pinupgirls

American Horror Story

hello I recently and unexpectedly watched every season so far of horror story except for murder house and apocalypse and here is my official ranking of what I've seen:

1. Asylum (seems like a given at this point)

2. Coven (again, duh)

3. Roanoke (it's pure, unadulterated, dumb fun)

4. Hotel (started great, ended dumb)

5. Cult (didn't loathe it but all of the characters were grating)

6. FreakShow (again, all the characters were grating and something about the setting was just really unexciting to me. The musical numbers are all lol too. I will say Ms. Lang singing "OH YAH GIV IT 2 ME THIS IS HEAVEN ETC..." gives me life)

hello I recently and unexpectedly watched every season so far of horror story except for murder house and apocalypse and here is my official ranking of what I've seen:

1. Asylum (seems like a given at this point)

2. Coven (again, duh)

3. Roanoke (it's pure, unadulterated, dumb fun)

4. Hotel (started great, ended dumb)

5. Cult (didn't loathe it but all of the characters were grating)

6. FreakShow (again, all the characters were grating and something about the setting was just really unexciting to me. The musical numbers are all lol too. I will say Ms. Lang singing "OH YAH GIV IT 2 ME THIS IS HEAVEN ETC..." gives me life)

Asylum definitely deserves first place. Based on storyline and characters. I'd also say Murder house is up there.

despite Coven being my favourite theme, it really doesn't compare in that way.

I need to actually finish Roanoke tho. I'm such a snob against shaky camera drama but I should just get over it

1. Asylum (the BEST, it got everything a good season needs tbh)
2. Coven (iconic season, campy done right)
3. Freakshow (idk why it gets all this hate, it's such a good season imo. It got a little messy towards the end but it's still good tbh.)
4. Roanoke (underrated season, I actually really liked this one, it was actually scary)
5. Murder House 
6. Hotel (not as bad as people paint it out to be, but there was just too much going on)
7. Apocalypse (It could've been in the top 3 if they didn't fuck it up with the cringey "comedic relief"; it felt like a parody)

8. Cult (I suffered through this season, absolutely hated it)

qfrWuBl.png

Asylum (give us an alien season damn it)

Roanoke (I really loved this season. It would be #1 but Asylum has longevity & rewatchability on its side)

Hotel (I'm a sucker for Countess & Roma)

Coven (I've had to sit through this season sooo many times that it's almost annoying at this point)

Freakshow (It wasn't bad but it didn't live up to its full potential) 

Murder House (I knoooow everyone hates it this low, but I could never get into this season. It's not bad, but it didn't click with me)

Apocalypse (Literally what was this shit?)

Cult (Literally what was this shit?)

9a32008aa9568555201e3b88bceeef59.jpg

Didn’t watch Apocalypse yet, so...

1. Asylum (as someone else said, it had everything. every character was fascinating to watch, the story flowed well and I loved watching every minute of it)

2. Murder House (a classic, and I hate watching gore-y stuff, but this was a great season to introduce me to this type of genre. again, I was captivated with the characters and storytelling)

3. Hotel (hated the beginning of it, hated that Jessica Lange wasn’t there anymore, but I absolutely loved the ending. Lady Gaga was amazing in her role and all of the actors did a proper job in making us feel empathy for complex characters. The woman obsessed with her missing son who’s a vampire storyline got on my nerves and I didn’t care for it- but other than that- loved it!)

4. Coven (I actually like this one, but idk, I’m not as in love with it as other people seem to be. I think it was overhyped for me since I heard so much praise for it before watching the show. When I watched it I was surprised people had it ranked higher than the first two seasons. Violet annoyed the hell out of me)

5. Roanoke (loved the first half, HATED the ending. I still can’t believe they ruined the second half of the season. the writing was terrible)

6. FreakShow (it’s not as badly written as Roanoke’s second half, but it’s almost as unwatchable as Cult. my husband and I couldn’t get through it... twice. I think we semi-finished it once. It’s feels sooo s l o w . they really turned the freak characters into rapist monsters at one point- like wtf??? most of the characters/storylines I didn’t care for. the singing was cringe and RM should’ve left that on Glee. The only highlight was Jessica Lange singing a Gods & Monsters cover... and the last episode... because it ended)

7. Cult (The worst. Hated the characters. The storyline was stupid. Had so many unnecessary violent scenes [which was a first for me in watching AHS]. The ending was ok... eh, it was still bad. The only highlight was Sarah Paulson’s character killing her wife and Kai dying)

Ok I've done these rankings at least 5 times in this thread but now that I've finally finished Roanoke I think I can do it again, more informed.

1. Asylum

2. Murder House

3. Coven

4. Apocalypse

5. Freak Show

6. Roanoke

7. Hotel

8. Cult

I think Roanoke was just too full of regular horror movie scares. The only interesting part was Scáthach and how she could bind people to become eternally loyal to her. Wish we got to see more of that but no, it was all just torture and jumpscare ghosts. The ending with Lee looking after Priscilla was nice, but it was a small wrap-up.

Hotel and Cult were last for me because Hotel just started so slow and I finished it a couple of years late too cause it wasn't interesting enough but the aesthetics were always nice. Cult is dead last. I did enjoy some parts but it really was just a big stretch and can't compare in any way to the storylines of the other seasons. It's almost like they did it just to seem politically relevant, but they managed to do it properly in Apocalypse anyway.

Okay ya'll I finished Apocalypse last night and I would like to share my thoughts!

First I want to start by saying what an amazing job Cody Fern did as Michael Langdon. His expressions and mannerisms were so powerful and the way he conveys his lines are incredible. I can't fault his acting one bit. I feel like we've watched multiple Michael Langdons, if that makes sense. Like with Constance, he's like a little scared boy, afraid of all the power and evil he possesses. Then when he is with Miriam, that's when his true self starts to come out. Then finally in the Outpost we see this very confident and powerful anti-christ, waiting for fresh meat. Just...wow!

So now onto the nitty gritty parts. I do feel like there were too many flashback scenes, and it confused me from time to time. After a while it gets hard to follow and I'd much prefer if the show stick to one time frame only, with limited flashback scenes that are vital to whatever the story is. 

I also feel like Apocalypse is really just Coven 2.0. I do like the Coven season, although not enough for it to be intertwined with season 8. We weren't really focusing on the apocalypse concept, but rather 'witchy seven wonders power' concept just like Coven. The only crossover that truly mattered was Murder House, since that is where Michael Langdon's life and story initially begins. 

Also I wasn't a fan of Michael's death scene. It was somewhat of a joke that this powerful being gets killed by a range rover. Michael was a shitty person but he definitely deserved a better death scene. 

Overall I did like it, but I feel like a lot of concepts were left unexplored and it became a 2.0 of Coven. 

---

And since ya'll are doing season rankings, I wanna join in.

(Best to worst)

1. Asylum

2. Murder House

3. Freak Show

4. Coven

5. Apocalypse

6. Roanoke

7. Cult

(and I'm leaving Hotel out because I still haven't watched it yet despite trying 2 times lol)

Misty
(Stevie Nicks, ABBA, AURORA)

Myrtle
(Björk, CocoRosie, Grimes, Patti Smith)

Queenie
(TAWk, Beyoncé, Sevdaliza)

Cordelia
(Adele, Dido, Aleah, Cat Power)

Madison
(Britney Spears, Sky Ferriera, Eminem)

Fiona
(Amy Winehouse, Michelle Gurevich)

Spalding? Melanie Martinez.

SCREAMING

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

All I have to contribute is that I'm obsessed with Cody Fern rn   :smokes2:  :smokes2:  :smokes2:

I saw a tweet that was like "Imagine Cody Fern in a Lana Del Rey music video," and I think I would implode

I won't lie, I've become absolutely obsessed with him too. He's a fashion icon for sure! Also he seems very sweet and sassy. :flutter:

I won't lie, I've become absolutely obsessed with him too. He's a fashion icon for sure! Also he seems very sweet and sassy. :flutter:

Ungh, yes, he's my fashion icon, I love how he goes there for red carpet events. When I saw his Golden Globes outfit my jaw dropped. His Met Gala outfit was tdf. And then when I found out he has a Masters in Psychology like me I was like  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated: Help, I'm sprung

Ungh, yes, he's my fashion icon, I love how he goes there for red carpet events. When I saw his Golden Globes outfit my jaw dropped. His Met Gala outfit was tdf. And then when I found out he has a Masters in Psychology like me I was like  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated: Help, I'm sprung

He has a masters in psychology?? WHEW THE BRAINS!! I like him even more (and I thought that wasn't possible) :hooker:

He has a masters in psychology?? WHEW THE BRAINS!! I like him even more (and I thought that wasn't possible) :hooker:

Have you read his British GQ Style interview? Scans are here if you haven't https://codyfern.net/photos/thumbnails.php?album=97

Sorry to overtake this thread but like I said I'M OBSESSED

Have you read his British GQ Style interview? Scans are here if you haven't https://codyfern.net/photos/thumbnails.php?album=97

Sorry to overtake this thread but like I said I'M OBSESSED

omg thank you sm, I'm gonna read it :flutter: