lola

Taylor Swift

im sorry but like how does she have so many fans :biblio: her music is about as flat as paper she has like no charisma or anything and she hasnt really done anything notable outside of music to warrant such a fanbase... is it because shes the only mid 2000s-early 2010s pop girl that didnt really waver in terms of releasing/public image?

29 minutes ago, cranekiss said:

im sorry but like how does she have so many fans :biblio: her music is about as flat as paper she has like no charisma or anything and she hasnt really done anything notable outside of music to warrant such a fanbase... is it because shes the only mid 2000s-early 2010s pop girl that didnt really waver in terms of releasing/public image?

just read some pages on the thread and found out she is anti-black :biblio: swifties on twitter swept this under the rug for so long i had no idea about this

1 hour ago, cranekiss said:

Have you listened to all her material, especially her albums from the last few years?

1 minute ago, bluechemtrails said:

Have you listened to her whole stuff, especially her albums of the last years?

unfortunately yes! midnights is one of the most bland albums ive ever listened to. folklore and evermore are cheap attempts at transitioning into a more indie sound, lover is hysterically bad, 1989 has one good song and its a bonus track, reputation is unimaginably stupid.

she needs to quit it with the one note melodies. like you allegedly have a 3 octave vocal range why dont you fucking use it :lmao:

Maroon is such a mood it makes me want to burn cherry incense and drink red wine 🍒🥀♦️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

4 minutes ago, cranekiss said:

unfortunately yes! midnights is one of the most bland albums ive ever listened to. folklore and evermore are cheap attempts at transitioning into a more indie sound, lover is hysterically bad, 1989 has one good song and its a bonus track, reputation is unimaginably stupid.

she needs to quit it with the one note melodies. like you allegedly have a 3 octave vocal range why dont you fucking use it :lmao:

i mean i think you're being a little harsh with her music but also she deserves the roasting so let me just sit here and eat my food

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Just now, the ocean said:

i mean i think you're being a little harsh with her music but also she deserves the roasting so let me just sit here and eat my food

see i wouldnt be so harsh if she didnt have the fanbase she does. like you mean to tell me millions upon millions go crazy over songs like anti-hero and bejeweled??? like what??

Just now, cranekiss said:

see i wouldnt be so harsh if she didnt have the fanbase she does. like you mean to tell me millions upon millions go crazy over songs like anti-hero and bejeweled??? like what??

no you did snap with that

i think that speak now, red & 1989 are actually pretty good - i wouldn't say anything revolutionary but they're solid

reputation & lover are bad

folklore & evermore have good songs and if the weaker songs were cut from both and they were one album it would also be pretty solid

the 3 am tracks + a couple standard midnights tracks would make a cute EP

oh end her...

1 minute ago, the ocean said:

i think that speak now, red & 1989 are actually pretty good - i wouldn't say anything revolutionary but they're solid

folklore & evermore have good songs and if the weaker songs were cut from both and they were one album it would also be pretty solid

i will say 1989 was her last good effort. mainly because it is the reason why new romantics exists

thats the only song i can say i really love by her, if her whole discography had songs with that kind of energy then id understand why people are acting like she is the second coming of christ 

2 minutes ago, the ocean said:

btw this is all one big roast btw like imagine thinking "these would be a cute EP" is a compliment

idk but I think folklore, red (TV) and evermore have her best songs, and her songwriting here is sometimes even deeper and better than that of Lana, even though her variation of melodies is not as good

7 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

idk but I think folklore, red (TV) and evermore have her best songs, and her songwriting here is sometimes even deeper and better than that of Lana, even though her variation of melodies is not as good

:lmao:

9 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

tumblr_p9221w7Ba41v4nzkvo1_500.gif

I like Taylor's music but her songwriting has Never been even somewhat close to Lana's level, let alone better bdsjfh. She just uses big words, which gets confused for complex showstopping songwriting sometimes. 

qfrWuBl.png

40 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

you're pretty brave for saying this on lanaboards i'll give you that

I really wish she put more care into her single choices, picking songs that show off her artistry rather than the "glittery gel pen" songs that seem like attempts at quick #1's.

Here are my ideal single choices from her pop era's (songs that are still radio friendly but represent the album too).

Spoiler

01. New Romantics

02. Blank Space

03. Style

04. Out Of The Woods

05. Clean

Spoiler

01. Dancing With Our Hands Tied

02. Don't Blame Me

03. Getaway Car

04. New Year's Day

Lover

Spoiler

01. Cruel Summer

02. Cornelia Street

03. Lover

04. Soon You'll Get Better

folklore

Spoiler

01. cardigan

02. august

03. the last great american dynasty

evermore

Spoiler

01. willow

02. gold rush

03. coney island

Fearless (Taylor's Version)

Spoiler

01. Don't You

Red (Taylor's Version)

Spoiler

01. All Too Well (10 Minute Version)

Midnights

Spoiler

01. Maroon

02. Snow On The Beach

03. Labyrinth

04. Would've, Could've, Should've

Now I wouldn’t compare her to Lana, She’s just never gonna be on that level.

Talking Mainstream/Iconic Status.

Taylor Swift is the complete package,

She is one of the best songwriters of our time,

She has almost absolute control over what she does,

She can move CDs in the year 2022/3,

She really does semi-reinvent herself each era,

She works HARD.

I mean she Literally is the next Madonna, Sorry Britney but it’s true.

She really does deserve her success & I wish her well…

IMG-3521.jpg