Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

I love her, but I still feel it lingering in the back of my mind, that this is the thematic progression that -Lana- had planned from the beginning. 

I'm constantly torn between seeing her work as a grand scale masterpiece artwork, or is it really the life of Lizzy Grant.

I remember reading some comment by a guy who went to school with her, and he just basically made the point that she has always loved playing a character, and she was always a performer in her own right. 

Anyway i'm confused, but this is what makes her so interesting. 

I'm really fucking disappointed with the album photoshoot. We only got 4 photos of Lana, 2 of which we've already seen. The photos themselves, are imo, okay at best, but I can't stand the one with her hand on her hip, her face looks really weird. Plus it being just a BTS of Love....yikes... What the hell happened to the one with her in the Blue sweater from her instagram?

Looking back at BTD and UV's, we had so many photos and a variety of outfits that all managed to be cohesive.

I feel like the album photoshoot should have been something like this: http://bridalmusings.com/2014/09/hollywood-glamour-new-inbal-dror-collection-part-1/

I think it'd fit well considering the Hollywood sign, looking down to the city, the car, it feels very Lana esque to me.

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

groupie love is her worst released song

not when we have 24

I feel like the album photoshoot should have been something like this: http://bridalmusings.com/2014/09/hollywood-glamour-new-inbal-dror-collection-part-1/

I think it'd fit well considering the Hollywood sign, looking down to the city, the car, it feels very Lana esque to me.

wow that's so beautiful <3

8bed6302093afb3474710b83255143a8.gif

The Neil Krug photoshoot of her in front of the white wall would have been more fitting for booklet visuals. Thinking of this one cluse-up of her with this granny.blouse a something in the booklet and the one of her leaning against the wall in the green dress as the cover art (without any kind of font). The pictures from the Love shoot are as fitting for the albums sound as Love is as representative for the albums sound.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

maybe not even unpopular but i havent seen it anywhere else, 13 beaches should have been the album opener and fade in to lust for life as the second track, it sounds so good when i play them back to back

pNjWdpc.png

maybe not even unpopular but i havent seen it anywhere else, 13 beaches should have been the album opener and fade in to lust for life as the second track, it sounds so good when i play them back to back

That orchestral-esque opening would've given BTD teas. But a number as the first thing on the tracklist would look weird, maybe change it to "Thirteen Beaches".

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

Her videos have lost their magic and I honestly don't think it's going to come back. 

Before you come @ me, it's not that her newer videos are "bad" they're just not as captivating or memorable. Her BTD era videos (and SOC), are much, much more enchanting, they're beautiful and iconic. Love's visuals were stunning, LFL was...cute, HM's videos are nice, but they're just missing something. They almost, dare I say, bore me after watching them more than once.

Also, since I'm on the topic of MV's, I can't stand watching Freak just knowing it was the original UV video. Like, no matter how much editing goes in, it will always fit UV better. I wish somehow, all the recording done for it or just the video itself (if it was edited) would leak. Only in my dreams.

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

Her videos have lost their magic and I honestly don't think it's going to come back. 

Before you come @ me, it's not that her newer videos are "bad" they're just not as captivating or memorable. Her BTD era videos (and SOC), are much, much more enchanting, they're beautiful and iconic. Love's visuals were stunning, LFL was...cute, HM's videos are nice, but they're just missing something. They almost, dare I say, bore me after watching them more than once.

Also, since I'm on the topic of MV's, I can't stand watching Freak just knowing it was the original UV video. Like, no matter how much editing goes in, it will always fit UV better. I wish somehow, all the recording done for it or just the video itself (if it was edited) would leak. Only in my dreams.

I never knew Freak MV was for Ultraviolence :O

That makes more sense because in UV she sings "I'm your jazz singer, you're my cult leader" - and it's suspected she wrote the song about Jim Baker [a cult leader] ("Jim raised me up, he hit me and it felt like a kiss").

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven