Sign in to follow this  
Sitar

Lana Del Rey Covers Nylon Magazine's November Issue

Don't most of those have, like, co-writers or something?

yeah, but every song on btd and paradise except for yayo (and a large part of lana's unreleased material) has had co-writers so her argument that lana is somehow more genuine than other female pop stars is ridiculous

yeah, but every song on btd and paradise except for yayo (and a large part of lana's unreleased material) has had co-writers so her argument that lana is somehow more genuine than other female pop stars is ridiculous

I see your point. I always thought Lana needs co-writers for the melody - as in, she only writes the lyrics (I've said before that I kinda think of her as more of a 'writer' than a musician) - while most of the others rarely write their own lyrics by themselves, and that's how I interpreted Jamie's words as well; of course I can't be sure about that on all counts.

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

I see your point. I always thought Lana needs co-writers for the melody - as in, she only writes the lyrics (I've said before that I kinda think of her as more of a 'writer' than a musician) - while most of the others rarely write their own lyrics by themselves, and that's how I interpreted Jamie's words as well; of course I can't be sure about that on all counts.

That is how it is.

She talked about it in an interview. On BTD she wrote every all the lyrics, except for one line in DMD and that's it.

And then she has her group of 3 people who do the other stuff, melody and arrangement and stuff like that

"What's astonishing is that she's sort of a Jim Morrison." -- LMAO okay Jaime, okay. :bye:

She looks great on the cover, I'm digging the whole 90s inspired look. I really, really want her to ditch those extensions asap though.

lol i rly gasped at that like... there r people u just don't compare urself or others to.  did not want a interview of lana's ~*~bFf~*~ kissin ass

the way jaime made it sound was like they kind of forced lana to make the SS vid lol and I'm gonna just keep pretending the inspiration was twin peaks cos that one she gave is estupido 

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

That MUST have been her choice of clothes, the stripped jumper outfit makes no sense whatsoever. Love it  :derpna2: she's no Morrison Jaime, that's Kurt Cobain right there.

Wearing his trademark sunglasses and jumper in a tacky mag photo shoot don't make her Kurt Cobain either!

That is how it is.

She talked about it in an interview. On BTD she wrote every all the lyrics, except for one line in DMD and that's it.

And then she has her group of 3 people who do the other stuff, melody and arrangement and stuff like that

James Lawrence Irvin and Timothy Elliott Larcombe are credited for authorship of music AND lyrics on This Is What Makes Us Girls.

Why has she always got to lie about it.

The full extent of the hurt all the vicious personal attacks has inflicted on her has really begun to show this year. Last year she was fighting for her life, even fearing for her personal safety; " Are you an assassin" she asked one journalist. The fact that she's now accepted even in the US, and loved by millions cannot seem to heal her wounds. If I was her manager I would keep her away from giving interviews for the time being.Never have I seen such a storm of hate from bloggers etc. before. Directed at a warm and talented artist. " I thought I was singing the taliban anthem while clubbing a baby seal" as Kristen Wiig joked on SNL.All this is really giving me a bad feeling. Maybe it's better to stay away from this forum until (if) she releases something new.

The full extent of the hurt all the vicious personal attacks has inflicted on her has really begun to show this year. Last year she was fighting for her life, even fearing for her personal safety; " Are you an assassin" she asked one journalist. The fact that she's now accepted even in the US, and loved by millions cannot seem to heal her wounds. If I was her manager I would keep her away from giving interviews for the time being.Never have I seen such a storm of hate from bloggers etc. before. Directed at a warm and talented artist. " I thought I was singing the taliban anthem while clubbing a baby seal" as Kristen Wiig joked on SNL.All this is really giving me a bad feeling. Maybe it's better to stay away from this forum until (if) she releases something new.

she seems fine to me. and i've never heard about that assassin thing?

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

She looks good but definitely needs some rest. The Paradise tour was heavy I think.

She'll come back. Just give her some time. We all need that sometimes.

Love to have that magazine :flutter:  I'm going to search for it.

James Lawrence Irvin and Timothy Elliott Larcombe are credited for authorship of music AND lyrics on This Is What Makes Us Girls.

Why has she always got to lie about it.

Rick Nowels is also credit as SS writer and he confirmed that Lana wrote the lyrics. It is just like she said, if there's a guy in the room he will receive credit.