lola

Taylor Swift

25 minutes ago, Coney Island King said:

Ajay won’t post her album listen because she didn’t like it and is sacred Swifties will burn her house down or something.

Liking Midnights and not liking this album is crazy to me but I’ve literally never watched an Ajay review so I don’t really care 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

I think part of a problem for me is that it feels more like a late fall/winter album. Right now I wanna listen to some light pop bops or folk, so this just doesn't work during spring season.

Maybe it will finally click later this year.:sadcore4:

my final ranking of the standard edition after a week:

1. Guilty As Sin?   (Amazing, top 10 song, 13/10)

2. But Daddy I Love Him (just wow, no words, 11/10)

3. Florida!!! (Makes me feral, 10/10)
4. The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived (That bridge deserves a 10/10 alone)

5. Fresh Out The Slammer (A big grower for me, can't get enough of the sound on this track, she needs to do more of this country style 9/10)

6. So Long, London (So beautiful, not my fav track 5  , but I ascend every time I listen 8.8/10)

7. Who's Afraid Of Little Old Me (I can see this going lower later, after the gag wears off it's still a great song, but definitely not the best one. 8.5/10)

8. loml (One of her saddest songs ever, maybe even sadder than hoax. Beautiful song, but I can't see myself going back to it, as it's too sad 8.5/10)

9. Fortnight (I love the emotionless delivery on this one, it really works imo. Makes me feel like a mental hospital patient, 8,3/10)

10. My Boy Only Breaks (A fun bop! The true single of this album, really hopes it gets played on tour 8/10)

11. I Can Do It With A Broken Heart (Another lil bop, maybe the production is a bit too much, but I enjoy it! 8/10)

12. I Can Fix Him (Too short, if it was another minute it would be much higher. I love the country saloon vibe, she really has to go this direction for TS12 .7.9/10)

13. Clara Bow (I enioy this, the production is very "You're On Your Own, Kid" but the melody doesn't do it for me. I do like hearing Taylor Swift say Taylor Swift though. 7.5/10

14. TTPD (Hmm. The lyrics on this are a bit iffy, but I find myself coming back to this song. It might rise in my ranking in time. I like the chorus a lot 7.3/10)

15. The Alchemy (This is a puzzling song, I can't tell if I like it or not. The football metaphors are not for me, none of that on TS12 please. I love the production on this though, and the chorus. Just wish it had different lyrics. The lyric I really like is "Who are we to fight the alchemy"', that's cute. 7.2/10)

16. Down Bad (Not feeling this one. Everyone likes it, it seems, but the chorus is too repetitive for me. It feels like something I can put as backround music when I work out, something I don't have to pay too much atttention to. Overall, it's monotonous. I like it when she says fuck tho. 6.9/10)

Overall, I'd give it a score of 83-85. Here's how it ranks among the other albums:

1. Evermore

2. 1989

3. Folklore

4. Rep

5. TTPD (Standard)

6. Speak Now

7. Red

8. Midnights

9. Lover

10. Fearless

11. Debut

If I combined it with The Anthology though, it would probably be top 3. I actually haven't finished TA yet, I have 6 songs to go. I'll make a full ranking in a few days.

TTPD ranking:

1. Guilty as Sin?

2. Fresh Out The Slammer

3. I Can Fix Him (No Really I Can)

4. Fortnight

5. My Boy Only Breaks His Favorite Toys

6. loml

7. So Long, London

8. The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived

9. Who’s Afraid of Little Old Me?

10. The Tortured Poets Department

11. But Daddy I Love Him

12. Florida!!!

13. Clara Bow

14. Down Bad

15. I Can Do It With a Broken Heart

16. The Alchemy

Anthology ranking:

1. Peter

2. The Albatross

3. I Hate It Here

4. imgonnagetyouback

5. The Bolter

6. So High School

7. The Black Dog

8. Chloe or Sam or Sophia or Marcus

9. Robin

10. The Manuscript

11. How Did It End?

12. Cassandra 

13. The Prophecy

14. thanK you aIMee

15. I Look in People’s Windows

pskiQfS.jpeg

Your wife waters flowers, I wanna kill her 

IMG-2062.jpg

she’s gonna send Travis to come kiss me on the lips for this, right?

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

this video is an incredible analysis of the album. i'm sure no one outside of the fandom would want to watch a 2 hour video about a single album, but this is what i will point people towards when they try to say her current writing doesn't make any sense and she's just saying things. 

violets in your eyes

5 hours ago, Mer said:

IMG-2062.jpg

she’s gonna send Travis to come kiss me on the lips for this, right?

he’ll actually scream in your ear VIVVVAAAA LAS VEGAS 1,135 times for each scrobble. hope this helps!

pskiQfS.jpeg

im literally envisioning the most perfect music videos for i can fix him, fresh out the slammer, clara bow, and but daddy i love him. if taylor hired me you guys would be fed for years :krylie:

pskiQfS.jpeg

4 hours ago, love divine said:

this video is an incredible analysis of the album. i'm sure no one outside of the fandom would want to watch a 2 hour video about a single album, but this is what i will point people towards when they try to say her current writing doesn't make any sense and she's just saying things. 

yesssss i love me some Evolution of a Snake!!!! I find their takes so interesting and they also give me a lot of the lore from when I wasn't as big of a fan. 

Swiftologist is obviously great, but I really enjoy Madeline's podcast too (The Lizard Review), she does lyrical analyses on there, very insightful

1 hour ago, Pink Flamingo said:

is this last fm?

yes thats last fm. its not a streaming service like spotify or apple music. you connect your last fm account to your spotify or apple music accounts (or your local files player app) and it records your listening history

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

kind of disapointed she isnt doing any interviews. even in the midnights era she went on jimmy fallon. snl was so much fun in 2021 too. so far the fortnight music video is the only thing we’ve gotten to support the album. 

pskiQfS.jpeg

12 minutes ago, crazyforyou said:

kind of disapointed she isnt doing any interviews. even in the midnights era she went on jimmy fallon. snl was so much fun in 2021 too. so far the fortnight music video is the only thing we’ve gotten to support the album. 

Same, but hey you never know. Maybe she’ll do one later.

2 hours ago, crazyforyou said:

Maybe she's saving the heavy promo for Rep TV?

2 hours ago, crazyforyou said:

omg right i miss singles and interviews :(((

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

All the songs are playing like summertime sadness sped up but also the longest song I’ve ever heard wtffffff 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・