Hundred Dollar Bill

Lana Del Rey and Barrie James O'Neill Duet: "SUMMER WINE"

She's so random, I love it.

What's random about this that makes you say that?

Yup, it's that voice.

Disagree. I find Lana's voice much more interesting than Nancy Sinatra's.

For me it never comes down to just one thing like a singer's voice; it's about the sum of the parts--the composition, arrangement, production, performance, even engineering--the entirety of the recording. Besides, we're talking about the golden age of record production here, a 1966 Lee Hazlewood production. This version is really great but in my opinion it can't touch the original. And even so, like i said, i think Barrie's vocals are the highlight here. Though they sound excellent together. I would love an entire record of them doing duets like this. 

Speaking of which, it would be a no-brainer to start doing this on tour, and they really should, but you know she hardly ever does what's obvious or logical. 

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

i don't think any attempt to prove onerself would immediately render that person disingenuous. in fact, i think you can do something for fun, while trying to prove yourself, and still be altogether genuine. i just wonder what her motivations are. personally, i think she wants the world to love her and to see her for who she is. not just because she's human, but because she seemed rather butt-hurt in several of her past interviews. i think she's genuine, but i also think she's smart and a bit fame-hungry. the latter two can probably cause some lines to blur

:gclap: :gclap: :gclap: :gclap: :gclap: :gclap: :gclap: :popcorn:

glgcDdT.gif

Source

:awk:

:hdu:

Barrie has the voice of an angel?!?! How lovely. Man, if they did a nice old-fashioned duet record...Well, the way I sing "I Got You Babe" makes you say "oh, no."

Barrie's voice is super cool, but my favorite part is Lana kinda vocalizing in the background of the chorus at that begins at 2:15. Ahahahahahahahahhhhh. That's how she sang it. I thought it might have been a great quirk from the first version but it's actually a production decision and it's amazing.

This song is really beautiful. The combination of their voices works so perfectly together, and the video is the cutest thing in the world. I like that Lana still falls back on her idea of vintage footage, and it works so beautifully in this video. Aside from it being a gorgeous summery song, I love seeing her look so truly happy.

tumblr_mjifpjZBSu1rr0bkio2_500.png