Sitar

Lorde

Okay I wanna order the Tennis Court EP when it's released on CD, but are they really not using its single cover art :defeated: I don't want 2 different EPs with the same cover!!

Hence why i got it on vinyl :eek:

inb4 it's the album cover.

Wait so the vinyl DOES have the Tennis Court single cover?

Oh and lord please no

I don't think so, but it's better to have the cover in vinyl and CD. I have The Love Club on CD and will have Tennis Court on vinyl so it won't look like I just have two of the same item.

Do we have live versions of 400 Lux, Buzzcut, Glory, and/or Ribs? I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Sadly no! Australians don't record concerts on their cell phones anymore, I guess...I asked a girl on last.fm who has scrobbled them and she said they were given to her on the condition that she wouldn't share. I think we'll have to wait for her US shows.

Guyyyyyyyys. She's performing at Splendour in the Grass either today or tomorrow in Australia, which means we're finally bound to get some live footage of "Ribs", "Buzzcut Season", "400 Lux", and/or "Glory and Gore"! Maybe now that the album is done there'll be even MORE! :hdu: :crying2:

Like it's a huge festival, someone has to record it this time. HAS TO.

So today I was only into Tennis Court by her. I listened to Royals the song and was not that impressed, and I listened to Love Club the song once in passing and it must not have been THAT good to me because I haven't listened to it since.

but my friend recommended Million Dollar Bills to me and I listened to it this morning and now I've been listening to it on repeat for 20 minutes. I'm just obsessed with the instrumental. It's sooo good and almost kind of clubby, but not just a generic electronic sound. 

It must have been a surreal moment for Kiwi teen Lorde when she got the call-up to replace an injured Frank Ocean at Splendour in the Grass this year, but while the thought of filling in for a Grammy-winning superstar would cause even the most confident singer to quake in fear, festival-goers were completely buzzed at the idea of seeing the fresh-faced songbird perform live.

The 16-year-old was only five minutes late taking the stage for her 5.30pm time slot on day three of the festival, but the crowd were so amped for her performance that a ‘Lorde’ chant began to emanate from beneath the roof of the Supertop.

The young star, whose real name is Ella Yelich-O’Connor, eventually took the stage and kicked off her set with ‘Bravado,’ and it was obvious that she was in total disbelief looking out at the sheer number of people that stood in front of her.

“Thanks for having me Australia, this is mental!” she exclaimed at the end of her second track, ‘Biting Down.’

With just a producer/DJ and a drummer accompanying her on stage, Lorde was the complete centre of attention, dressed casually in black jeans, flat boots and a black tee – looking oh so effortlessly cool and unaffected.

‘Tennis Court,’ the latest single from the starlet’s EP ‘The Love Club’ came next, with Lorde finding herself with a thousand back-up singers belting out the track along with her.

The teen undoubtedly attracted one of the biggest crowds for her early timeslot, with the Supertop tent so jam-packed with people that punters trying to get around the edges had no choice but to stop and take in the Auckland high school student’s incredible vocal talents.

Concluding her set with a hauntingly a capella version of ‘Royals,’ Lorde left the audience with no doubt in their minds that she is one 16-year-old destined for nothing but greatness.

Source: http://www.mtv.com.au/news/review-lorde-splendour-in-the-grass-2013-c866a959/

She didn't even sing any new songs. SHE DIDN'T EVEN SING ANY NEW SONGS. How could she perform FOUR new songs at a tiny Australian venue but ZERO at a huge festival?!

Source: http://www.mtv.com.au/news/review-lorde-splendour-in-the-grass-2013-c866a959/

She didn't even sing any new songs. SHE DIDN'T EVEN SING ANY NEW SONGS. How could she perform FOUR new songs at a tiny Australian venue but ZERO at a huge festival?!

Well, it was kinda meant to be expected, I mean... She had to perform the tracks available to buy, I guess.

Someone ripped the radio stream of her set at Splendour in the Grass. Warning: no new songs. But :whatever:

Vid is too long to rip the audio from...

Got you covered :creep:

(She has 10 songs so a starter pack is really just her discography tbh)

Can I get this Sitar?

Other Covers

Use Somebody (Kings of Leon cover)

Mama Do (Pixie Lott cover)

Featured in

Piece of Mind - And They Were Masked

tumblr_nqgjv3rg7p1si48w3o1_540.gif

Can I get this Sitar?

Other Covers

Use Somebody (Kings of Leon cover)

Mama Do (Pixie Lott cover)

Featured in

Piece of Mind - And They Were Masked

I just saw this because the forum glitched, will try to get that to you tonight.

I never heard that feature! I'd love to!

Piece of Mind was definitely in the download I sent out!

YAS at Lorde coming for weaves in the US finally :legend:

She's higher than Summertime Sadness! :wat:

Reminding me how soon her concert is and Stubhub prices are still sitting at $100+...I got that summertime, summertime sadness :pray: