Sitar

Lorde

The EP has four songs: "Tennis Court," "Swingin Party," "Bravado" and "Biting Down," and it's not a pre-order link. It's available to download after you buy it!

Ew :horror: I can't imagine why.

tumblr_mopuh6y3g71qdlh1io1_400.gif

She's so fucking ugly but I need to see this!

(Seriously, I LOVE her music, but I think her face is SO complex...)

How dare you

What a rude way to express yourself. You could have just as easily said "I don't think she's very good looking," or something. Jesus. 

I'd really like to see the video! She's more of a caricature to me at the moment because I haven't watched any videos of her or anything & have only seen a few pictures. 

14417469274.gif

(Seriously, I LOVE her music, but I think her face is SO complex...)

I completely agree, but I was afraid to be the first one to say it. :toofloppy: I do lover her voice, her lyrics, her aesthetic....I'm really hoping she gets a little prettier as she grows older. Something about the lips...

Still, she's prettier in pictures than in that disgusting EP cover. :creep:

I completely agree, but I was afraid to be the first one to say it. :toofloppy: I do lover her voice, her lyrics, her aesthetic....I'm really hoping she gets a little prettier as she grows older. Something about the lips...

Still, she's prettier in pictures than in that disgusting EP cover. :creep:

Wrong af

To be fair, she's not an artist to be caught up on their beauty like...any other female artist the tumblr generation goes crazy over.

Seriously I NEED to see an interview of hers. Like a video, not just audio.

There's this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hRS-Od62DHA

What a rude way to express yourself. You could have just as easily said "I don't think she's very good looking," or something. Jesus. 

Wrong af

To be fair, she's not an artist to be caught up on their beauty like...any other female artist the tumblr generation goes crazy over.

Hmm, I'm not trying to start a war or anything, but sometimes when people stan like this it makes me nauseos...

I mean, whenever we don't like an artist, we are totally allowed to express it in the worst way possible, but whenever we're talking about an artist we love, we must be "respectful"? I said it as I felt it, and I try not to express myself in terms that would make another person happy, or people would agree (I'm not here for likes, that's plainly stupid), and I just thought the exact way I expressed it.

As for the second quote, why must we always go from one end to the other? We all admire beauty, but whenever we like an artist who's not gorgeous, we go like "Oh, but she's a true artist, she doesn't need to be beautiful/ the beauty gimmick"... Seriously though, I never said anything of the sort (In fact I said quite the opposite, I LOVE her music and I'm true to myself enough to keep loving her music despite her unlucky lack of aesthetic gorgeousness (hundred dollar bill, do you like this expression?) so why must you imply that I said so?

I think this shows you're pressed. I'm here for her music, not for how much she would fit as a model. And the way an artist looks always has to do with the art they produce.

As Lana del Rey fans is quite hypocritical to say counterwise.

Oh, by the way:

Hmm, I'm not trying to start a war or anything, but sometimes when people stan like this it makes me nauseos...

I mean, whenever we don't like an artist, we are totally allowed to express it in the worst way possible, but whenever we're talking about an artist we love, we must be "respectful"? I said it as I felt it, and I try not to express myself in terms that would make another person happy, or people would agree (I'm not here for likes, that's plainly stupid), and I just thought the exact way I expressed it.

As for the second quote, why must we always go from one end to the other? We all admire beauty, but whenever we like an artist who's not gorgeous, we go like "Oh, but she's a true artist, she doesn't need to be beautiful/ the beauty gimmick"... Seriously though, I never said anything of the sort (In fact I said quite the opposite, I LOVE her music and I'm true to myself enough to keep loving her music despite her unlucky lack of aesthetic gorgeousness (hundred dollar bill, do you like this expression?) so why must you imply that I said so?

I think this shows you're pressed. I'm here for her music, not for how much she would fit as a model. And the way an artist looks always has to do with the art they produce.

Oh, by the way:

I feel you, I'm not saying that you should respect her (I assume you're speaking to Bill on that bit, anyway), I just expressed my disagreement with your opinion. I like her look. However, I wasn't saying anything about her being a ~true artist~ so that excuses what she looks like. Or as any kind of generality. I was trying to express that I don't think she's ugly, but unlike Lana for instance, I'm not here praising her beauty and it doesn't really factor into her appeal at all. Continuing to use Lana as a point of reference, I love her imagery and style and hot ass. I like Lorde in a different way. Make sense? That's all I meant by not being caught up on her beauty. Not here to start a war either but don't be so presumptuous. You took what I said and inflated it quite a bit.

Aaand now the video isn't available in my country :noparty:

I feel you, I'm not saying that you should respect her (I assume you're speaking to Bill on that bit, anyway), I just expressed my disagreement with your opinion. I like her look. However, I wasn't saying anything about her being a ~true artist~ so that excuses what she looks like. Or as any kind of generality. I was trying to express that I don't think she's ugly, but unlike Lana for instance, I'm not here praising her beauty and it doesn't really factor into her appeal at all. Continuing to use Lana as a point of reference, I love her imagery and style and hot ass. I like Lorde in a different way. Make sense? That's all I meant by not being caught up on her beauty. Not here to start a war either but don't be so presumptuous. You took what I said and inflated it quite a bit.

Aaand now the video isn't available in my country :noparty:

I like when we can speak like this! In some other forums, people eat up each other.

But I feel you too, and I think exactly the same way. I like her style, but NOT her looks. She's got such a complex face, and the shy, pouty depressive girl face smirk just makes it worse...

But I think her voice and creativity is AMAZING.

Click to play it directly here, if you redirect to vevo it says the same to me. Vevo sucks. But you can play it embedded in here or tumblr!

Although you're not missing much. I'm glad we got a video, but it's a waste, she could have gone with something to boom Tennis Court (it's a good song)

I like when we can speak like this! In some other forums, people eat up each other.

But I feel you too, and I think exactly the same way. I like her style, but NOT her looks. She's got such a complex face, and the shy, pouty depressive girl face smirk just makes it worse...

But I think her voice and creativity is AMAZING.

Click to play it directly here, if you redirect to vevo it says the same to me. Vevo sucks. But you can play it embedded in here or tumblr!

Although you're not missing much. I'm glad we got a video, but it's a waste, she could have gone with something to boom Tennis Court (it's a good song)

I have a necessity to never see my fair Lorde thread go to shit :smile:

Hey, a consensus on her talent is good enough for me.

This is still not working, though :icant:

i can rip it and reupload for you if you want?

PLEASE.

This is cute!

I honestly don't really feel like much of a Lorde stan, I just love her music. I just think what you said was a little extreme...

I definitely think we should.. I mean if you (generally speaking) claim to love an artist and their work, you'd want yourself and others to treat them with respect, right? That's how I feel anyway. I mean to think she's not pretty is one thing, but I feel like "fucking ugly" is something you'd say in a really negative connotation, to/about something you hate. 

I mean I'm not telling you to express yourself by my standards, please don't think that, but I just think there's a certain level of politeness that everyone can/should abide by, just because it's polite. I understand your logic, I just don't think it's logical to say something that mean (though I guess it's not as bad to you as it is to me) about someone you hold in high regard in other standards. 

Seriously though, I never said anything of the sort (In fact I said quite the opposite, I LOVE her music and I'm true to myself enough to keep loving her music despite her unlucky lack of aesthetic gorgeousness (hundred dollar bill, do you like this expression?) so why must you imply that I said so?

What kind of shade. :wtf: :tea:

The rest of this part confused me but I don't think anyone implied you said anything contrary to what you were saying. Sitar just disagreed with you and I said I thought your remark was unnecessarily rude. 

Not sure if that part was to me or Sitar but I'm not pressed at all. You definitely blew this a bit out of proportion lol. No one is here for how she looks.

I'm tired.  :rip:

14417469274.gif