Sign in to follow this  
Sitar

Lana Del Rey Covers Nylon Magazine's November Issue

James Lawrence Irvin and Timothy Elliott Larcombe are credited for authorship of music AND lyrics on This Is What Makes Us Girls.

Why has she always got to lie about it.

Wow I did not know that!

Although who knows, maybe Lana does not even acknowledge that song as hers seeing she never performed it (even though she should have and we all know it) :judgingu2:

she seems fine to me. and i've never heard about that assassin thing?

Sorry I can't link to it. It.s The Quiteus, The Calvin Report: An American Nightmare. September 27:th 2012. But thanks for reassuring me. Anyway Lana has stated many times that she writes the lyrics and melody and people like Nowels and Parker writes the chords.And Daniel Heath and others write the scores. All this makes her original song ideas "bigger" and more epic. Why trying to take that away from her, she has shown many times that she is perfectly capable to write songs on her own.

Wow I did not know that!

Although who knows, maybe Lana does not even acknowledge that song as hers seeing she never performed it (even though she should have and we all know it) :judgingu2:

Daniel Heath and Emilie Haynie are credited for authorship of music and lyrics on Blue Jeans.

Rick Nowels is also credit as SS writer and he confirmed that Lana wrote the lyrics. It is just like she said, if there's a guy in the room he will receive credit.

He's not credited as 'author of lyrics' like the others.

That is how it is.

She talked about it in an interview. On BTD she wrote every all the lyrics, except for one line in DMD and that's it.

And then she has her group of 3 people who do the other stuff, melody and arrangement and stuff like that

I can't find the interview but I remember she corrected herself directly after saying that and added two more songs and one of them was Lolita (I think). Does anyone know which interview this is? I've been looking for it for ages and it's driving me nuts that I can't find it  :suicide:

Daniel Heath and Emilie Haynie are credited for authorship of music and lyrics on Blue Jeans.

Where can we see the detailed songwriting credits for each song? Both Wikipedia & the BTD cd I have here (I don't have the Paradise edition at hand rn) don't make any distinction between music & lyrics.

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

Where can we see the detailed songwriting credits for each song? Both Wikipedia & the BTD cd I have here (I don't have the Paradise edition at hand rn) don't make any distinction between music & lyrics.

No they are not on the albums only on the Copyright.

I can't find the interview but I remember she corrected herself directly after saying that and added two more songs and one of them was Lolita (I think). Does anyone know which interview this is? I've been looking for it for ages and it's driving me nuts that I can't find it  :suicide:

It was the KROQ radio interview. It's more than those two songs.

Finally something new! So I guess Lana hasn't retired because I doubt that they would report about her if she actually did.
Tell me has this magazine already been published or where did we get the scans from?

Btw, I LOVE everything about this style! It's perfect! :heart:

lana_takeitoff_notxb4uwe.gif

Go here. Put "Grant, Elizabeth" in the search box, select search by name. 

Does anyone know (@@evilentity maybe?) how correct these are and more specifically rules concerning copyright? For example Justin Parker and Lana has authorship of Ride but the booklet specifies that Dan Heath arranged the strings, doesn't that mean that he should have copyright or does that count as a part of the production? Is the production not copyrighted? Lana is credited for both music and lyrics in every file and as far as I know she's only composed Yayo, does melody count as music or are her lawyers simply being sloppy and crediting every songwriter for both music and lyrics when that isn't the case?

So many questions  :horror:

I'd vote a lawyer 

Does anyone know (@@evilentity maybe?) how correct these are and more specifically rules concerning copyright? For example Justin Parker and Lana has authorship of Ride but the booklet specifies that Dan Heath arranged the strings, doesn't that mean that he should have copyright or does that count as a part of the production? Is the production not copyrighted? Lana is credited for both music and lyrics in every file and as far as I know she's only composed Yayo, does melody count as music or are her lawyers simply being sloppy and crediting every songwriter for both music and lyrics when that isn't the case?

So many questions  :horror:

Seems like restrictive legalese thing as in you can't be an author of part of a song, but just an author of a song (which must be both melody and lyrics). So on the copyright web page it credits Dan Heath on music and lyrics for Bel Air. I'm sure he's a sensitive guy, but I don't take him to be a lyrics person. However, my Paradise EP liner notes say "Lyrics and melody by Lana Del Rey".  "melody" I'm taking to be vocal melody.

I'd vote a lawyer 

Seems like restrictive legalese thing as in you can't be an author of part of a song, but just an author of a song (which must be both melody and lyrics). So on the copyright web page it credits Dan Heath on music and lyrics for Bel Air. I'm sure he's a sensitive guy, but I don't take him to be a lyrics person. However, my Paradise EP liner notes say "Lyrics and melody by Lana Del Rey".  "melody" I'm taking to be vocal melody.

No, you can most definitely be credited as the author of the lyrics and the author of the melody separately.

I'm guessing he's not included in the official copyright info (for arrangements in Ride) because arrangements are basically a reworking of a previously existent melody (in this case, written by someone else) so it's probably not considered original material.

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png