Beemo

Grimes

Why did she lower the screams in My Name Is Dark?? That was my favorite part, it totally gave life and horror to the track. It's still there but it's less intense. Also anyone else notice that little pause in Before the fever just before the first chorus kicked in?? I thought that was a little pointless... anyway other than these minor problems the album is definitely my fav Grimes album!! Im so happy

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Ok so in her SiriusXM interview, she  said that it was supposed to be a double album with the other half being rock/metal but she said that she couldn't fix these old demos :toofunny:

She also said that at first she wanted to scrap it (She renewed her faith in humanity, not in this headspace anymore/ She's been waiting to release this album for so long), but she learned her lesson from the other album she scrapped and that it would have been a waste to throw it away as she considers it her best album.

She also praised FKA Twigs, Arca, Kate Bush & Bjork

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

my name is dark is bomb af. i still haven't listened to the leaked album tho. idk if i should, i feel like i can wait for this one. 

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

So it leaked, but shes releasing another version of the album?

shes releasing the leaked album in february but she said it was a double album so maybe that means we'll get the extra ten or eleven new tracks late next year, i think she said it was more heavy metal or something, but i doubt it'll happen, she wants to make newer songs

shes releasing the leaked album in february but she said it was a double album so maybe that means we'll get the extra ten or eleven new tracks late next year, i think she said it was more heavy metal or something, but i doubt it'll happen, she wants to make newer songs

Releasing the leaked album for sure? No adjustments or- seems a bit. messy ngl. fingers crossed for the double album tho regardless. Ya guys probably listened to it already, not asking for anything but, how is it? 

UV/Honeymoon

Ain’t gonna happen.

The title changes were pretentious; My favorite songs are 'Delete Forever', Violence and My Name Is Dark  :creep:  Also there was really no reason to not put We Appreciate Power on the record

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

Releasing the leaked album for sure? No adjustments or- seems a bit. messy ngl. fingers crossed for the double album tho regardless. Ya guys probably listened to it already, not asking for anything but, how is it? 

Yes she's releasing it in feb, physical copies have been made cus i've ordered my vinyl already. Its great. Tops art angels imo. Its got a little more soul and melancholy to it, also some quite deep lyrics and dark moments. Art angels felt a little bit too sickly sweet after a while. Miss Anthropocene has a great balance between playfullness and emotion. 10/10. But of course thats only my opinion. Rating the album in order from 10 being my least favorite, and 1 being my favorite i would say...

10. you'll miss me when i'm not around - (cute, but nothing more)

9. New Gods - (slow build up, good lyrics but a little underwhelming)

8. IDORU - (very art angels-esque, but drags on too long imo)

7. Violence - (Bop, iconic)

{this is where it gets insanely difficult for me, because these next 6 songs are fucking incredible, seriously}

6. 4am - (hate to put this as number 6 cus this track is ridiculously awesome but... yeah)

5. Darkseid - (creepy, cryptic.. just pure genius... SCREAM vibes)

4. So Heavy I Fell Through The Earth - (ethereal, as we all know)

3. Before the fever - (im getting supercut by lorde vibes with the fadeout, but this track reminds me of playing some sort of emotiona video game finale, really cinematic)

2. Delete Forever - (quite an emotional song for me, really soulful and honest, loved this one)

1. My Name Is Dark - (i think this track speaks for itself)

I think I missed the boat on the finished leak. I wasn’t gonna listen but then decided I wanted to and now I can’t find it. Guess I’m waiting till February

my twitter is zlegnatra

My current ranking (yes from the final album but the title changes are too stupid to repeat)

1. Black Swan Blues - iconic 10/10 guitar ballad; art angels vibes
  2. My Name Is Dark - iconic, we stan her
  3. Violence - hated on the first listen but the beat is IT
  4. Last Call - alright
  5. 4AM - the hook slaps but the rest is boring as hell pls
  6. Dark Side - the SCREAM equivalent, aka never a go-to song
  7. So Heavy - does nothing for me
  8. New Gods - does nothing for me x2
  9. Adore - does nothing for me x3
  10. Before the Fever - could be skipped

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

My current ranking (yes from the final album but the title changes are too stupid to repeat)

1. Black Swan Blues - iconic 10/10 guitar ballad; art angels vibes
  2. My Name Is Dark - iconic, we stan her
  3. Violence - hated on the first listen but the beat is IT
  4. Last Call - alright
  5. 4AM - the hook slaps but the rest is boring as hell pls
  6. Dark Side - the SCREAM equivalent, aka never a go-to song
  7. So Heavy - does nothing for me
  8. New Gods - does nothing for me x2
  9. Adore - does nothing for me x3
  10. Before the Fever - could be skipped

delete your account

Yes she's releasing it in feb, physical copies have been made cus i've ordered my vinyl already. Its great. Tops art angels imo. Its got a little more soul and melancholy to it, also some quite deep lyrics and dark moments. Art angels felt a little bit too sickly sweet after a while. Miss Anthropocene has a great balance between playfullness and emotion. 10/10. But of course thats only my opinion. Rating the album in order from 10 being my least favorite, and 1 being my favorite i would say...

10. you'll miss me when i'm not around - (cute, but nothing more)

9. New Gods - (slow build up, good lyrics but a little underwhelming)

8. IDORU - (very art angels-esque, but drags on too long imo)

7. Violence - (Bop, iconic)

{this is where it gets insanely difficult for me, because these next 6 songs are fucking incredible, seriously}

6. 4am - (hate to put this as number 6 cus this track is ridiculously awesome but... yeah)

5. Darkseid - (creepy, cryptic.. just pure genius... SCREAM vibes)

4. So Heavy I Fell Through The Earth - (ethereal, as we all know)

3. Before the fever - (im getting supercut by lorde vibes with the fadeout, but this track reminds me of playing some sort of emotiona video game finale, really cinematic)

2. Delete Forever - (quite an emotional song for me, really soulful and honest, loved this one)

1. My Name Is Dark - (i think this track speaks for itself)

my twitter is zlegnatra

agree with everything you said! FUCK my fav album form her for sure