pinupgirls

American Horror Story

I made a list of all the people who have been casted so far. I will add onto the list when new info has been leaked.

CASTED:

- Emma Roberts

- Sarah Paulson (small role)

- Angelica Ross

- Gus Kenworthy

NOT RETURNING:

- Cheyenne Jackson

- Billy Porter

- Billy Eichner

- Evan Peters

- Jessica Lange

STILL WAITING CONFIRMATION:

- Cody Fern (strong possibility since he has been spotted on set by unknown sources)

- Leslie Grossman

- Billie Lourd

- Lily Rabe

- Kathy Bates

Darren Criss & Finn Wittrock are also expected. Ryan made an Instagram post about "cooking something up" for these three after Apocalypse ended. So if Cody is in it...I wonder why did you add Kathy & Lily as we've heard nothing from them?

Darren Criss & Finn Wittrock are also expected. Ryan made an Instagram post about "cooking something up" for these three after Apocalypse ended. So if Cody is in it...I wonder why did you add Kathy & Lily as we've heard nothing from them?

Yeah I forgot to add those two to the list. 

I added Kathy because someone mentioned she had a contract with the show which would mean she'd be available for another season. I'm not sure how long that contract lasts, but it's just what I read. As for Lily, I added her just because lol

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Officially casted: (via IG post)

- Billie Lourd

- Emma Roberts

- Gus Kenworthy

- Angelica Ross

- Cody Fern

- Matthew Morrison

- John Carroll-Lynch

- Leslie Grossman

https://twitter.com/gh00lia/status/1159677387661086720?s=19

What do you think of this? Is including these things in AHS a problem?

I am not sure, in some cases I have thought it was just added in to be "just another fucked up thing" and that really did make me question the show runners decisions, but other times it's really managed to disturb me as how horrible people can really be, as it was meant to, and I didn't think it was a bad choice for the show. 

It's a very sensitive topic and it can really fuck people up to just talk about it, including myself, so idk?

https://twitter.com/gh00lia/status/1159677387661086720?s=19

What do you think of this? Is including these things in AHS a problem?

I am not sure, in some cases I have thought it was just added in to be "just another fucked up thing" and that really did make me question the show runners decisions, but other times it's really managed to disturb me as how horrible people can really be, as it was meant to, and I didn't think it was a bad choice for the show. 

It's a very sensitive topic and it can really fuck people up to just talk about it, including myself, so idk?

Hmm I do think AHS uses some scenes as a filler. Like the Addiction Demon in Hotel, those rape scenes I feel were unnecessary and were used for shock value and nothing more. The gang rape scene in Coven I felt was important for Madison's character development and served somewhat of a purpose to the plot. 

The show itself is about horror, and rape is definitely a horrible thing in this world, however I think it needs to be implemented in a constructive way rather than just thrown into the show and used to get a reaction out of the audience. 

Hmm I do think AHS uses some scenes as a filler. Like the Addiction Demon in Hotel, those rape scenes I feel were unnecessary and were used for shock value and nothing more. The gang rape scene in Coven I felt was important for Madison's character development and served somewhat of a purpose to the plot. 

The show itself is about horror, and rape is definitely a horrible thing in this world, however I think it needs to be implemented in a constructive way rather than just thrown into the show and used to get a reaction out of the audience. 

Yeah I think specifically about the Hotel rape scene and I think that was very distasteful. I think the Coven one was honestly disturbing (as they all are to me) but you're right it had a point for more than one character- also what happened to Kyle was because of it. 

The murder house one wasn't as bad because Vivian didn't fully realise until a while after and that is no joke sorta realistic as hell. 

I do hope 1984 stays clear of that direction tho

1984 is gonna suck so badly i-

It seems the most cliche of them all, like they haven't even tried to show anything out of ordinary yet, but I have hopes. Ryan isn't that stupid.

I really think Apocalypse could have been a great season, but Ryan just HAD to cater to the witch fans.

I really think it was supposed to connect to Asylum with aliens.
Those kids who were dating inside the bunker were def late relatives of Kit Walker, probably even cousins  :toofunny:

I have hope 1984 will connect to Asylum. The aliens can't just be left in the dark, its their best plot!

I have mixed feelings with Apocalypse. First off the promo posters were by far my favourite. Very bold and iconic with the bright red and black. And you got the other posters too in shades of purple.

With the season itself, I found Michael to be comically dumb as the anti-christ rather than scary and unsettling. This isn't a jab at his acting, because overall I thought he was absolutely terrific, but he just didn't scare me as much as he should have lol. 

The ending was a mess, as I'm sure we all know. I'm not sure what they could have done differently. Also I started to dislike the whole witch/coven thing a few episodes in, and it was definitely a fan service on Ryan's part. 

But with 1984 I do enjoy the slasher concept. But it definitely seems to be a tired theme so it's hard to imagine how different they can make it from movies like Halloween and Friday 13th without piggybacking off of those movies scenes.

Yeah Apocalypse started off kind of strong, but then it did the typical "Ryan Murphy freakout" around episode 5/6, when he just throws everything at the wall and sees what sticks. I know I'm biased because I'm a Cody Fern stan but I think it did him a real disservice because Outpost Michael was THE SHIT (like the scenes with Sarah Paulson as Venable, "take off your dress" and when Evan Peters' character is imprisoned for demon-fucking, Cody was stellar throughout). Then for the rest of the season he's just a sad pathetic devil-momma's boy obsessed with killing Cordelia, and he was just a joke by the end of the whole thing.

The ending was a mess, as I'm sure we all know. I'm not sure what they could have done differently. Also I started to dislike the whole witch/coven thing a few episodes in, and it was definitely a fan service on Ryan's part. 

But with 1984 I do enjoy the slasher concept. But it definitely seems to be a tired theme so it's hard to imagine how different they can make it from movies like Halloween and Friday 13th without piggybacking off of those movies scenes.

Yeah I was completely dissatisfied with how they wrapped up the coven's story in the last episode and how Mallory being the next supreme (and that powerful without explanation) just too simple. 

As with 1984, yeah, I hope the characters too aren't so stereotypical of young adults in slasher movies. That's the part that tires me the most. 

Apocalypse had all the potential but it really feels like they were just making it up as they were going. The comedic relief was terrible, it felt like a parody at times. 

Ooof. But it's true. I can think of only a few scenes that were interesting enough to feel legit. Then the rest totally did feel like a show aimed at a young teen audience.