy Issues too, I know a lot of people don't. I feel like my favorites are hated by everyone else. :creep:

I also really like the production on Burning Desire and Ride. I know a bunch of people were complaining about the "gritty" or "heavy" sound of the songs, but that's how they were made to sound. Burning Desire is husky and sexy, so it's going to be gritty and heavy. Ride is kind of a busy mess towards the end, and I think that was intentional for the emotional build of the song. Am I the only one who thinks this? I think a lot of people are just so used to the glossy production from BTD that these songs just sound weird to them because it's not as polished as BTD was, that it's a new sound.

100% completely agree! the production on burning desire (♥) and ride creates this heavy, pulsating ambiance that really goes with the vibe of the songs.

also: this morning listening to lizzy, i was thinking about how much i want her, as lana, to - at least occasionally - go back to her higher-pitched singing! she has good range, and her lower register is sultry, but she sounds much more effortless and natural, imho, when she sings in "treble-y" tones :) damn those managers that advised her to sing in a huskier voice so people would take her more seriously! (though it seems they were right? :imbeingsarcasticbitch2: )

I really don't like Burning Desire, I just haven't clicked with it at all.

You said that...

I don't really like Burning Desire

No wonder Monicker's hating my thread, we're a mess!

What was it that you knew, again? Oh right, nothing. :whitney:

#stale