Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

yes bc those songs are either downright awful, unforgettable, or just unnecessary

i obviously don't want a 9 track record (although i wouldn't mind a cohesive 10 track record) -- I would have liked her to replace them with. better songs. lmao. like yosemite and roses bloom for you

but anyways

giphy.gif

go off, ur not alone on that opinion

f11DMEQ.gif

LFL would be a much stronger body of work if roughly 5-6 songs were cut out

(Love, LFL, White Mustang, Summer Bummer, Groupie Love, Coachella, Change can all go tbh)

like trimming the fat off a juicy piece of meat

also Lana's breathy vocals are kind of getting old and I would like her to sing more powerfully

Love can't go even if some people don't like it

Edit: well yes they're opinions but I think Love is the song that sets the tone/theme for the rest of the album.

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

I think she should've released Lust For Life as a two-album project, the first one being the "original" album and the second one including the more recent tracks and maybe some new ones. The individual albums would be shorter, obviously – maybe ten tracks each – and probably more cohesive, plus she wouldn't have needed to cut songs (Best American Record, Roses Bloom For You, Yosemite).

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I think she should've released Lust For Life as a two-album project, the first one being the "original" album and the second one including the more recent tracks and maybe some new ones. The individual albums would be shorter, obviously – maybe ten tracks each – and probably more cohesive, plus she wouldn't have needed to cut songs (Best American Record, Roses Bloom For You, Yosemite).

That's... actually not a bad idea! :crossed:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

is it really? that's quite shocking tbh do they have normale jobs or what kind of live are they living? :0

Yeah, whenever you hear of a celebrity that's gotten busted for something, it's always meth. Recently the police have really cracked down on it and it's become much harder to get, thankfully.

All I know who are doing it regularly/somewhat regularly have regular office jobs sans one, who works in nightclubs. Outside of when they're high off of meth, they're all really normal and well put together. You would never ever suspect...!  :eek:

Meth is a huge problem here in Japan - you wouldn't be able to tell by the people that do it. 

Unfortunately that includes many of my friends, some who are doing it weekly for years now, and some of them have the best skin that I am jealous. So while it "can foster cell aging and death" that doesn't mean that you use it somewhat regularly and you're immediately looking like a corpse.

wait i thought drugs were crazy illegal over there?

i76mrxw.png 

wait i thought drugs were crazy illegal over there?

They are crazy illegal over here. Marijuana is prosecuted at the same severity as meth.

That doesn't mean addicts and people who want to do shit won't find a way to do it.

I actually like how Cherry turned out, profanity and all. I have backstories that I sometimes match to each bitch and fook. White Mustang is only 3 minutes, but if it went any longer, I feel it would've ruined it. It's perfect for me

Yesss, White Mustang really works as a short song tbh, which makes me wonder if the video will be as short...

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

Umm, Lust For Life (song) is actually really good and doesn't deserve the hate it gets.

The Shangri-Las influences on the production is truly amazing and works well with Lana's voice and overall sonic aesthetic. Lana always dances on the periphery of pop and alternative with her songs and this song does a great job at conveying that. The combination of The Shangri-Las-inspired verses/bridge with the pop-like prechorus and chorus is iconic and really conveys here vision for who she is as an artist. Lust For Life (song) is the perfect synecdoche for Lana's work as a whole. Yeah, The Weeknd kind of ruins it but I still really appreciate the song and it has good replay value in my opinion! I just despise all of the hate it gets. 

Umm, Lust For Life (song) is actually really good and doesn't deserve the hate it gets.

The Shangri-Las influences on the production is truly amazing and works well with Lana's voice and overall sonic aesthetic. Lana always dances on the periphery of pop and alternative with her songs and this song does a great job at conveying that. The combination of The Shangri-Las-inspired verses/bridge with the pop-like prechorus and chorus is iconic and really conveys here vision for who she is as an artist. Lust For Life (song) is the perfect synecdoche for Lana's work as a whole. Yeah, The Weeknd kind of ruins it but I still really appreciate the song and it has good replay value in my opinion! I just despise all of the hate it gets.

It's just way too repetitive, even for her. :smokes:

14417469274.gif

You just gave me something I would really want when I didn't even know I wanted it. Damn..this would be amazing

29legc9.gif

Yesss, White Mustang really works as a short song tbh, which makes me wonder if the video will be as short...

I know, a bit concerned for that too. I hope we get an intro or a fuller backstory to it. But I guess it just depends, we do both know that the music's gonna be good, so there's always that

UV/Honeymoon

Love can't go even if some people don't like it

Edit: well yes they're opinions but I think Love is the song that sets the tone/theme for the rest of the album.

But .. Love and lust For Life don't fit the rest of the record at all. They feel like they belong to another album

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Lana's stage presence has gotten worse and worse since her debut

sings over studio track with minor band playing (didn't do that before, a la her OttR n YCBTB performances) 

i could literally hear the studio version of cherry overpowering her vocals multiple times throughout the song

i want my "if you judge me ill fucking kill you" and bbc1 hackney weekend lana live back

idc if people think she sounds like a dying whale at least it's a gotdamn SHOW and i LIVE FOR IT

Lana's stage presence has gotten worse and worse since her debut

sings over studio track with minor band playing (didn't do that before, a la her OttR n YCBTB performances)

i could literally hear the studio version of cherry overpowering her vocals multiple times throughout the song

i want my "if you judge me ill fucking kill you" and bbc1 hackney weekend lana live back

idc if people think she sounds like a dying whale at least it's a gotdamn SHOW and i LIVE FOR IT

Yes literally..If she's tired or bored she should take a break..she even put ride in a higher key so even her low notes got weaker

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...