Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

I love your signature 

I can't really get into Get Free. I don't dislike it, but it doesn't stand out to me like it does everyone else.

Your signature is beautiful !  :crying2:  (not an unpopular opinion, just blurting it out !)

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

Lana is having such a weird phase right now with what songs shes been singing at her shows and what she has been wearing lately. I think that Lana looks as beautiful as ever, but her behavior seems off at times. She just released an album that has managed to have some of her worst tracks she's ever released, and some of her best tracks she's has ever released. There seems to be a lot of internal conflict, and granted I don't know what is going on in her head space at the moment. There seems to be a lot of conflict with how she presents herself atm. 

Lana is having such a weird phase right now with what songs shes been singing at her shows and what she has been wearing lately. I think that Lana looks as beautiful as ever, but her behavior seems off at times. She just released an album that has managed to have some of her worst tracks she's ever released, and some of her best tracks she's has ever released. There seems to be a lot of internal conflict, and granted I don't know what is going on in her head space at the moment. There seems to be a lot of conflict with how she presents herself atm. 

may i ask what you think are the worst tracks on LFL?

i mean, besides coachella ofc

I hate listening to GBA out loud because I live in the UK and it's awkward af :lmao:

Yeah me too, especially cuz many people here dont speak English well so all they understand is "God Bless America" but none of the following part so it makes me look like a Trump supporter :rip:

image.png

may i ask what you think are the worst tracks on LFL?

i mean, besides coachella ofc

number one is of course Coachella but mainly I really was underwhelmed by cherry, groupie love, summer bummer, in my feelings, white mustang, and lust for life. I still enjoy the songs but I know Lana can do better because she has done better. On the flip side of those we have tracks like heroin and get free which exceted my standards completely.

Honeymoon is aging like fine wine: it's only getting better as time goes on. It's become my go-to Lana album the past few months, and I think it might be my favorite album of hers now.

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

Okay here it comes, I don't know if in the 200 and so pages someone already brought it up but I don't like how lana continuously uses the title of her song as the main lyrics of her choruses, I'm not saying she shouldn't do it, probably she actually does it purposefully and it is me who doesn't *connect* to it so as an artist who knows better she can do as she pleases, but honestly I'd love it if she'd use it less 

like in UV and HM title tracks i can understand the use of repetition because the words "ultraviolence" and "our honeymoon" are actually evocative and the way she sings it actually puts me in the right ambiance and imo she does it best in Sad Girl because the sad/bad girl litany has this pathetic registry to it so it triggers something emotional to me but in the next track the PWYC chorus doesn't have that effect any more and more blatantly i almost hate it in G&R, the song is well structured, i love her voice and the instruments - if she could just add two worlds to the chorus to make it somewhat like a sentence or something more sophisticated i'd love it  because repeating g&r doesn't cut it to me and it happens again in white mustang, a song i could be in love with but again the rhetorical device that makes the title repeat in the chorus frustrates me. maybe the apparition of his white mustang triggers something deep in her and probably makes her heart skip a beat but i don't relate and it leaves me wanting more from the track and i'm left with no satisfaction 

and in L4L it's even worse but it fascinates me that she doesn't seem to do it in BTD (if i recall correctly, by memory)

sorry lana  :noparty: