pinupgirls

American Horror Story

Coven is the WORST thing i've ever had to watch. unscary, boring and badly written. 

SPILL THE TEA.

For me,

Asylum > Murder House >= Hotel >> Freak Show >>>>>>>> Coven

Asylum is the only season that it can maintain it's quality from the start to the end, even the Name Game is iconic but not cringeworthy.

Murder House shows the horror in a more traditional way. It's about those daily supernatural things which are more relatable, unlike the others which focus more on the shock factors from slaughter/sex/disturbing scenes , but the finale is a super mess.

Hotel finally gives me the horror vibe that was lost in S3 and S4. It does pay a lot of homage to some classic horror movies. But somehow the plot transitions are weird and illogical. And the first half of the finale is a mess as well.

Freak Show starts great until the clown is killed. Great acting from most main characters but the plot just goes no where. Every episode is like the writer are trying to develop something slowly and it will explode in the future but nothing happens eventually. And the execution just kills every potential from the story. e.g. the character development of the twins.

Coven is just a mess from the beginning to the end. The show just jumped the shark after the Madison flipped the bus. It's just a Scream Queens meets Disturbing cult movies with bad executions. The only tolerable thing in the season is probably the shades and drags among the girls. And that's not difficult to see why people love it so much since there are still lots of people who enjoy those over-dramatised reality shows like Big Bro/KUWTK/ANTM/etc. 

giphy.gif

Coven   ( like Atom said, good balance between light and dark, I liked the story and the charact ers)  > Asylum  (cre epy, would be perfect if it wasn't for the Alien sh*t)  > Murder House  (great mood, scary but a bit messy) > Freakshow (the writing was bad, but i liked the setup and atmosphere and   I still enjoyed it) > Hotel (boring and predictable story, cheap clichees considering the characters and horror elements, wasted the chance to actually show Gaga as an actor and instead just gave her a Gaga-role)

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

i'd say Coven = Asylum (they're both really different but good in their own ways and in their own way of telling the story with some flaws eg. aliens, coven killing everyone all over again got a bit boring. both had GREAT settings tho) > Murder House (creepy af but as some users said some elements were messy, adelaide's pretty girl scene was heartbreaking and the setting was really good -> the classic horror stories in a hunted house) > Freak Show (this started really interesting but lost it's way with every new episode, also killing the clown this early was confusing because everyone thought he's the main "villain", the end was a complete mess i don't even want to comment) > Hotel (this was interesting at first but the way they tried to blend the storylines into each other didn't feel natural and somehow senseless, wth was the storyline with those kids trying to kill chloe s. ???, angela basset faces the same problem jessica lange had: their characters are always similar to their previous ones but i liked jessicas more because due to the focus being on her character(s) more often we got to differentiate them better.)

the thing that annoys me with freak show and hotel is that we got to see way more gore than actual scenes that creeped me out like in the first two seasons. i'm less scared and more disgusted by the newer seasons, although freak show had some creepy appeal due to its setting)

i76mrxw.png 

i'd say Coven = Asylum (they're both really different but good in their own ways and in their own way of telling the story with some flaws eg. aliens, coven killing everyone all over again got a bit boring. both had GREAT settings tho) > Murder House (creepy af but as some users said some elements were messy, adelaide's pretty girl scene was heartbreaking and the setting was really good -> the classic horror stories in a hunted house) > Freak Show (this started really interesting but lost it's way with every new episode, also killing the clown this early was confusing because everyone thought he's the main "villain", the end was a complete mess i don't even want to comment) > Hotel (this was interesting at first but the way they tried to blend the storylines into each other didn't feel natural and somehow senseless, wth was the storyline with those kids trying to kill chloe s. ???, angela basset faces the same problem jessica lange had: their characters are always similar to their previous ones but i liked jessicas more because due to the focus being on her character(s) more often we got to differentiate them better.)

the thing that annoys me with freak show and hotel is that we got to see way more gore than actual scenes that creeped me out like in the first two seasons. i'm less scared and more disgusted by the newer seasons, although freak show had some creepy appeal due to its setting)

yesssss, Asylum was terrifying because it was about the darkness within humanity itself, not just the regular gore and supernatural that Hotel + Freak Show really focused on. you have the cruelty of Sister Jude juxtaposed against the psychotic behaviour of Dr Arden, which is entangled with the sheer creepiness of Bloody Face.

i've said it before and i'll say it again; not only was Asylum the best season of AHS, it's been my favourite season of ANY tv show ever, barring LOST. i don't think Ryan'll ever be able to triumph Asylum.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Been avoiding this thread until I could watch the finale, but I finally did tonight! It was good!

I have sort of mixed feelings about Hotel. I liked the season overall, but idk I barely ever felt on the edge of my seat. Every season sort of has its thing though, and I can appreciate that. Murder House was all about suspense for me. Lots of holding the covers over my eyes kind of moments. Asylum was the darkest and most twisted, another nice side to horror. Coven had the most enjoyable and fun to follow plot in my opinion and the included really fun humor. Like someone else said here, it kind felt like that genre of disturbing cult movies, but more thought out and better executed. Freak Show had a sort of classic feel to it, like true old school horror. The aesthetic of the whole season was really nice. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what Hotel's thing was... Gaga? Idk. I feel like I need to rewatch every season again. Also Hotel was the first season for me where I had to wait at least a week between every every episode to watch, so maybe that played into it.

Idk as the biggest Gaga fan you'll ever meet I can comfortably say that Gaga acted extremely well and I'm super proud of her, but I do feel like the role she was given was a bit to "Gaga". It was hard in certain situations and scenes to take her seriously as Elizabeth and not just Lady Gaga. Like, Lady Gaga's first major role as an actress probably shouldn't have included her character being a high fashion wearing goddess, because that's already who she is, ya know? I'd love to see her play something TOTALLY left field and nothing like Elizabeth if she comes back.

H0bDaqU.gif

"The new installment of American Horror Story will begin haunting TV screens on Wednesday, Sept. 14 at 10 p.m. ET."

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/05/american-horror-story-fx-premiere-date

Two seasons per year confirmed?

ryan is already spreading himself thin by filming three shows at the same time. creating two separate seasons of ahs on top of scream queens and american crime story would be idiotic 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

"The new installment of American Horror Story will begin haunting TV screens on Wednesday, Sept. 14 at 10 p.m. ET."

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/05/american-horror-story-fx-premiere-date

Two seasons per year confirmed?

Mid-Sept is really early...S1 started the earliest at Oct 5

Although this avoids the split into the new year because it'll be over before Christmas...or it's only 10 episodes this year and ends on Nov 9

BzhmW.png

So season 6 and 7 will be released in one year or is it talking about 5 and 6

he had mentioned the possibility of a fall season and spring season, however I believe it was abandoned given the countless other things he's now helming 

tbh, I wish the new season would just be 10 episodes to tighten up the story. 

BzhmW.png

I hope Gaga gets an ACTUAl role this time that's not just her music video persona. And I hope they will go for interesting characters and a nice story with atmosphere instead of just gore & sex.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

he had mentioned the possibility of a fall season and spring season, however I believe it was abandoned given the countless other things he's now helming 

tbh, I wish the new season would just be 10 episodes to tighten up the story. 

apparently it is 10 episodes long now, omg it all makes sense, it would end by november 16th and AHS7 could air on March/April 2017

http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/07/american-horror-story-season-6-episode.html

QVi1xFV.gifDrH6LWV.gif0FHXTOj.gif

I don't know if this year's season will have a set theme title like in year's past, I'd be ok with just AHS6 instead of something as curt as Farm -- though Homestead / Farmstead / Grasslands sounds more sophisticated 

BzhmW.png