Sitar

Lorde

I haven't listened to the full album yet but I just have to stop to say Homemade Dynamite is so much better than I expected because I didn't really like the live version. And idk if I just love BTD so much but I hear the exact Blue Jeans shouts in the background :creep: Emile wya 

tumblr_ov81kxfRAq1t0t62zo1_500.gif

Everyone can Google it, just like I did. ffs y'all millenial Lorde listeners not on this download grind :biblio:

Okay the final notes of Perfect Places just played and I'm in love with this album. It's so intimate and colorful and melodramatic and catchy as hell too. In the end I'm glad the whole album tells one story and stands out from the topical songwriting of Pure Heroine. It feels like she's developing her feelings over the course of the album instead of taking one song to capture it for the sake of variety. Ahhhhhhhh not to mention Melodrama is like the album-length jump off point from A World Alone, four years later :defeated:

Green Light 8.5/10 (extra points for the ending synth)

Sober 7/10

Homemade Dynamite 6.5/10 (great production...love the concept of ennui in your late teens, but the lyrics feel like something Halsey would write)

The Louvre 8/10

Liability 6/10

Hard Feelings/Loveless 7.5/10 (would be a little higher if it was just Hard Feelings)

Sober II (Melodrama) 7/10

Writer in the Dark 9/10 (Gorgeous)

Supercut 5.5/10 (AT&T commercial realness)

Liability (Reprise) 7.5/10

Perfect Places 6/10

Overall: 7.1/10

Some beautiful moments, but fairly disappointing overall. The production is easily the album's best aspects and keeps the experience interesting at times when the lyrics or Lorde's voice can feel subpar.