Sitar

Lorde

i listened to Solar Power again recently and it’s really not a bad album. i think i was just shocked by the switch up. i do think Solar Power itself (the song) is a bit BAD. :toofunny: when she hits that final chorus or whatever it’s just….rip….terrible decision. fuck you Jack!!!! jk i’ll never go against my baby!!!

3 minutes ago, letterblue said:

i listened to Solar Power again recently and it’s really not a bad album. i think i was just shocked by the switch up. i do think Solar Power itself (the song) is a bit BAD. :toofunny: when she hits that final chorus or whatever it’s just….rip….terrible decision. fuck you Jack!!!! jk i’ll never go against my baby!!!

Dude the layered harmonies on the end chorus are the songs saving grace 💀 the rest of it sounds like mac the inferior version 

5 minutes ago, letterblue said:

i went to one of the solar power tour shows w a friend & honestly the album grew on me so much after that too. Like youd really think much of the album was written/made with thoughts of live performances in mind.. cause idk thats when it came together most for me.:agree:

Def not bad though, I agree. I think its a solid 7/10 when I'm in the mood for it!

it’s really funny to me how when you take away Fiona’s label issues, Ella and Fiona have had such similar career trajectories. First album released as a (mouthy—to a fault) teenager, highly critically acclaimed. comes back a few years later with something even better that’s immediately considered a modern cult classic to even more praise, even though it doesn’t do as well commercially as the first album. retreats from the public eye for a while, and comes back with a 3rd album that doesn’t necessarily meet fan expectations or the standard they set for themselves with previous releases. which means that L3 is going to be her Idler Wheel yeah masterpiece incoming 😭😭😭

1 hour ago, BartenderDeco said:

why doesn’t she have any unreleased

i’d sell my kidney and my left hand for a melodrama outtake 

i would like to believe that someday we will finally hear studio versions of Precious Metals and Good Fights

i don’t think we’re getting a new album this year, but i do think she’s gonna do something big for the 10 year anniversary of Pure Heroine. she is so sentimental and so nostalgic, there’s no way she’s just gonna let the decade anniversary of her first album fly by without doing anything. Good Fights and Lost Boys are coming! L4 coming 2024! Precious Metals and Heartbreaking Love coming 2027!

20 minutes ago, paris texas said:

she may drop a cute single though in like late 2023 / early 2024 though

Just now, lilac heaven said:

i don’t think we’re getting a new album this year, but i do think she’s gonna do something big for the 10 year anniversary of Pure Heroine. she is so sentimental and so nostalgic, there’s no way she’s just gonna let the decade anniversary of her first album fly by without doing anything. Good Fights and Lost Boys are coming! L4 coming 2024! Precious Metals and Heartbreaking Love coming 2027!

good fights / lost boys cute double a-side november 2023 :true:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

14 hours ago, lilac heaven said:

someone send her an email to share this idea with her

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever