lola

Taylor Swift

20 minutes ago, Cum Sock said:

What pisses me off is that I bought both of the limited edition CDs and got charged shipping for both of them.  There’s literally no valid reason for them to be shipped separately

if you email her store they’ll combine and refund the shipping I heard 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

3 minutes ago, bigspender said:

yall think taylor swift is deep? :xgiggle:

yes? Like I literally just said, she has mostly focused on making radio friendly bops, but that doesn’t take away from the deep songs she’s written.

"Don’t forget me"

16 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

I don’t get the “this seems inauthentic’/ ‘this is so Lana coded’ when speak now was very well written (Dear John, Enchanted, and Haunted in particular) Red is also very well written. She’s always had that deepness to her song writing, and It’s not her fault she capitalized on bops (I knew you were trouble,  1989, reputation) when bops are what sold. Lover, while being bop focused, also has some very well written deeper songs. 

Since like 2012 she’s been a business woman first and foremost so of course she’s going to release what she knows is going to sell. 2020 we saw all the indie girls blowing up (in part thanks to Norman) so she knew it was safe to release deeper songs. I don’t see folklore as a Lana copy and I don’t see it as inauthentic 

I’m sorry but it’s so frustrating to come to this thread and read everyone who already has made it known they don't like her criticize her/her work. I love her and I’ll call out her annoying capitalistic ways, but it’s so strange to me reading all these people who already don’t like her come here and downplay her work 

and that’s all I’m going to say on the matter because the people who don’t like Taylor aren’t going to change their mind and and the end of the day they’re going to think whatever they want 

Sorry - I know I made a comment like this so I hope it didn’t strike too strong a chord. And again - it’s only my gauge of what she’s been doing as of late. Going back to the discourse on capitalism - that’s where the claims of inauthenticity stem from too, for me. The direction appears to be shaped by what’s profitable - which isn’t bad, necessarily. But it feels like a bit of a contradiction when something as organic as poetry is being used as a device to garner capital - rather than for the sake of the art. My two cents though and I totally get what you mean <3

ik this is a website for discussion but do the ts haters on here really have to come running in everytime the thread is bumped :eyes: i'm genuinly not trying to be rude, i just don't understand the need to spread negatively so much 

violets in your eyes

11 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Sorry - I know I made a comment like this so I hope it didn’t strike too strong a chord. And again - it’s only my gauge of what she’s been doing as of late. Going back to the discourse on capitalism - that’s where the claims of inauthenticity stem from too. The direction appears to be shaped by what’s profitable - which isn’t bad, necessarily. But it feels like a bit of contradiction when something as organic as poetry is being used as a device to garner capital - rather than for the sake of the art. My two cents though and I totally get what you mean <3

oh don’t worry it wasn’t just you, and the cord was just more annoyed than anything! I have no hard feelings or anything for people who don’t like her, everyone has their own taste and preferences! I just think there are very good reasons to dislike her; but the songwriting itself isn’t really it. I get it’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but of all her 100+ songs they aren’t all easily accessible pop songs that lack depth. But again, I am a fan of her and have been since like 2008 so of course I’m going to be biased. 

i do absolutely agree that the capitalistic side of her is very annoying and can seem inauthentic because if you truly want your fans to get all the music, just officially release it. Like midnights having like 5 variants by the end is super annoying, and like others have said, the songs will be available on YouTube/other sites at 12:03AM. I do think that as a billionaire she should cool it on the tricks and gimmicks, but at the same time why would she when half the fans complaining about it are the same ones who will still buy every single one. Every artist is bound to label obligations and she is no different. At the end of the day we live in a capitalist society and while it’s super annoying that it happens, it’s sadly expected. All I can say is, at least this time the people buying the variants are getting more than a clock or whatever other cheap gimmick shes uses before 

"Don’t forget me"

I guess hating on Taylor Swift is popular again, because I keep seeing people complain about things that other artists do as well, but the backlash is always nastier when it comes to Taylor... like, why so much hate all of a sudden? :shock2: 

Spoiler

why are you mad, when you could be glad? :oic2:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

1 hour ago, lanaismamom said:

but in what way exactly like i dont see at all i think it's really taylor swift coded already like it's her natural progression, many people who say so but i just genuinely dont understand:defeated:

the folk-ish sound with deep lyrics and the long titles are heavenly inspired by lana and anyone can notice that, even the music critics. i’m not saying that as a bad thing, i really like her music, plus taylor herself has already stated that lana is the most influential artist nowadays so i don’t see the problem in saying that these albums are very lana del rey coded (cause they are) :adele:

what i see as a problem is what was said in other posts here, her capitalistic side is not something i’m a very big fan of. 

23 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

I guess hating on Taylor Swift is popular again, because I keep seeing people complain about things that other artists do as well, but the backlash is always nastier when it comes to Taylor... like, why so much hate all of a sudden? :shock2: 

Hide contents

She’s getting a little over exposed again I think. She was the star of 2023 and now it’s gone on too long and people are turning on her a bit. It’ll calm down eventually, but might get worse with the album release this year. 

I’m a huge fan and I ordered the first vinyl but I’m not ordering any others, and might just cancel that one and get whatever one they have at Target with my bf on release day. :crossed:

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

34 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

Hide contents

i think people r just getting poorer and less tolerant, and deuxmoi definitely played a part too. they sprung onto the worst possible rumours because they wanted taylor to put them on the payroll to shut up like so many other famous people have done! looks like taylor did end up paying too, but deuxmoi was on the mega hate campaign for weeeeks. fuck deuxmoi what a fraud

giphy.gif

Everyone should direct that hate to her clothes merch. Ugliest I've ever seen, no one would buy an ugly hoodie with "graphic design is my passion" collage of Taylor for 100 bucks :illuminataylor:

url%5D

I don’t mind the multiple variants, what I do mind is the ugly ass cover that’s on the new variant :bebe: the quality of the pic looks like ai

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

8 minutes ago, Embach said:

Everyone should direct that hate to her clothes merch. Ugliest I've ever seen, no one would buy an ugly hoodie with "graphic design is my passion" collage of Taylor for 100 bucks :illuminataylor:

the kii is that the merch is the one thing she doesn’t have direct control of since she went to her new label. Her merch back in the day used to be so good and solid, but now it’s so cheap 

5 minutes ago, taco truck said:

I don’t mind the multiple variants, what I do mind is the ugly ass cover that’s on the new variant :bebe: the quality of the pic looks like ai

I agree. The OG picture so far is beautiful and sexy and artistic, this one looks like an outtake that’s only there there for vibes

"Don’t forget me"

Tbh I think her label has more control over the 1029782919 vinyl variants than Taylor herself. Her label knows that they can esrn a lot from Taylor, so they're using that chance.

url%5D

17 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

Maybe I’ve been blinded by the simplicity of her bops.. maybe I should go and discover Taylor’s better writing 

some songs i would recommend that focus more on her songwriting if you're interested are better man, the lakes, tolerate it, the archer (although that one's controversial because it's considered "too boring" by a lot of the fandom), hoax, evermore, it's time to go, and honestly a lot more. most of her in-depth writing can be seen in her albums folklore, evermore and a lot of red but you can find her writing skills on any album really. a lot of people are only think of her hits when they think of her writing, and i probably wouldn't think she was that great either if all heard when i saw her name was shake it off and bad blood, but she goes far past that superficial sound :true:

violets in your eyes

20 minutes ago, twinkletoes7 said:

i think people r just getting poorer

this is such a Mer™️ thing to say (before I learnt to censor myself) 💀💀💀

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

1 minute ago, watercolor eyes said:

some songs i would recommend that focus more on her songwriting if you're interested are better man, the lakes, tolerate it, the archer (although that one's controversial because it's considered "too boring" by a lot of the fandom), hoax, evermore, it's time to go, and honestly a lot more. most of her in-depth writing can be seen in her albums folklore, evermore and a lot of red but you can find her writing skills on any album really. a lot of people are only think of her hits when they think of her writing, and i probably wouldn't think she was that great either if all heard when i saw her name is shake it off and bad blood, but she goes far past that superficial sound :true:

Noted! People always mention folklore and evermore and for some reason I had it in my head that they were much older albums! 

going off to listen now.. its about time I opened up to somebody other than Lana :bebe:

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

Idk why people care so much about Taylor doing multiple variants. For one, everyone says it’s about money but I genuinely don’t think it’s (mostly) about that, it’s about charts lol. Taylor is chart obsessed and honestly it’s something I like about her cause it’s fun to have one of your faves on top of the world all the time lol. Also just don’t buy it. Like seriously don’t buy it. Everyone is giving so many reasons why they feel pressured to buy it but there is literally no reason you need to buy multiple variants of an album. The deluxe tracks will get put on google drive immediately and Taylor will release them to streaming. It does not matter:crai: and also, literally all big artists do this now, it’s an issue with labels/vinyl industry more than it is with individual artists but some people’s hatred for Taylor is so strong they think everything is specifically her fault lol. Lana and Phoebe Bridgers and Olivia Rodrigo started doing the MANY variants before/around the same time Taylor did.

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・