Real Deal

BANKS

I did not expect so many ballads--but they are really good.  Her voice is stunning (so much more than I had already thought).  I wish that Stick was as upbeat as the live version though.  But overall, I love that it's such a varied debut.  

I was especially surprised at YSKWICF and Someone New, since they weren't only ballads, but not even electronic ballads! Whereas Someone New really worked, I think You Should Know would have really benefited from some more BANKS-y production...Like Waiting Game or Change.

Also Alibi definitely has SOHN's touch more than anything else he's produced for her (or anyone besides himself, for that matter). So everyone listen to his album :hooker:

Neon Jungle's Facebook Page Spammed by Angry Banks Fans

The band, who were put together in 2013 after a series of auditions, are yet to comment on the controversy, but it looks like it's going to be hard to ignore.

"put together"? So they're an attempt to recreate the success of The Spice Girls? Seriously, what's with all these basic as hell british girl groups lately?

And it's seriously messed up imo that apparently it's legal to put a cover of a fairly unknown song that has never even been on an official LP on your album without credit in the title...

Now that we have AIDYC...

The tracklist order is kinda fucked imo. You think it'll slay because the first five tracks sound perfect going from one to another, and then it's like...what is You Should Know doing there? So I rearranged it, as I tend to do (I literally can't listen to Electra Heart or Natalia Kills' Trouble in their original order thanks to my skills). Check it out~

tNGce5K.png

It's a pretty satisfying listen this way tbh. Major changes: after keeping the first five in perfect order, I went into the real angsty songs from BIEMY to AIDYC, then transitioned to the more relaxing production based stuff (Fall Over to Bedroom Wall). Bedroom Wall gives way to the ballads nicely, though Change through UTT makes for a more optimistic ending.

EDIT: Also if anyone was as curious as I was about the production credits...

TqxUksq.png

I love Banks and have for several months now and I juuust finished a portrait I did of her, perfect timing too! Coinciding with the release.

For the album, since we heard so much of it before it was released... it didn't feel like an "album release" but it is still a fantastic album and collection of work. I love the slower, sad songs that were new. Really good. But I think London as a collection felt more solid to me. 

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

wait i retract my statement...i listened again and theres so much i didnt notice the first time around

but yeah

i love bankzzzzzzZ

but feel like i'll always love london the EP more

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

Now that we have AIDYC...

The tracklist order is kinda fucked imo. You think it'll slay because the first five tracks sound perfect going from one to another, and then it's like...what is You Should Know doing there? So I rearranged it, as I tend to do (I literally can't listen to Electra Heart or Natalia Kills' Trouble in their original order thanks to my skills). Check it out~

tNGce5K.png

It's a pretty satisfying listen this way tbh. Major changes: after keeping the first five in perfect order, I went into the real angsty songs from BIEMY to AIDYC, then transitioned to the more relaxing production based stuff (Fall Over to Bedroom Wall). Bedroom Wall gives way to the ballads nicely, though Change through UTT makes for a more optimistic ending.

EDIT: Also if anyone was as curious as I was about the production credits...

TqxUksq.png

Hi so guess who finally can enjoy Banks now  :hooker:

Also would love to see your Electra Heart and Trouble playlists/new tracklists

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png