♡GagaOopsy♡

Lady Gaga

I have heard Sine from Above, it sounds like a song from the Eurovision song contest lol 90s Trance euro pop banger. And I was sat hee thinking it would be some slow piano number loool. Elton sounds pretty good on it!

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

100 doves and sine from above are one of the best tracks of the album

tea

if anyone cares heres my track by track review :creep:

Chromatica I: Cute orchestral interlude, love it 10/10

Alice: Love the verses a lot, pre-chorus of 2nd verse is also a serve. Not a fan of the bridge, robotic voice is alright but shes got some weird pronunciation going on. The "Take me to Wonderland" is very repetitive, i am surprised she went for this when the song is so short already. 7/10

Stupid Love: A skip, one of the worst songs she ever released as a single 4/10

Rain On Me: It  is fun and all, but nothing groundbreaking. Could have been released by anyone else tbh. An alright song. 6/10

Free Woman: The vocalless chorus makes it sound dated af. Already disliked the demo, but the final is worse, sadly 3/10

Fun Tonight: The first really positive surprise on the album, I like this song a lot. Might be my favorite so far. Wish it was longer. 10/10

Chromatica II: Another cute interlude. I think the strings dont fit the album's tone at all though, weird choice. But cant complain, the way it fades into 9/11 is just… whew 10/10

911: Reminds me of something, but I cant put my finger on it. Dislike the vocal effects, but the song is cute 8/10

Plastic Doll: Sounds kinda Taylor Swift-ish, am I the only one hearing it? And oh wonder, but the length of 03:41 gives this track time to breathe. Probably the reason why it is good. 8/10

Sour Candy: We have heard this song before, be it in the form of Swish Swish or Comme Des Garçons or any other song played at fashion shows. The chorus is really good, but the "Im sour candy" part is annoying. 5/10

Enigma: Pre-Chorus very reminiscent of Hallucinate? Kind of forgettable imo, nothing bad but also nothing outstanding. 6/10

Replay: I don't actually mind the instrumental break here, it works really well. The chorus melody is kind of serving Russian folk song. Might be my 2nd favorite song after Fun Tonight. 9/10

Chromatica III: Not much to say about that. 10/10

Sine From Above: This actually gave me shivers, this SLAPS SO HARD, my new favorite. Elton and Gaga sound amazing. The outro is a choice, but it is still a 10/10

1000 Doves: Yooo that is also very, very good! Chromatica Part III is slapping so far, a bop. 9/10

Babylon: I expected more from this song. The leaked snippets definitely are superior. But the gospel style of the actual song is very interesting, especially with the biblical context of the title. I think this might be a grower. 7/10

Overall review: Some tracks are really great, the best of Gaga's career imo - notably Sine From Above or Fun Tonight - but some tracks are really bad as well. All in all, I think she shouldve switched the production up a little more.

I get that she put the interludes on the album as separate tracks to make it more streaming-friendly and so we wouldnt have a minute-long intro to some songs, but I think the interlude as an actual intro for Sine From Above or 911 would have worked really well.

Overall im giving it a 7.5/10 because the highs are really high.

image.png

Enigma reminds me so much of another song but I can't think of which one. The "We could be lovers" and the part before that part specifically. 

Same. I think it is Hallucinate by Dula but im not 100% sure if thats what im hearing

image.png

Enigma: Pre-Chorus very reminiscent of Hallucinate? Kind of forgettable imo, nothing bad but also nothing outstanding. 6/10

That. That's the song I was thinking of for the part before "We could be lovers".

qfrWuBl.png

Free women isn’t that bad, it will grow. This is why demo leaks are bad to listen to. Because it defines the sound of the song so any other version is likely to be seen as worse.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance