Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

But .. Love and lust For Life don't fit the rest of the record at all. They feel like they belong to another album

Flop for Life Lust For Life can choke. But Love is iconic, the song itself and the video. I still think the album was made for the fans so the lyrics really fit that specific theme. Also it's kinda nice that it's the next thing you hear after Get Free, it's like completing a cycle. Plus, saying it doesn't fit the rest of the album really doesn't matter this time, I mean, why would Stevie Nicks and Playboi Carti be featured in the same album? Lana didn't care about cohesiveness for this album and I really liked that (which may be an actual unpopular opinion).

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

Lana's stage presence has gotten worse and worse since her debut

sings over studio track with minor band playing (didn't do that before, a la her OttR n YCBTB performances) 

i could literally hear the studio version of cherry overpowering her vocals multiple times throughout the song

i want my "if you judge me ill fucking kill you" and bbc1 hackney weekend lana live back

idc if people think she sounds like a dying whale at least it's a gotdamn SHOW and i LIVE FOR IT

i totally agree. at endless summer tour i swear i could barely hear her sometimes. i also h a t e the dancing. i loved the spontaneous cute dancing that she used to do, but this choreographed stuff really ruins the performances. i liked the organic, chill vibe they had before. 

Her stage outfits lately are annoying me. I get that she's more relaxed and it's good, but dressing up doesn't take much tbh, especially since she probably has stylists and such. She just looks lazy these days. :pft:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Her stage outfits lately are annoying me. I get that she's more relaxed and it's good, but dressing up doesn't take much tbh, especially since she probably has stylists and such. She just looks lazy these days. :pft:

Kind of funny how her fans dress up for her shows and put in 1000% of effort in the mornings before queueing. :toofunny:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Exactly what I was saying in the CA performance thread, I feel like I would be a little miffed if I was getting hyped for a show and she posts up in a tracksuit..it just doesn't exactly portray excitement to perform for the thousands of people that payed money to see you. Even if she's doing it for comfort, there's better ways to dress presentably, she needs a style team

She is lazy...she doesn't even sing good..I guess it's just a phase..she is fighting with her past and trying to get rid of all of what is related with it...ok this is just a theory but it kinda makes sense judging by her interviews 

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

She is lazy...she doesn't even sing good..I guess it's just a phase..she is fighting with her past and trying to get rid of all of what is related with it...ok this is just a theory but it kinda makes sense judging by her interviews

I agree. Her performances seem so tired and predictable. I don't know who the sound managers are but they need to amp up her mic because I can barely hear her sing over the instruments..

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Exactly what I was saying in the CA performance thread, I feel like I would be a little miffed if I was getting hyped for a show and she posts up in a tracksuit..it just doesn't exactly portray excitement to perform for the thousands of people that payed money to see you. Even if she's doing it for comfort, there's better ways to dress presentably, she needs a style team

I agree. Her performances seem so tired and predictable. I don't know who the sound managers are but they need to amp up her mic because I can barely hear her sing over the instruments..

I was a bit disappointed when she came on stage in only jeans and a black tee in London, but it was my first show with her so I didn't mind that much. I was just happy to be there.

Also, there were times when the audience were louder than her and I wished the guitar was louder. But I had earplugs to protect my eardrums so maybe it would've sounded different without them. (But I honestly doubt it because both Coldplay and U2 sounded perfect with earplugs but then again, their music is totally different...)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Love, Change and Get Free are the only truly good songs on Lust for Life.

Also, I don't understand the hate for Love at all... it's one of the best songs she has ever done. It's such a mature and honest song. Everybody who hates it has never been in love tbh

If you're saying that Cringechella isn't the worst track on the album, your sentence will probably fade from existence in thin air an before reaching my ears.

cWQyu97.gif

Cringechella is a way better parody name that Roachella.

Finally someone who hates Roachella as much as me. as soon as i hear her crooning like some basic white girl drunk in the california sun i skip immediately to ha good sis God Bless America

speaking of unpopular opinions, GBA is a bop. I don't know if it's well liked here, but it's trashed everywhere else

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

Love, Change and Get Free are the only truly good songs on Lust for Life.

Also, I don't understand the hate for Love at all... it's one of the best songs she has ever done. It's such a mature and honest song. Everybody who hates it has never been in love tbh

The song isn't even about falling in love, hence why she changed the title to simply "Love". The song is meant to be more universal and all-inclusive. The lyrics make no mention about young love but instead about being youthful and loving at heart in a world that's becoming increasingly more hateful and confusing. She doesn't even mention love once until the end of the chorus and when she posted that video of her singing the song on her insta awhile back she changed it to "it's enough to FEEL young and HAVE LOVE IN YOUR HEART". Artists tend to simplify things a bit to be simply about a singular love so it's more personal and intimate but the song ain't even about falling in love, not in the context she wrote it at least.

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

Without You is the best song on BTD and has aged magnificently and you WILL accept this as the truth :oprah3:

One of the best along with Million Dollar Man, Off to the Races and National Anthem. Blue Jeans has got nothing on them.