Sign in to follow this  
Guest Maru the Cat

Update Requests 1St September - 8Th September

Thanks for the feedback everyone, we're currently working through your suggestions. Some are as easy as changing some settings in the admin panel, others may take more time so i ask that you should have patience with us, until we can get through all your suggestions.

Thanks again! + Keep em' coming!

tumblr_mxx8avPa6n1s4it03o1_500.gif

A media section.

We should also have a Chat section ;'))!!

Yes, a chat section and a media section would be nice. I'd also like to see a place to discuss past shows (perhaps rename "Tour" to "Shows"?) and a designated place to discuss albums as a whole.

I don't see the point in having separate "News" and "News Discussion" sections. It seems redundant. I also don't think "Charts and Sales" is important enough to have it's own section.

Finally, a feature that I really miss from LDR.FM was a feed near the top right that showed members' recent status updates.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Yes, a chat section and a media section would be nice. I'd also like to see a place to discuss past shows (perhaps rename "Tour" to "Shows"?) and a designated place to discuss albums as a whole.

I don't see the point in having separate "News" and "News Discussion" sections. It seems redundant. I also don't think "Charts and Sales" is important enough to have it's own section.

Finally, a feature that I really miss from LDR.FM was a feed near the top right that showed members' recent status updates.

Thanks for you suggestions, we've deleted the 'news' and replaced it with 'lanaboards updates' - we'll keep charts and sales for a while, as it will be updated when her new album drops. Working on both of your mother suggestions.

Keep them coming. :)

tumblr_mxx8avPa6n1s4it03o1_500.gif

Pretty please, a feature that takes you to the last unread post when you click on a thread; that is truly one of the most useful features on a forum.

A Charts and Sales section isn't necessary and will hardly ever generate content.

The Fan Art section should not be in the main Lana Del Rey section, as that is too subjective for the general Lana Del Rey section. Perhaps it would fit better in the General section.

It would be nice if, with whatever changes are made to better organize the place, things remained unified as Lana Del Rey rather than making a distinction between Lana Del Rey and Lizzy Grant, as that is soon to be, if not already, moot.

It would also be nice if there was an option for people to customize the look/interface of the forum so that a color other than white can be chosen, so as to prevent blindness/suicide.

Sauerkraut goes really well with eggs.

Muchisimas gracias!

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

1.Pretty please, a feature that takes you to the last unread post when you click on a thread; that is truly one of the most useful features on a forum.

2. A Charts and Sales section isn't necessary and will hardly ever generate content.

3. The Fan Art section should not be in the main Lana Del Rey section, as that is too subjective for the general Lana Del Rey section. Perhaps it would fit better in the General section.

4. It would be nice if, with whatever changes are made to better organize the place, things remained unified as Lana Del Rey rather than making a distinction between Lana Del Rey and Lizzy Grant, as that is soon to be, if not already, moot.

5. It would also be nice if there was an option for people to customize the look/interface of the forum so that a color other than white can be chosen, so as to prevent blindness/suicide.

6. Sauerkraut goes really well with eggs.

Muchisimas gracias!

1. We already have this feature! if you see a blue star, that's where you have to click on to read the unread post.

2. It is customary to have them, we can discuss about lana achievement there.

3. It is need to be in Lana portion, as it shows the inspiration of fan art based on lana! If you see other forum, you will get it :D

4. i will have this discuss with admin

5. Well, right now there are not a lots of people here!! So when there is increase number of people, we will try to make customized interface.

6. um, what?

Sf3ci.png

A Charts and Sales section isn't necessary and will hardly ever generate content.

Thank you! I'm glad someone agrees with me. Perhaps this could just be a subsection under "News and Discussion" instead or even just a thread? While I'm at it, I think "News and Discussion" should just be called "News" (it's a forum, discussion is implied) to be consistent with the name used in the "General" section.

The Fan Art section should not be in the main Lana Del Rey section, as that is too subjective for the general Lana Del Rey section. Perhaps it would fit better in the General section.

I agree. Moving it to the "General" section would also allow people to post fan art of other artists as well.

It would be nice if, with whatever changes are made to better organize the place, things remained unified as Lana Del Rey rather than making a distinction between Lana Del Rey and Lizzy Grant, as that is soon to be, if not already, moot.

I tend to agree with this as well. This was a mistake made at LDR.FM that seemed like a good idea at the time, but caused a lot of headaches in retrospect. However, I do think it would be useful to have a place to discuss the different albums as a whole (Sirens, AKA, and Born to Die). And I think it would be useful to have a section devoted to shows she did before she/"Video Games" blew up. (Note to admins: I'll be PMing you about that soon.) It could also be useful to separate photos this way too. But I don't think there was much value in past attempts to try to classify unreleased songs that never made an album as belonging to either a fuzzily demarcated "Lizzy Grant era" or "Lana Del Rey" era. Determining when they were written and/or produced and organizing them chronologically may be useful, but I think it's best to lump them together and think of them all as Lizzy/Lana songs.

3. It is need to be in Lana portion, as it shows the inspiration of fan art based on lana! If you see other forum, you will get it :D

We're not forum newbies here. We were prominent members of LDR.FM. Perhaps we're guilty of trying to get you to remake this forum in it's image, but our suggestions are based on what we did and didn't like about that forum, what worked and what didn't.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I tend to agree with this as well. This was a mistake made at LDR.FM that seemed like a good idea at the time, but caused a lot of headaches in retrospect. However, I do think it would be useful to have a place to discuss the different albums as a whole (Sirens, AKA, and Born to Die). And I think it would be useful to have a section devoted to shows she did before she/"Video Games" blew up. (Note to admins: I'll be PMing you about that soon.) It could also be useful to separate photos this way too. But I don't think there was much value in past attempts to try to classify unreleased songs that never made an album as belonging to either a fuzzily demarcated "Lizzy Grant era" or "Lana Del Rey" era. Determining when they were written and/or produced and organizing them chronologically may be useful, but I think it's best to lump them together and think of them all as Lizzy/Lana songs.

I agree with this 100%. The distinction between Lana and Lizzy unreleased songs can be no more than hypothetical and I don't think we'll ever find out the absolute truth about them.

1. We already have this feature! if you see a blue star, that's where you have to click on to read the unread post.

Hmm, i'm not seeing a blue star anywhere.

Many things are customary. Prearranged marriages, for example.

As evilentity said, moving it to the General section allows people to share fan-made art for other artists as well.

6. um, what?

I don't know, i was on a making-suggestions-kick, i just went with it.

At any rate, thanks!

Thank you! I'm glad someone agrees with me. Perhaps this could just be a subsection under "News and Discussion" instead or even just a thread?

I really don't see more than a single thread being necessary for the topic of chart and sales. But then again, if forums were run according to my likes and needs, they would probably just implode into nothingness.

While I'm at it, I think "News and Discussion" should just be called "News" (it's a forum, discussion is implied) to be consistent with the name used in the "General" section.

Ah, OCD. I like it.

I do think it would be useful to have a place to discuss the different albums as a whole (Sirens, AKA, and Born to Die).

Yeah, a separate Albums section is essential. Cast my vote!

Perhaps we're guilty of trying to get you to remake this forum in it's image.

Thou shalt not make graven images, my son.

Sorry, this post is an explosion of quotes.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein