pinupgirls

American Horror Story

Idk what to think of this it was SO over the top, I mean I really can't feel the horror or even the 'eerie' atmosphere they're trying to transmit through the environment (the hotel). I think the set is way too cartoony and the 1930s architecture doesn't contribute at all... Also that maid character completely took me out of it, it's way over the top (she was literally cleaning blood off some sheets in the middle of a corridor, wtf)

I found the episode entertaining though, I'll keep watching and see what happens next

ZmJh1LG.jpg

Watched it yesterday. I mean, i knew I would hate it since Ratga is in it, but damn, this was bad.

The only two AHS seasons I liked will remain 1 & 2. Everything went downhill since then. Last year was painful to watch. And this year, it looks so bad, I already want to kill Ryan Mumps or however that dude is called who is the director or whatever.

Also, I really wish somebody would finally murder Gaga and throw her in a river.

That's all!

I watched it on premiere night but it's been a hectic week for me. Just now getting to sit and condense my thoughts into this post. The episode left me feeling like this season will be better than the last one. Honestly I really didn't care for Freak Show I stopped maybe 1/2 to 3/4 the way in. My boyfriend loved Freak Show and says it seemed like the most "real" as far as character development but I just couldn't get into it. Honestly I agree with everybody as far as the first two seasons being the best. Asylum was my fave, it was so amazing. This season feels very styilized, more so than usual. Everything from the set, attire, music , and acting just feels a bit over the top. It's not necessarily a bad thing but it doesn't feel as smooth as the two standout seasons. I really did love the music though. She Wants Revenge was an amazing fit for that scene. Also, Hotel California albeit cheesy as fuck. Paulson to me is always amazing, I love her. I really hope that her character has more of a role as the season progresses. I find O'Hares character intriguing as well and am anticipating some back development with him. Wes Bentley seems to be doing okay so far. He is a bit intense and kind of lacks a relatability that I feel like his character needs for people to connect with him. We'll see how that plays out. To me Chloe Sevigny seems great so far, as usual. She is with most parts that she plays. I hope she's more present. I really do love her! Paulson, Sevigny, and Rabe really are the people I'm most looking forward to watching. Kathy really hasn't been doing it for me. No offense. I like her in a lot of other things but ehhhh in AHS she falls short for me. As for GaGa I just find her kind of absurd. I don't think she really can act and I cringe a little bit whenever she speaks. No offense to her, everybody has their talents but I don't feel like this is something for her. I kind of feel like they cast her for her image. Her persona/image fits the character so well and it just seems that was more so the deciding factor over actual acting ability. Honestly I would have much rather seen somebody like Paulson or Rabe in this role. Even though they may not fit the description their acting ability to me would make it more believable. I like Bomer but find him less believable in this part. I feel like the junkie who got drilled would have been a better fit. Bomer is a bit too wholesome/boy next door. I mean they could be going for that. Maybe he was that way before he changed. But his change isn't convincing me. As somebody else said this season does remind me a lot of Murder House. It gave me serious MH vibes throughout. Idk it is interesting thus far and has me wanting to know more so I would say that's a success in itself. That being said I really don't see AHS surpassing the previous seasons. It has been a decline the last few. I'll be pleasantly surprised if so but Lange really was one of my favorites. So just with that it loses a bit for me!

Asylum > Murder House > Hotel >>>> Freak Show > Coven

I think they finally put back some "Horror" back to Hotel... and the pace is clearly faster than the previous season.

Obviously there are more horror elements in Hotel then the previous two seasons

But it somehow seemed like some simple remakes of the classic horror movie.. like 1408, Shining, and some psychological criminal movies

The horror vibe isn't intense enough.

The highlight of the premier is definitely Sally's "say you love me" scene. 

She delivered so many complex emotions in one line.

I hope they could build the story up because this has so much potential.

The opening credit of S1 (I hate pictures of children) and Piggy Piggy are still the scariest moments of AHS. 

giphy.gif

I love Hotel so far. I mean it's no Murder House or Asylum, but it's much better than freak show. Though I think the show lost it's whole horror feel in season two, it feels more like a comedy/suspense show now. Gaga was pretty good. I bet when evan peters and angela basset come into the scheme it'll be ten times better.

Am I the only one who thinks they put too much into the first episode though? Like there's so much going on and they didn't really explain anything. Usually there's a little more explanation

I think it's because the pacing was so off last season that they need to actually stretch it for the full season

BzhmW.png

that episode was way too long but FUCK!!!! gaga can fucking act!!!! and she looks incredible oh my god

it kinda seems like Murder House 2.0 in terms of plot though

i don't think that's a bad thing! the concept of "everyone who dies here, stays here" is such a good one and has so much potential in the context of a hotel. and i agree about gaga. not a fan of hers musically but have been blown away by her acting and her all around presence. any time she graces the screen she is captivating and looks so stunning. :cumming: 

i don't think that's a bad thing! the concept of "everyone who dies here, stays here" is such a good one and has so much potential in the context of a hotel. and i agree about gaga. not a fan of hers musically but have been blown away by her acting and her all around presence. any time she graces the screen she is captivating and looks so stunning. :cumming:

yes! that hair down look >>>>>

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Just finished watching the second episode, and it made some really nice explanations. My only hope is that now that Ramona is the only one left to be introduced, there will be a bit more going on.

It was really exciting seeing Evan portray Mr. March, as he's always been the sort of good guy who goes through some problems. Serve them sadistic murdered teas, daddy

Oh, and Finn's body :oprah: